PDA

View Full Version : registering a skyline in maine

1988montecarloss
12-16-2012, 08:52 PM
me and a friend have always wondered what it would take to legally register a skyline in maine, ive heard only an r33 can be legally registered without going through some really expensive shit to get it registered like an r32 or r34 but since this is maine and theres like 68 people here and 0 skylines its pretty hard to find info on it, can any of you guys help me out? thanks

Bmxer300zx
12-16-2012, 09:15 PM
buy one thats already federally legal only other way is the hard way or illegal way.
There's skylines in maine just not daily driving around.
What you do is move to canada get a residency there fly to toronto buy a r32 for the measly 5k non gtr to 8k gtr drive it back. whammo skyline just don't get caught doing it
I'm from rockland ME there is a skyline with queebec plates on it every summer at "good eats" in waldoboro. Theres also a shop with a r33 in southern maine owning a skyline 100% legal is hard to do.

Bmxer300zx
12-16-2012, 09:17 PM
just buy a s13 and a skyline clip
convert to rhd and sawp the motor register it as a 240sx basically the same

ryandh
12-16-2012, 09:19 PM
buy mine. it's federal. pockets deep enough to own one?

1988montecarloss
12-16-2012, 09:27 PM
just buy a s13 and a skyline clip
convert to rhd and sawp the motor register it as a 240sx basically the same

except its not and looks like crap

1988montecarloss
12-16-2012, 09:27 PM
buy mine. it's federal. pockets deep enough to own one?

mine arent but my friends is, he just sold his b16 eg hatch, snowmobile and is selling his 04 gto and is looking for a car

Bmxer300zx
12-16-2012, 09:49 PM
except its not and looks like crap

buying a fully legal skyline is gona take more than 20k good luck.
Just be prepared and do research cause you get one thats not legal it could be siezed even if it has a state title still won't do shit without proper paper work.
Another way is trying to get on from canada they're cheap there but finding a person to bring it too you is another story. Think they can actually getbin big trouble for doing it.

Corbic
12-16-2012, 10:18 PM
mine arent but my friends is, he just sold his b16 eg hatch, snowmobile and is selling his 04 gto and is looking for a car

That doesn't sound like it adds up to $35,000 cash.

You can not legally import and tag a Skyline. /Thread

There are obviously countless loop holes, glitches and tricks to get one on the streets and what not, but that is just it, these are hush-hush loop holes that get you "technically" there. Any serious run in with the law - accident, injuries, ect - will put you under the microscope and in some deep shit trouble. At best you lose the car, at worse you get jail time and a relaxed rectum.

Matej
12-16-2012, 10:22 PM
buy mine.
Buy Maine.

ryandh
12-16-2012, 10:46 PM

There are obviously countless loop holes, glitches and tricks to get one on the streets and what not, but that is just it, these are hush-hush loop holes that get you "technically" there. Any serious run in with the law - accident, injuries, ect - will put you under the microscope and in some deep shit trouble. At best you lose the car, at worse you get jail time and a relaxed rectum.

$45K now... Last time I was selling it, no title or registration. Car is CA titled/registerd...:2f2f:

But... I'm not selling it right now. Back on topic...

...Good luck lol
:picardfp:

1988montecarloss
12-17-2012, 08:52 AM

yeah not quite 35k but i always thought you could get a legally registered r33 for like 15-20k, obviously not a gt-r but at least a gts-t or something like that

KendallH
12-17-2012, 09:58 AM
:picardfp:

http://i47.tinypic.com/211mnb7.jpg

Bmxer300zx
12-17-2012, 01:26 PM
yeah not quite 35k but i always thought you could get a legally registered r33 for like 15-20k, obviously not a gt-r but at least a gts-t or something like that

you can get a r32 possibly a r33 for that non gtr, some that are state titled but a state title doesnt mean shit in the end. motorex ones are a good 40k+ maybe less bt not usually.
just look in the forsale section there's a few there most not 100% legal though and pricey.