PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

kylec00per
12-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Im completely lost and have tried looking everywhere but cant find any answers, my battery died and its located in the trunk. This wouldnt normally be a problem cuz i could just jump it, but i cant get my trunk open, cuz my key broke off into my driver side door and my trunk latch doesnt work. :bash: And to make it even worse, my driver side window is down just enough to where i cant take out the lock to get the key out. The battery is 100% dead, wont even move the window a little bit even if i pull up on it. Any suggestions? Its a 93 s13 vert if that helps.

Daniel.
12-21-2012, 11:39 AM
rip your top to break into your car.

Profit.

or you know....call a tow truck? or someone who has a spare key?

P.S. Yes, I very well know this doesn't even seem remotely believable and this kid sounds like an obvious troll. Carry on.

Driftwire
12-21-2012, 11:43 AM
If you remove the door panel you should be able to see the screws holding the glass on and get those off and slide the window up on its own. Disconnect it from the tracks.

Also. open your hood and cut the main power and ground wires that are run into the trunk and Attach them to a new battery and get everything running for the time being. Than just fix the wires later.

Driftwire
12-21-2012, 11:43 AM
Or if manual push start

Profit!

kylec00per
12-21-2012, 11:44 AM
rip your top to break into your car.

Profit.

or you know....call a tow truck? or someone who has a spare key?

P.S. Yes, I very well know this doesn't even seem remotely believable and this kid sounds like an obvious troll. Carry on.

Wtf it was a serious question? i can get into my car just fine i need to get into the trunk.... and its in my yard? GFY

kylec00per
12-21-2012, 11:44 AM
And thanks drift wire idk why i didnt think of that...

kylec00per
12-21-2012, 11:45 AM
also i dont have a spare key, bought the car a month ago and it only came with one it it happened the day i was about to go make a copy

rcdad123
12-21-2012, 11:51 AM
you dont need to cut the power wires. just connect the positive lead of a jumper cable to the positive lead on the starter and the negative lead of the jumper cable on the intake manifold. that will start the engine. as far as the trunk, if the cable is still hooked up to the trunk lock, you can remove the latch inside the car and pull on the cable with a pair of pliers.

kylec00per
12-21-2012, 11:54 AM
idk if the cable is still connected or not but ill give it a shot, thanks

Daniel.
12-21-2012, 01:41 PM
I took "my key broke off into my driver side door " to mean that you couldn't get into your car.

Good luck.

kylec00per
12-21-2012, 02:06 PM
I got you, but i said i couldnt get into my trunk, i just hate how the first thing someone says is "this doesn't even seem remotely believable" but thanks

fliprayzin240sx
12-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Cant you just fold down the back seat and crawl in there and pop the latch from the back?

kylec00per
12-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Alright, i can see the lock mechanism for the trunk from the inside but i cant reach it, When i looked before i couldnt see it but i just found out it was because the back part on the inside was filled with water and it was sagging down, but when i pushed it up i can get in there. Now if i can just reach to pop it ill be set, thanks flip

Taniguchi_Is_#1
12-21-2012, 06:18 PM
call a locksmith to open your trunk? unless your sim card broke in half while you installed it? in that case, soak the cell phone battery in acid until it catches fire and use smoke signals? unless your battery is locked in the phone and you broke that key, too? then use a pay phone to call the locksmith? but you locked your change in the center console and broke that key, too? beg someone for change. but they locked their keys their car, too? smash the glass with a rock you found on the ground. but earth locked the rocks in its trunk, too? start from beginning.

Daniel.
12-21-2012, 06:29 PM
call a locksmith to open your trunk? unless your sim card broke in half while you installed it? in that case, soak the cell phone battery in acid until it catches fire and use smoke signals? unless your battery is locked in the phone and you broke that key, too? then use a pay phone to call the locksmith? but you locked your change in the center console and broke that key, too? beg someone for change. but they locked their keys their car, too? smash the glass with a rock you found on the ground. but earth locked the rocks in its trunk, too? start from beginning.

This seriously made me laugh. Small pleasures.

kylec00per
12-21-2012, 06:54 PM

That actually gave me a good laugh hahahah, and im 16 so i dont have any money to pay a locksmith. But maybe i should beg for change... and i pretty much got it now, i just need to fuck with the latch til it pops.

driftracerx
12-21-2012, 07:13 PM
any news ? did you get your damn keys ? or do you have to break out the crow bar

kylec00per
12-21-2012, 07:15 PM
already broke out the crow bar and still no luck, i can just barely reach the release on the inside but no matter how hard i try to turn it it still wont go enough to pop, im just gonna keep trying until it finally goes or i break something....

redcross631
12-21-2012, 07:18 PM

I don't really post here but OMG your post made my sides hurt from laughing so hard.

That actually gave me a good laugh hahahah, and im 16 so i dont have any money to pay a locksmith. But maybe i should beg for change... and i pretty much got it now, i just need to fuck with the latch til it pops.
If you're unable to pop the latch which i don't think is too hard, get in the trunk from the inside if you can with a philips screw driver/ratchet and take the lock mechanism out completely. If you can't access it then send younger(but old enough) sibling/cousin/whoever in there with a flash light and try it that way. I would go outside to tell you exactly what to do since my lock assembly is already out but it's raining and the vert's tarped up. Good luck.

uraznfriend
12-22-2012, 12:02 PM
so you broke your key in the door? why would you need to get in the trunk to jump the battery you cant turn the car on anyways you dont have a key

EnemyS15
12-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Voice command ignition.... DUUUUUHHHHHHHH

driftracerx
12-22-2012, 01:48 PM

:eek2: I totally should get one of those ..

kylec00per
12-22-2012, 03:43 PM
so you broke your key in the door? why would you need to get in the trunk to jump the battery you cant turn the car on anyways you dont have a key

My door and ignition keys are different

That would be cool, but i would get pissed when it would take 5 tries for it to work

EnemyS15
12-22-2012, 04:47 PM
lemme guess you locked your voice in the trunk!?