PDA

View Full Version : How to barter and ship the items without getting ripped off?

DamnedButDetermined
11-27-2012, 05:40 PM
I am trying to trade my WH1C turbo for a Gen V M90 blower and am trying to figure out how to safely ship the turbo and make sure the supercharger is shipped.

You guys have any tips?

Thanks,
Zac

rwolf10
11-27-2012, 06:53 PM
I am trying to trade my WH1C turbo for a Gen V M90 blower and am trying to figure out how to safely ship the turbo and make sure the supercharger is shipped.

You guys have any tips?

Thanks,
Zac

only thing i can think of is tracking numbers. another thing you can do is have a cash transaction on paypal then refund it when products arrive.

Farzam
11-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Safest way to purchase products is in person or new with a warranty. Mo matter what you do, it's always going to be a gamble to a certain degree and/or you have to rely on someone else.

That being said, just package your turbo well, double box it, insure it for MSRP, and make sure the other guy does the same when he ships parts back to you. If parts are damaged during shipping, it's usually up to the shipper to go through insurance and make the claim.

I'd get them to ship first, but some people might see that as sketchy. I usually just do western union/money orders cause I despise online banking, but then again i'm the coolest dude ever. Buy my stuff.

bb4_96
11-27-2012, 07:13 PM
escroe service

Corbic
11-27-2012, 07:27 PM
Send money via paypal as a gift. Or cash threw snail mail.

DrtyRat
11-27-2012, 10:11 PM
only thing i can think of is tracking numbers. another thing you can do is have a cash transaction on paypal then refund it when products arrive.

Thats actually pretty clever but you still aren't gauranteed he's gonna return your money

LOL!!

GhostlyCoupe
11-28-2012, 12:22 AM
You really can't avoid the risk in this situation.

ghoti
11-29-2012, 07:39 PM
First post is a good post. Have both of you do a cash transaction of the same amount and refund when package arrives.

Safest way to purchase products is in person or new with a warranty. Mo matter what you do, it's always going to be a gamble to a certain degree and/or you have to rely on someone else.

That being said, just package your turbo well, double box it, insure it for MSRP, and make sure the other guy does the same when he ships parts back to you. If parts are damaged during shipping, it's usually up to the shipper to go through insurance and make the claim.

I'd get them to ship first, but some people might see that as sketchy. I usually just do western union/money orders cause I despise online banking, but then again i'm the coolest dude ever. Buy my stuff.
Yeah it's always a gamble when buying stuff used. Always good to do in person if possible. You have less of a chance of buying something that's messed up as long as you know what you're buying.
I actually like online banking and think people are kind of sketchy when using money orders specially Western Union; that place sucks even for sending money to Mexico.
Yeah, if you do that make sure to at least lubricate your asshole with some Vaseline.