PDA

View Full Version : CF polish??

iknowyoulike
03-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Hey guys i found this on Trix Motorsports site any ideas if it's worth trying or not? Anyone already try it? what you think of it?

Here's the link (http://www.trixracing.com/catlist.aspx?Subcategoryid=102&name=Carbon+Fiber+Polsih)

lemme know what you guys think!! i really need to polish my hood it's starting to look faded black. thanks guys!! :bigok:

Ghettokracker71
03-22-2004, 08:36 PM
umm.....your hood proble has a clear coat on it,that polish looks like its made to directly apply to carbon fiber ? I could easily be wrong,so don't flame me or whatever...I'm planning to get a C-F hood,so I do want to pay attention to this thread.....what kinda hood you got?

EDIT:Why the hell does the bottle say "very cherry" on it....look at the pic? Just odd....anyway,if you look at the enlarged pic....its just carnuba wax

Phlip
03-22-2004, 08:39 PM
I don't think it's really worth it in my opinion... what would be the difference between this "carbon fiber" polich and any REGULAR clearcoat polish? You have a sheet of carbon fiber, which is covered with the resin to make it what it is, and then covered in a clearcoat. I see no necessity in buying that 10.00+shipping polish, when you can run down to Wal Mart and grab something by Meguiar's and save a couple bucks at that...

-E-
03-22-2004, 09:38 PM
yeah try some automotive wax first

The Dude
03-22-2004, 11:55 PM
my friend waxed his CF hood with meguiars and it turned out great. dont waste your money on that shit.

mrmephistopheles
03-23-2004, 12:45 AM
w a x

Maeda
03-23-2004, 03:28 AM
C/F doesn't need polish. It needs many miles per hour of bugs and wind and tree branches, and an occasional mountain side to stay clean.

duey
03-23-2004, 08:13 AM
most bigger manufacturers use clearcoat on CF hoods where as cheaper hoods don't come with clearcoat at all just resin, in which case some sort of special polish is needed. But from i've seen polish/wax doesn't do any harm to CF clearcoated or not.

iknowyoulike
03-23-2004, 08:54 AM
thanks for the quick replys guys!! I'll be going to walmart today to pick up a bottle of wax. i'll let you know how it turned out :rawk: