PDA

View Full Version : IL WTS/WTT: Risky Devil Drift MKIII - 1JZ w/ blitz twin turbo kit

tErbo b00st
11-01-2012, 03:33 PM
-What is your First & Last name?: Leigh Roto
-What is your email?: [email protected]
-What is your phone number?: PM me for my number
-What is your City? : Lake Zurich
-What is your State? : IL
-What is your Zipcode? : 60047

See the car's build thread here: Risky Devil JZA70 (http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?535530-Risky-Devil-JZA70/page29)
Skip to the end to see the most current pictures (car has changed a lot since that thread was started)

I am contemplating selling or trading my car. I have owned this car for the past 7 years. I purchased it mostly stock with a 1J freshly swapped in, and swapped in a rebuilt motor 3 years ago. I LOVE this car. I am very hesitant to get rid of it, but am also really wanting to build a 240sx hatch. If I can get the right asking price, or a trade for a S13 240sx hatch (hatch only) I would consider parting with it.

The car is driven very hard on and off the track, and thus is rough around the edges cosmetically. However, mechanically the car is extremely strong. I have always driven the car to and from the track and it has always gotten me home (testimate to it's reliability). I would not hesitate to drive this thing cross country.

I have used only the highest quality parts on this vehicle. I do my best to not use crap parts and have always paid up for exactly what I want. Basically it has a SUPER rare blitz twin turbo kit capable of 700+ whp. I added new 540cc Sard Injectors when I installed the kit. It has a gen 1 S-AFC that was tuned by myself. I have beat the piss out of it on and off the track the past season and it hasn't had any reliability issues at all. Based on my injector sizing, tune, butt dyno, highway pulls against other friends, and the little information I can find on the kit, it should be putting out around 400-450 whp @ 17psi (I'm confident in this number, but have not actually taken it to the dyno)

Do not purchase this car expecting a clean show car, cosmetically it is rough. Do purchase this vehicle expecting something that can rip around the race track or street, and looks cool in pictures. If someone spent the time to clean up the interior and exterior this thing would be REALLY cool.

GO TO THE END FOR PRICE/TRADE

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8029/8034731330_6c55ff78c0_b.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wLF7jb8ymZM/UGBpWOEbnlI/AAAAAAAAGac/w5phDLc9Xfc/s616/IMG_20120923_061125.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-slorLpDI7SE/T5XpYzzZdkI/AAAAAAAAB-I/PAC-RH-kmhQ/s759/IMAG0044.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-KPVS8rZ1x8k/T5XpQgDxtAI/AAAAAAAAB94/2XfePDgcBno/s759/IMAG0042.jpg

Onto the mod list:

Engine/Drivetrain:
Rebuilt 1JZ-GTE w/ about 10k miles (this is a really rough estimate, the odometer has never worked since I purchased the car)
-Ported and polished head with machined USDM 2J cams
-ARP head and main studs
-ARP rod bolts
-New Toyota upper and lower 2J oil pans, windage tray, and pickup
-New Toyota 2J water pump assembly
-New Toyota Head gasket
-Calico coated ACL rod, main, and thrust bearings
-New NPR rings
-Factory pistons were cleaned and reused
-Cylinders were touch honed
-Cleaned and polished crank
-Factory oil pump was disassembled and cleaned
Blitz K26 Twin Turbo kit w/ custom Touge Factory hot pipe
Sard 540cc injectors
FMIC w/ custom piping (I forgot what brand FMIC it is, but it is not a crap "ebay brand")
E-motor 240sx Radiator
IACV Delete
ACT 6 Puck clutch and pressure plate (replaced the disc I put this motor in 3 years ago)
Aluminum Driveshaft
R154 w/ C's Short Shifter
Kaaz 2-way Differential
4.3 Final drive

Suspensin/Chassis
6 Point welded in cage w/ door bars (built to SCCA regulations)
Custom valved Koni shocks w/ Sprint springs - tuned by Tim Johnshroud (Wisass) from Theory in Practice Engineering (this is a $3k+ setup, rides and handles incredible, perfect for the street and track)
Battle Version rear traction link
Battle Version rear Toe link
Beech Performance rear Camber arm
New Front Left & right wheel bearings (OEM Koyo) - replaced 1 month ago
New Front Left & right Inner & Outer Tie rods (Moog) - replaced 1 month ago
New Front Left and right Lower ball joint (Moog) - replaced 1 month ago
Removed rear sway bar (still have it)
TIP Front steering spacers
Random front strut tower bar will be included with sale
Front bolt-on 25mm spacers
Rear bolt-on 10mm spacers

Electronics
engine harness removed and rewired by myself (deleted what I could, and tucked wiring)
Gen I Apexi S-AFC
Defi BF Boost & water temp
Defi Control Unit II
Autometer EL Glow oil pressure
JVC head unit w/ upgraded speakers (forgot the brand but they are only alright)
Innovative MTX Wideband
Autometer Monster Tach

Exterior
Freshly Painted about 2 years ago Nissan Galaxy Black
Full Shine Auto Ab-Flug Aero
-Front is pretty beaten up
-sides are in really good shape
-rears are in one piece but have a bunch of scratches and crap
Shine Auto Air Guide
326 Power Replica wing - was in really good shape until I recently cracked it from being an idiot (I can take pictures for a serious buyer)

Advan RGII 17x9 +22 w/ 215/45/17 Advan AD07
Advan RGII 18x10 +15 w/ 235/40/18 Kenda Kaiser

Interior
Sparco Evo Driver seat
G-Force Cam lock 5 pt harness
Nardi Suede Steering wheel
NKB Quick release w/ Grant hub
Custom Blue Faux Suede on door inserts
BLACK DYED INTERIOR PANELS - They are all dyed and look OEM w/ the exception of the some of the hard plastic pieces chipping and showing the red underneath (vents, etc), most of the chipping is minor and not very noticeable.

PRICE AND TRADE INFORMATION
SALE - I am asking $14,000 firm. That being said I am in no rush and have no real desire to sell this thing. If I can't get enough to build the 240sx I have in mind then I won't sell it and I will continue to make it more awesomer.

I would actually prefer to sell this chassis without the motor (engine/trans/ecu/wiring/turbos/, and will put that at $9,000. I'm very firm on this price.

I will also entertain selling without the wheels, sparco seat, and steering wheel...subtract $1500 without that stuff.

Trade - I will trade this for a S13 hatch or S14. Must be in fairly decent condition. Ideally, I would trade my car without the engine for a stockish S13 + about $7,000.

Trinidrift3
11-01-2012, 03:45 PM
sickass jza70. my buddy has been thinking of trying to find a shell and 1jz swap it. but we have no idea how the swap is done so we're hesitant. bump for you

jdo180
11-01-2012, 08:27 PM
bump ..for something different

Naytag629
11-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Holy titty fucking bump, that's a nice mk3

REVGASM
11-02-2012, 12:43 AM
honestly, the most reliable fucken drift car i've ever seen.

He even drove it from Sanfran to Long beach, then to ASB....

xxCro55f1r3xx
11-02-2012, 12:49 AM
Why is everyone getting rid of there ride :( Bump for a "Uber" clean ride and hope it goes to someone who can keep it clean too

mowgli 240sx
11-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Why is everyone getting rid of there ride :( Bump for a "Uber" clean ride and hope it goes to someone who can keep it clean too

close to the end of the year, so new year new start maybe....

bump for a sick mk

Mofuhcka
11-02-2012, 09:46 AM
This is a seriously underrated car

tErbo b00st
11-03-2012, 01:16 PM
This is a seriously underrated car

I've never understood why they don't have a larger following. It's a blast to cruise, grip, or drift. A bit on the heavy side, but that hasn't negatively effected me too much.

ksingh2463
11-03-2012, 01:42 PM
very nice lookin mk3... glws!

gearhead55
11-03-2012, 02:59 PM
I know you said hatch, but would you consider a trade for my RB25 two tone s13? I love it but i want something non-two tone and i would feel bad painting it a non-oem color.

here is the link:
http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/485052-rb-powered-s13-two-tone-rpf1s-apexi-coils-power-fc-300zx-brakes-etc.html

tErbo b00st
11-04-2012, 07:13 PM
I know you said hatch, but would you consider a trade for my RB25 two tone s13? I love it but i want something non-two tone and i would feel bad painting it a non-oem color.

here is the link:
http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/485052-rb-powered-s13-two-tone-rpf1s-apexi-coils-power-fc-300zx-brakes-etc.html

Yea I'm not really looking for a coupe but that is a real nice car...I'm going to think about it

tErbo b00st
11-07-2012, 02:01 PM
Time for dat bump bump

iknowaghost
11-07-2012, 03:12 PM
how much are you looking to get for that seat?

5spd-SC300
11-07-2012, 06:26 PM
This car is pure dope status. Not only it's it a fantastic drift car, but I heard, not sure if it's true, that he beat a F430 on the highway not long ago. Can someone verify?

imnatelol
11-07-2012, 07:08 PM
This car is pure dope status. Not only it's it a fantastic drift car, but I heard, not sure if it's true, that he beat a F430 on the highway not long ago. Can someone verify?

That was F&F

trust hks
11-07-2012, 09:14 PM
He did. Verified.

Edgar
11-07-2012, 09:21 PM
ive seen this car plus jz's fix themselves

rx8guy
11-07-2012, 09:21 PM
I really like this car, probably the coolest MKIII I've seen, but that cage in the picture is definitely not SCCA legal.

5spd-SC300
11-07-2012, 09:32 PM
That was F&F

In F&F was an MK4 vs F355.

This was real life, and an MK3 vs F430.

Either way, this car is all around the shit.

tErbo b00st
11-08-2012, 11:45 AM
how much are you looking to get for that seat?

not parting the car out

ive seen this car plus jz's fix themselves

JZ's pretty much never have problems, and when they do i wiggle some wires or eat a burrito and the problem goes away

I really like this car, probably the coolest MKIII I've seen, but that cage in the picture is definitely not SCCA legal.

yes it is. what's not legal about it smart guy?

In F&F was an MK4 vs F355.

This was real life, and an MK3 vs F430.

Either way, this car is all around the shit.

It was a F360...so not quiet as cool as a 430. Either way, the driver was super pissed that the slut in the passenger seat w/ him was more excited about my car.

rx8guy
11-08-2012, 12:28 PM
yes it is. what's not legal about it smart guy?

SCCA rule book:

http://cms.scca.com/documents/2011%20Tech/2011%20GCR-printed%20version.pdf

Look at the rule book, I believe around page 100 or so. You have way too many bends in the front hoop.

Here is the picture you provided:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-slorLpDI7SE/T5XpYzzZdkI/AAAAAAAAB-I/PAC-RH-kmhQ/s759/IMAG0044.jpg

Plus, your door bars are not legal either. This cage won't pass at most DE's either.

tErbo b00st
11-08-2012, 01:49 PM
SCCA rule book:

http://cms.scca.com/documents/2011%20Tech/2011%20GCR-printed%20version.pdf

Look at the rule book, I believe around page 100 or so. You have way too many bends in the front hoop.

Here is the picture you provided:

Plus, your door bars are not legal either. This cage won't pass at most DE's either.

I don't see the verbage in there at all regulating the number of bends. However, when this cage was made (09ish) the rule book called out a maximum of 3 bends on the a-pillar bars. Because I'm using a halo style top section, there are 3 bends in each down bar as shown.

It does look like the current rule book requires 2 door bars per door. I swear when this cage was made that was not a requirement as long as the full OEM door structure was present (although I could be incorrect on that). However, this door bar should pass any type of drift event inspection.

trust hks
11-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Shut Up Leigh!!!!!

J/K