PDA

View Full Version : SkylineOwnersUSA.com is back! (2 years in the waiting)

Vandrel
12-11-2012, 06:42 PM
It has been nearly 2 years since we closed our doors to the outside world. Much has changed in our community as well as our country since February 2011.

The members of this fine community who remained faithful during the absolute worst times have come to the conclusion that it's time to start over. The events that transpired in the past put this community to the test but the members have spoken and are here to say that the government failed and will not shake this community, we're here to stay.

Past events and trials are now lessons learned. This community has and will continue to grow stronger with each and every passing month. No level of intimidation or pressure from the government will shut the members of this community up or force them into hiding indefinitely. Skyline Owners USA is here to stay, get used to it.

Since July 2008 this community has grown like no other. Starting out with only a handful of members from random corners of the internet, SOUSA sparked a fire that would later become this nation's center point for enthusiasts and owners of the Nissan Skyline family. I look forward to watching this community continue to grow over the many years to come. I would also like to thank each and every member who helped support this community during the events that took place last year, without your devotion this community would surely have fallen apart.

Best regards,

Steve
--
Owner/Founder
Nissan Skyline Owners - U.S.A. (http://skylineownersusa.com/)

EnemyS15
12-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Sweet tits!! Joining now!!

2tonecoupegrl
12-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Glad your back

driftracerx
12-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Welcome back

tricky_ab
12-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Oh my account still is active!

Good to see the forum up and running again!

Vandrel
12-13-2012, 06:34 PM
Sweet tits!! Joining now!!

I think you already have an account ;)

Oh my account still is active!

Good to see the forum up and running again!

Thanks everyone, it's great to be back. We've been laying low for nearly 2 years while some government drama blew over. As of November we did a internal community poll and felt we should open the doors up again.

fliprayzin240sx
12-13-2012, 06:49 PM
So did you guys shutting down related to the whole Kaizo getting raided by ICE?

Vandrel
12-13-2012, 08:33 PM
So did you guys shutting down related to the whole Kaizo getting raided by ICE?

All related in a way. We locked down to protect everyone.

fliprayzin240sx
12-13-2012, 08:48 PM
So the news we hear of people's Skylines getting confiscated...I'm guessing that hasnt happened in a while?

Bobafreak
12-13-2012, 08:56 PM
So the news we hear of people's Skylines getting confiscated...I'm guessing that hasnt happened in a while?

Why you so nosy? >_<

Vandrel
12-14-2012, 09:37 PM

It's been awhile

fliprayzin240sx
12-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Why you so nosy? >_<

Fuck, cant I be curious? Too many rumors and bullshit story floated around after the whole Kaizo deal. I knew way too many people who shipped their car thru Kaizo and it wasnt just R-chassis.

Vandrel
12-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Too many rumors and bullshit story floated around after the whole Kaizo deal.

Quite true, a rather large mess stemmed from Kaizo. I would venture to say on the consumer side things are nearing the end for that mess. For all the others, business as usual.

onehundredoctane
12-28-2012, 08:42 AM
So Vandrel are you the guy who had one siezed? What ever happened there?

(you knew someone was gonna ask, right?)

qt_240
12-28-2012, 10:20 PM
It's nice to have it back! Too bad I don't have my skyline anymore!

bardabe
12-29-2012, 12:00 AM
yeah fuck my life... time so much money lost.

DALAZ_68
12-29-2012, 09:41 AM

I remember hearing about this...

Vandrel
01-01-2013, 02:31 PM

Yes I was one of many. I was tired of paying legal fees after 2 years and decided they could keep the frame of my car since that's all they took. It was a long 2 years of DHS being rather upset with me because I was one of the only ones to have shafted them.

Needless to say I'll have a nicely modded 92 240 coupe up for sale in the near future.

EnemyS15
01-01-2013, 02:34 PM
I do!? I gotta find out what email and how to recover that account. Damn me and my Alzheimers lol, I made a new account.

Vandrel
01-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Sent you a message ;)

drscooper
01-03-2013, 06:34 PM
this should be awesome and great! cool im joining!

Corbic
01-23-2013, 07:33 PM
You have to pay to post threads... WTF.

Vandrel
01-29-2013, 03:14 PM
You have to pay to post threads... WTF.

Our site is monitored by DHS/DOJ and as such we decided why not have the government pay to 'watch'.

We're not in the business of letting every joe from the street into our community. SOUSA isn't a group of elitests but we prefer quality over quantity. Membership fees go to support future community events, etc.

Corbic
01-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Our site is monitored by DHS/DOJ and as such we decided why not have the government pay to 'watch'.

We're not in the business of letting every joe from the street into our community. SOUSA isn't a group of elitests but we prefer quality over quantity. Membership fees go to support future community events, etc.

I'm not apposed to multi-level membership - as you can see I pay to be a premie here. Just struck me as odd to pay so much for such basic access.

Vandrel
01-29-2013, 11:54 PM
I'm not apposed to multi-level membership - as you can see I pay to be a premie here. Just struck me as odd to pay so much for such basic access.

Yeah I can understand that completely and to be honest I struggled with the decision for a bit. In the end we just felt restricted access was the best way to go after having the community on lock down for 2 years. That's not to say it won't change in the future, everything is subject to change.