PDA

View Full Version : Got into an accident today need advice

beems240sx
11-07-2012, 09:14 AM
thanks for the advice!

VROOOM
11-07-2012, 09:19 AM
so you were driving too fast, hit a car and gave him the wrong insurance info? and your calling him shiesty?

beems240sx
11-07-2012, 09:20 AM
point taken!

jesse_s13
11-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Get a lawyer. His air ride is messed up because he has over 150,xxx miles.

beems240sx
11-07-2012, 09:26 AM
and again awesome!

RiversideS13
11-07-2012, 10:53 AM
He and his cousins (like a lot of them) will start looking for you on the streets. honestly, it was your fault because you hit his tail due to follow too close.

shiftdrift
11-07-2012, 11:07 AM
doesn't really matter if it was his fault, i believe it's against the law to have tinted tail lights, especially that dark.

hobbs
11-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Doesn't matter, within the state of IL if you rear end someone you're automatically at fault, no if's and's or but's. With that said he does have your info and can still go to the cops and file a report.

HyperTek
11-07-2012, 11:20 AM
gay ass tinted tail lights barely look like they are on. I don't know why people find those soo cool.
The grey color probably blends in with the overcast sky .

You admitted to going a little bit fast for the situation and still rear ended him.

iRONDONkey
11-07-2012, 11:23 AM
no police report, no care. he won't be able to prove anything.

chances are he'll try to just find you and your car out on the street and serve some street justice.

stay safe OP

beems240sx
11-07-2012, 11:54 AM
woooohooooo!

Sleepiedaze
11-07-2012, 12:15 PM
so your mad becuase you rear ended someone for driving to closely...... yeah i totally see your point he is in the wrong.

beems240sx
11-07-2012, 12:19 PM
yuuuuuuuuuuuuss awesome

Sleepiedaze
11-07-2012, 12:43 PM
no i am mad becasue he was being an idiot saying his car is all fucked up and its ONLY my fault. his car is fine. needs a buff and his stupid tinted tail lights was the main reason. you cant tell when he hits the brakes... and for no reason. should just get evo brembos..

i predict the following is going to happen:
1. he starts to complain about back and neck problems.
2. he lawyers up and lawyer tracks you down.
3. lawyer tears you a new asshole for giving false insurance information.
4. mexican dude wins case even though his car has illegal tint on tail lights. gets new air bags and the virgin mary air brushed on his car.
5. you learn to do everything by the book from now on.

beems240sx
11-07-2012, 12:51 PM
zilvia is an awesome site!

KendallH
11-07-2012, 12:54 PM
You're complaining about him having tinted tail lights yet you have HIDs in halogen housings and stickers on your windshield?

beems240sx
11-07-2012, 12:58 PM
^ lol not even close to the same. And he has hids too. And the sticker is on the passanger side.... Hahaha wow

Goofs
11-07-2012, 04:17 PM
4. mexican dude wins case even though his car has illegal tint on tail lights. gets new air bags and the virgin mary air brushed on his car.

El oh El .

sw20>>s14
11-07-2012, 06:07 PM
You rear ended someone, doesn't matter what the eff else happened. You're basically making the argument that because he had tinted tails, you still proceeded to slam into his car because you had no "indication" that he was slowing down or stopped. When driving do you only go by some lights that illuminate to tell you when to slow down and not the 4000 lb car getting bigger and bigger?

Hope you have a good insurance company that will get your back because the balls in his court, cubby.

Bobafreak
11-07-2012, 06:08 PM
so you were driving too fast, hit a car and gave him the wrong insurance info? and your calling him shiesty?

RIGHT! lol i was thinking the same shit. POINT BLANK PERIOD you hit HIM! If anything theyll say you should have been a safe stopping distance to avoid this accident. So lets see driving with no insurance, giving him expired policy's and you want zilvia h parker to bail you out of a jam....? ...... wow where do we go from here...... this is all shiesty...

Corbic
11-07-2012, 07:31 PM
no i am mad becasue he was being an idiot saying his car is all fucked up and its ONLY my fault. his car is fine. needs a buff and his stupid tinted tail lights was the main reason. you cant tell when he hits the brakes... and for no reason. should just get evo brembos..

If the position was reversed you'd be pissed off too. Just because you don't like his car doesn't mean he doesn't love it to death and is pissed you nicked it.

The lesson is slow the fuck down and keep proper distance.

Corbic
11-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Ill keep in mind for worse case scenario. Chances are this guy probably doesn't have a license if you ask me.

If that was the case, he would not have stopped.

:down:

sil80owner
11-07-2012, 09:00 PM
this kid is a dumbass thats all...i hope he finds you

TougeLove
11-07-2012, 09:01 PM
your headlights are worse than his tail lights. You are not in the clear. Don't even pretend you are to make yourself feel better. $20 and he could easily find out who you are from one of his "friends".

why is this not on the mitsubishi forums? I didn't know people still drive eclipses......

Corbic
11-08-2012, 04:51 AM
this kid is a dumbass thats all...i hope he finds you

To bad the op blocked out the guys plate. We could have found him and forwarded this thread to him.

240pimp
11-08-2012, 06:46 AM
The way the cops look at it, you rear ended somebody. Doesn't matter how f-d up his car is before you hit him, tinted taillights, etc. It is your responsibility to follow at a safe distance. Even if he slammed his brakes on without warning, on a street, the blame is still on you.

The finger is pointing at you, unfortunately. I'm assuming he has your address from the licence you showed him.

Somebody hit me in a drive thru last year, and begged not to call the cops. Made a payment plan with me (for $380, lol) and skipped out on the last payment($100). I got fcuked over, but what am i going to do about it. Its too much hassle to go after them for the balance. Phoned them once or twice, and thats it. I don't know if this is helpful to you for what to do. If you do make a payment plan, really drag it out, make smaller payments than agreed upon. There's nothing they can do about it. Cry poor, you need more time, no money etc., only answer his calls occasionally, he'll get tired and frustrated of phoning you eventually and give up.

PS- get him to take it to 3 legit shops to get the damage estimated. That way he can't just take it to a buddy, and put together a bogus estimate. I doubt he knows 3 separate shops in the auto body business.
That will also eliminate the "my air ride is broken because of you" thing. Any respectable body shop won't go along with that BS. YOu want to make it difficult for him while appearing ready to resolve this. If he wont go to three shops, then agree on a neutral shop at least so he cant just take it to a buddy. Even if he does take it to a buddy, say thats too expensive and say to him, "take it to xyz shop" and get an estimate from there too. As long as you are going through the motions, and appear ready to pay, you have a leg to stand on. You don't want to get the cops or insurance involved if at all possible. He's got something to lose too, since his insurance company will know the air ride thing is him trying to scam you. They will insist he take it to one of their legit shops for estimate.

Good luck

Corbic
11-08-2012, 07:35 AM
The way the cops look at it, you rear ended somebody. Doesn't matter how f-d up his car is before you hit him, tinted taillights, etc. It is your responsibility to follow at a safe distance. Even if he slammed his brakes on without warning, on a street, the blame is still on you.

The finger is pointing at you, unfortunately. I'm assuming he has your address from the licence you showed him.

Somebody hit me in a drive thru last year, and begged not to call the cops. Made a payment plan with me (for $380, lol) and skipped out on the last payment($100). I got fcuked over, but what am i going to do about it. Its too much hassle to go after them for the balance. Phoned them once or twice, and thats it. I don't know if this is helpful to you for what to do. If you do make a payment plan, really drag it out, make smaller payments than agreed upon. There's nothing they can do about it. Cry poor, you need more time, no money etc., only answer his calls occasionally, he'll get tired and frustrated of phoning you eventually and give up.

PS- get him to take it to 3 legit shops to get the damage estimated. That way he can't just take it to a buddy, and put together a bogus estimate. I doubt he knows 3 separate shops in the auto body business.
That will also eliminate the "my air ride is broken because of you" thing. Any respectable body shop won't go along with that BS. YOu want to make it difficult for him while appearing ready to resolve this. If he wont go to three shops, then agree on a neutral shop at least so he cant just take it to a buddy. Even if he does take it to a buddy, say thats too expensive and say to him, "take it to xyz shop" and get an estimate from there too. As long as you are going through the motions, and appear ready to pay, you have a leg to stand on. You don't want to get the cops or insurance involved if at all possible. He's got something to lose too, since his insurance company will know the air ride thing is him trying to scam you.

Good luck

And this is why I always call the cops.

They will determine who is at fault and put everything on record. I passed an idiot one time who then turned into me... It was "legally" my fault... However the other driver being abusive trailer trash picked a shouting match with the cops and was then asked to do a FST. Guess what, while she was not over the legal limit....she also was still under the legal age. Zero Tolerance FTW. Fuzz wrote that shit up as her fault - cause - DUI.

All over a scratch...

OP is clearly at fault. It could have been a completely icy out, raining buckets and you had 300 ft in between you too and been driving at 15mph in a 55 zone.

You hit him, you are at fault. It's your responsibility to maintain a safe distance. No brake lights? Still your problem. Do you think jaywalking pedestrians come with brake lights and flashers?

240pimp
11-08-2012, 08:32 AM
When I think about it, the bitch who hit me was pretty decent, and she was desperate for me not to call the cops. Should've sealed the deal with a nice bj, that way I wouldn't feel as bad that she fcuked me out of $100.

to the OP,......might be time to strap on the happy knees and seal that deal,

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k bro, just JERKIN your chain.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OKOK, no more jokes, best of luck bro.

beems240sx
11-08-2012, 09:02 AM
And this is why I always call the cops.

They will determine who is at fault and put everything on record. I passed an idiot one time who then turned into me... It was "legally" my fault... However the other driver being abusive trailer trash picked a shouting match with the cops and was then asked to do a FST. Guess what, while she was not over the legal limit....she also was still under the legal age. Zero Tolerance FTW. Fuzz wrote that shit up as her fault - cause - DUI.

All over a scratch...

OP is clearly at fault. It could have been a completely icy out, raining buckets and you had 300 ft in between you too and been driving at 15mph in a 55 zone.

You hit him, you are at fault. It's your responsibility to maintain a safe distance. No brake lights? Still your problem. Do you think jaywalking pedestrians come with brake lights and flashers?

thanks for the advice!

innovation
11-08-2012, 10:04 AM
God I wish I worked in chicago so I could arrest your racist ass. 21 and dumb. You need to grow up kid

beems240sx
11-08-2012, 10:47 AM
advice taken!

Corbic
11-08-2012, 10:56 AM
and i do take FULL responsibility. i know i fucked up. shit happens. the real reason i was upset was because he was trying to BS his air ride. i have seen these cars when its broken and the car is 3 feet lifted up.. i just cant stand people that do this. first question i asked the guy was "are you okay?" his response "what the fuck man" he had scratches on his bumper that could be buffed out.

Step out of your own little ignorant world.

If you had rear ended my car I would be getting out going "you stupid mother fucker, what the fuck!!". And no, I would not be cool with "it'll buff out" as your response either.

If your so worried about him screwing you over with the air-ride... you should have CALLED THE FUCKING COPS.

I have no idea about Illinois, but any accident over $500 in Indiana requires a police report. If he is claiming $5000 in damages - the cops should have been there, and they can document the damage, hand out tickets and address fault.

If you where truly honest about the S14 you would have only taken the $50 you needed to fix the door since that was the only damages you incurred.

Welcome to fucking America. You got hit and said :bigok: fuck yeah pay day. Now you hit someone else and he goes :bigok: fuck yeah pay day... and now you are butt hurt... :picardfp:

Corbic
11-08-2012, 10:59 AM
excuse me? arrest me for what? you were not there and are completley ignorant to the whole situation. i kept my racist comments to myself and this site. thanks for your concern however!

As I stated, if the Damages are over $500 you failed to file a police reports (its your responsibility since you are at fault). You also provided false documentation and it sounds like you have expired insurance.

If the Fuzz really wants to fuck with you, they can also say you where at fault because of reckless driving.

:w00t:

Chuki_KA24e
11-08-2012, 11:39 AM
excuse me? arrest me for what? you were not there and are completley ignorant to the whole situation. i kept my racist comments to myself and this site. thanks for your concern however!

Hahaha you just don't have a clue do you? You had better hope to fuck the guy you hit doesn't find this thread and lawyer up. You do realize you admitted to being at fault, and being shady as fuck on a public forum right?

Honestly, the officer that said he wished could arrest you, could just as easily make a few phone calls to Chicago PD and alert them of your shadyness in an anonymous tip off. If the guy you hit finds this thread your fucked, end of story. Next time man up to your mistake and don't try to weasel your way out of shit.

Also, comments like "I kept my racist comments to myself and this site", don't make you look like any less of an ignorant and racist dickhead...

Daniel.
11-08-2012, 02:34 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29877716.jpg

Bobafreak
11-08-2012, 05:04 PM
^^^ lol...
I see the O.P. gets no love on zallviiaaaa....