PDA

View Full Version : Mechwarrior Online Thread!

EDacIouSX
11-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Anyone playing this game? It just went open beta and is free to play. I've been a pretty big fan since mechwarrior 2 came out back when I was like 9 or whatever in 95. It would be cool to group up with some other zilvian's and own some noobs or get owned by pros haha.

In case you guys don't know what I'm talking about, its a free to play computer game based on the battle tech universe. Here's an open beta trailer:

RXhWRdnc2RI

zo0d
11-14-2012, 06:47 PM
I've been itchin' for a Mech game since Mechassault, lol.

Looks pretty cool, i'm downloading now, but I prob. won't have time to play till this weekend.

HyperTek
11-14-2012, 10:30 PM
I tried it but was mad choppy on my laptop.. Think i gotta do some tweaking

yokotas13
11-14-2012, 11:04 PM
no mac no care

TheWolf
11-15-2012, 04:48 PM
played it in closed beta... it's another "free" game where you can spend real money to play with "virtual" toys. I was really excited when I got in the beta. Uninstalled it like 10 minutes later. All the cool weapons and mechs were buy.. Surprise people with $200 in mechs were vastly superior than everyone playing on the "free".

I could understand this business model but in beta, it just seemed like they were making money on an unfinished product. Not really able to test things without spending your own money so meh. Graphics look great, not many missions, no real "story". I'm sure people will get into it but unless you're a mech junky looking to replace your WOW account then pass.

EDacIouSX
11-15-2012, 04:54 PM
played it in closed beta... it's another "free" game where you can spend real money to play with "virtual" toys. I was really excited when I got in the beta. Uninstalled it like 10 minutes later. All the cool weapons and mechs were buy.. Surprise people with $200 in mechs were vastly superior than everyone playing on the "free".

I could understand this business model but in beta, it just seemed like they were making money on an unfinished product. Not really able to test things without spending your own money so meh. Graphics look great, not many missions, no real "story". I'm sure people will get into it but unless you're a mech junky looking to replace your WOW account then pass.

what? Closed beta? In closed I had tons of money. maybe you got into it very late. Yea, I did kind of notice that money is a pretty big issue, I don't think they give enough money to players yet but it still is a "beta"

wangan_cruiser
11-15-2012, 05:04 PM
Gonna check it out when i get home. Link pls?

EDacIouSX
11-15-2012, 10:00 PM
MWO: Index (http://www.mwomercs.com)

EDacIouSX
11-16-2012, 08:20 AM
Anyone get this yet? Anyone down to play with me?

RastaS14
11-16-2012, 09:41 PM
i may just try it out

BOROSUN
11-16-2012, 10:47 PM
you guys should be playing planetside 2.

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/485746-planetside-2-a.html

EDacIouSX
11-19-2012, 03:14 AM
you guys should be playing planetside 2.

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/485746-planetside-2-a.html

i probably will but.... mechwarrior/battletech has a rich history. over 10 video games and over 100 novels. plus the pen and paper games. 25+ years of history...