PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Sandy

KoukiFc90
10-31-2012, 09:02 PM
I hope everyone is safe out there. To those who have family in the East, I hope they're ok.

punxva
10-31-2012, 09:21 PM
..... you know sandy was on the east coast.... so i'd assume that between Texas and California was fine.

KoukiFc90
11-01-2012, 06:38 AM
I know, just wondering if maybe the everyone else is picking up the slack due to the weather.

enkei2k
11-01-2012, 08:13 AM
As long as you paid the $0.70 or whatever to get delivery confirmation, you should be fine.

Here I thought we were talking about people that were actually affected by it too.

qwikspool
11-01-2012, 04:25 PM
...out in the coast of far rockaway queens. Standing by for Humanitarian duty.
oooorrraaahhh

KoukiFc90
11-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Sometimes i wish i could do stuff like that. Besides going to Iraq and Afghanistan...

leung
11-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Here I thought we were talking about people that were actually affected by it too.

Smh, This. Sucks having no power for a whole week, and now theres no gas anywhere. And if there is lines are like 2 and a half hours long. But of course theres other people that have it way worse...

One_love_silvia
11-01-2012, 08:36 PM
i hear people getting packages on time is more important that what's going on over on the east coast...

smfh.

here i was hoping for an actual thread with pics and whatnot like the japan tsunami/earthquake a year and a half ago.

enkei2k
11-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Yep. I'm surviving on quarter tank, thankfully not my DD. My brother had to siphon gas from his garage queen to use on his work vehicle and my entire Facebook is my friends/relatives asking 'Where can I get gas?'

..lower Manhattan still doesn't have electricity and taking the crippled public transit is wack. It's really scary walking around a city that's become pitch black after work hours.

Jersey has it a lot worse, definitely agreed, but we still got it bad. To add to the OP, I have a UPS package that is stuck in Jersey and won't be delivered until further notice. I was hoping to get it for this weekend, but that seems impossible now.

KoukiFc90
11-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Ok, I appreciate the responses. Got the problem resolved. On another note, I can see how my thread title is misleading with the situation on the East coast. So I apologize to anyone and everyone i offended, if anyone. I will edit my op. I still hope people are ok over there. I didn't mean to sound careless.

qwikspool
11-02-2012, 04:47 AM
i have been out at sea with my command for two weeks. My wife and daughter back in VA are safe and my parents in NY are ok but still going through the motion in the city. We was out 900 nm east of atlantic and we was hitting 30 to 40 ft swells.
Ship was rocking pretty good for 3-4 days.
I looked outside when we hit the storm, the view looked liked the one from the "deadliest catch"

Highway Riding
11-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Still no power since sunday! But still managing

Kaomon
11-02-2012, 09:17 PM
some pics of the Jersey shore before and after; it's pretty crazy! All the places I remember when I was young is mostly all gone :( Though my parents being from Taiwan, they said it was nothing in comparison to when they had hurricane season back in their home country, but from someone who's not prone to this type of mother nature seems unreal!

Interactive slideshow: Before, after on Jersey shore - Weather | NBC News (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49646622/ns/weather/)

stiizy
11-07-2012, 02:41 PM
I live in Hoboken, it was one of the hardest hit areas in jersey. 4-8 feet of water. i just got power back two days ago and was stranded in the house for 3 days due to flooding.

Mofuhcka
11-07-2012, 06:58 PM
You guys stay safe out there. Lucky for California we dont get shit. But everyone was hyping it up be a bitch ass storm, and it got hellllllla bad. I almost thought some of the pics were fake!

AdrianDimas
11-20-2012, 04:08 PM
Prayers go out to families affected.