PDA

View Full Version : 240 grip

likeaboss240
12-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Hey guys, so obviously the weather sucks here and my 240 obviously doesnt have the best grip, it gets really squirrely on the highway and the other day I spun out on the highway and almost wrecked so I need ideas to help with grip (more specifically rear end grip) I have a couple sand bags in the back and im working on getting new winter tire but does anyone have and tips or tricks to help with this

dOMEmE
12-04-2012, 05:06 PM
fill the trunk with cement

baube
12-05-2012, 09:16 AM
summer / allseason tires are garbage under 10celcius

go buy some real winter tires and drive a lil bit slower than usual when road condition are shitty and y'oull be fine

kubes
12-06-2012, 12:53 AM
My brother had no rear grip/traction with his 300zx last winter, He ended up filling a full sized spare tire/rim with lead wheel weights so it fit nicely in the trunk, worked great! alot of weight in one small spot where it wont move around and cause trouble!

Chaluska
12-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Hey guys, so obviously the weather sucks here and my 240 obviously doesnt have the best grip, it gets really squirrely on the highway and the other day I spun out on the highway and almost wrecked so I need ideas to help with grip (more specifically rear end grip) I have a couple sand bags in the back and im working on getting new winter tire but does anyone have and tips or tricks to help with this

maybe get a spoiler for more downforce?

more weight doesnt seem like the best option, maybe re-locate weight (battery to trunk)

snags
12-12-2012, 11:01 AM
try not driving a 240 in the canadian winter. but really.
1. more weight
2. get rid of your bald summer tires.
3. most important. drive according to conditions. duh

this thread is ridiculous

Driftwurks
12-28-2012, 09:30 PM
summer / allseason tires are garbage under 10celcius

go buy some real winter tires and drive a lil bit slower than usual when road condition are shitty and y'oull be fine

Those type of tires are garbage in general. I bought my S13 with a pair of all-season tires in the rear and I constantly hydroplane in the rain even at 50 mph even though the speed limit is 65 mph.

likeaboss240
12-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Those type of tires are garbage in general. I bought my S13 with a pair of all-season tires in the rear and I constantly hydroplane in the rain even at 50 mph even though the speed limit is 65 mph.

Yea, I figured it out anytime its icey/wet and windy out the wind blows across the road the rear end is so light that it slides around, and when you feel it happening just slow down gradually

s13mikesr20
12-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Get a allingment with zero camber in rear so all tire is touching the floor

Better tires for the snow/rain(no all season crap)run this tire on separate wheels so you can switch in summer real easy wider tires do help but you can go only so far

Weight always helps but not to much......cause u will hit the brakes and the rear end will want to flip around

Down force would help but if ur car looks stock then u would look like a Ass

Softer setting(or stiffer depending on weight) on suspension that works with the weight that u used for the rear

Try A Apache helicopter with a flamethrower in front of it to blow all the snow and ice and water away with chuck Norris flying it so the jobs done right tehe:)