DRFT
03-21-2004, 12:50 AM
link dont work

Jeff240sx
03-21-2004, 12:52 AM
link dont work

Here ya go.
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142207

I love the title. Speeding Audi hits sturdy tree.
-Jeff

DRFT
03-21-2004, 12:54 AM
so how many cars was involved? looks like 3 hah

Jeff240sx
03-21-2004, 12:55 AM
so how many cars was involved? looks like 3 hah

One car. One tree.
-Jeff

the240sxer95
03-21-2004, 01:27 AM
WOW! that is totally insane

Bbandit
03-21-2004, 01:43 AM
holymacro... im speechless.. this is terifying

WilloW
03-21-2004, 02:53 AM
Hot damn! Freaking crazy accident.

monkey7
03-21-2004, 03:42 AM
Thats pretty scary s#!t. RIP

HiPSI
03-21-2004, 11:01 AM
and still nobody knows the actual speed (or close to it) that the car was traveling?

Ghettokracker71
03-21-2004, 12:13 PM
WTF? how the hell ....damn....I want to see how that could have possible happened like that....who wants to say that the body bags were PARTS of the driver as opposed to passengers+driver?

hondaguy
03-21-2004, 12:17 PM
that licks balls

element240
03-21-2004, 01:31 PM
and that is the same way we get our SR's from japan :wiggle:

nightwalker
03-21-2004, 01:36 PM
nuts. nuts! NUTS!!!

thelinja
03-21-2004, 02:37 PM
and still nobody knows the actual speed (or close to it) that the car was traveling?
If you look at the speedometer it's stuck on 90mph.

badboy6686
03-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Is this wreck confirmed as being a REAL accident? It just looks fake to me the way there isn't any kind of marks on the ground especially where the engine is laying.... hopefully it isn't a real accident and if it is I'm sorry to those involved.

FastBack 240
03-21-2004, 06:36 PM
Shits insane. Always wear your seatbelt.

hookedup240
03-21-2004, 08:09 PM
links don't work

edit: Wow crazy accident....RIP.

zero.counter
03-21-2004, 08:20 PM
W. .o. .w. .

nurspecsil
03-22-2004, 02:35 AM
Holy Shit! I cant believe the tree is still standing. It would have had to have been hit crazy hard to rip the car in half and the tree just took it like a champ! :eek2:

DuffMan
03-22-2004, 03:12 AM
Haha look at the tach, its a diesel. I didnt know those things could go fast enough to do that kind of damage.

dct223
03-22-2004, 03:37 AM
i saw this posted on another forum... LOTS of people say its fake.. cus one.. there is no like skid marks, no tossed up dirt, and no blood and no fluids anywhere.. Thats why a lot of people are saying why its fake...

But i think its real, what a terrible accident =/

s13driver
03-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Shits insane. Always wear your seatbelt.
yup it is true that you should always wear seatbelt, but that kind of accident, seatbelt wont do any good... also has any one notice that there is no airbag ? this makes me wonder how is it possible that the car doesn't equip with airbag or the whole airbag system melt funtion because it was tear up apart ? i can't say that accident is real or fake but there is something about it that doesn't sound right.

sykikchimp
03-22-2004, 08:38 AM
looks real too me..

car was obviously going faster than the speedo read (which is in KPH btw.. portugal) b/c the car spun around and hit from the passenger side.

Car hit a small embankment before the tree. Had to be in the air. All peices ripped and ejected to their respective locations.. through the air..

side impact wouldn't set off front air bags.. and I don't believe it had side airbags..

blood doesn't have to be strewn everywhere.. especially if the bodies where ejected. Dried crusty blood spills would be very hard to see on the ground, and likely they wouldn't be far from the white sheet covered bodies.

Fluids dry, and evaporate. Dusty, pine needle covered dirt can absord a lot.

And there is dirt, but sparce.. look at the wheels and tires, and remember that the car was likely traveling through the air..

And as for the tree.. A tree that size has many thousands of pounds of pressure, and is also very dense.. could definately take a hit like that.

This whole thing came from a portugese news site where they say there was a man driving, and a woman passenger that died.

Not a fake. But a serious tragedy. RIP. An excellent reminder that we should be much more careful on the street.

matic 240sx
03-22-2004, 10:23 AM
looks real too me..

car was obviously going faster than the speedo read (which is in KPH btw.. portugal) b/c the car spun around and hit from the passenger side.

Car hit a small embankment before the tree. Had to be in the air. All peices ripped and ejected to their respective locations.. through the air..

side impact wouldn't set off front air bags.. and I don't believe it had side airbags..

blood doesn't have to be strewn everywhere.. especially if the bodies where ejected. Dried crusty blood spills would be very hard to see on the ground, and likely they wouldn't be far from the white sheet covered bodies.

Fluids dry, and evaporate. Dusty, pine needle covered dirt can absord a lot.

And there is dirt, but sparce.. look at the wheels and tires, and remember that the car was likely traveling through the air..

And as for the tree.. A tree that size has many thousands of pounds of pressure, and is also very dense.. could definately take a hit like that.

This whole thing came from a portugese news site where they say there was a man driving, and a woman passenger that died.

Not a fake. But a serious tragedy. RIP. An excellent reminder that we should be much more careful on the street.

yea im sure it was in the air.. and from the audi site its on.. i THINK he lived.. someone said something about him being thrown from the car.. i was wondering because there is sheets but no blood.. i would think the interior would be covered if he was inside that whole time.. :barf:

SimpleS14
03-22-2004, 12:04 PM
I highly doubt anyone could survive that crash. It's truely a sad accident to see. RIP

yup it is true that you should always wear seatbelt, but that kind of accident, seatbelt wont do any good... also has any one notice that there is no airbag ? this makes me wonder how is it possible that the car doesn't equip with airbag or the whole airbag system melt funtion because it was tear up apart ? i can't say that accident is real or fake but there is something about it that doesn't sound right.

I believe the airbag system does not engage unless the seltbeats are being used.

ONYX S-13
03-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Damn...Must have been flying down that road to cut the damn car in half..Looks like the airbags didn't work (At least on the driver side)...Not like it would have helped anyway..None the less crazy crash.

AKADriver
03-22-2004, 03:56 PM
Haha look at the tach, its a diesel. I didnt know those things could go fast enough to do that kind of damage.

Turbodiesel tech is awesome now! The current A3 can be equipped with a TDI producing 140hp and 240lb-ft.

ONYX S-13
03-22-2004, 04:41 PM
wOW....That thing is a torque monster...Looks like that was a hatch model too(the lighter models).I wonder how quick those things are.