PDA

View Full Version : Raceland coilover thoughts

hastin09
10-31-2012, 11:29 AM
Been in the market for a suspension set up. The cheapest coils for the S13 chasis were still around 900 bones so I have been pretty much set on just dishing it out for a pair of stance coils. Talked to a few of my buddies that have been running a newer company called raceland on there dailies. I dont know their history but they sound interesting on their info page here The Raceland Difference (http://www.racelandus.com/raceland-difference) and they come with a 2 year warranty. I have only rode in a mazdaspeed 3 with them and they rode suprisingly well for what they were, no bouncy ride, pretty comfortable for the street, and went as lower than he needed. No experience on reliability yet because he has only had them for a few months. I checked there page awhile back but they never offered coilovers for 240sx's. Was checking around for newer coils today and stumbled upon their new release. http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/nissan-coilovers/nissan-240sx-s13-coilovers.html For only 470$ i think i may take a chance to test them out and review them. Always a believer in you get what you pay so I know I am not getting any crazy awesome suspension set up. For the time being what I am in the market for is just a decent street able suspension that will get low and handle above oem.

Driftpretty
10-31-2012, 11:41 AM
my ex girlfriend had them on her mk2, they sucked. their only good for going low. my brother had them on his miata, all types of throw up bouncy.

My brother has them on his e36 their pretty good. and my ex girl has them on her e36 and they where pretty okay.\

dont put them on your 240. you will hate your life..unless you wanna buy racelands and put some sick squares on your car.

Sileighty_85
10-31-2012, 12:46 PM
hey look another one of these threads about cheap ass coilovers that has been covered 500 times that ppl keep making cuz they are too lazy to search...

if you say that $450 coilovers are nice then you clearly have never driven on a set of Quality coilovers.

hastin09
10-31-2012, 03:02 PM
They have many mixed reviews for different chassis, and they just came out for s13's.

beems240sx
10-31-2012, 03:33 PM
i have the raceland ultimos on my e36. its ok for just driving around, go stupid low. when i tried taking a corner or drifting with them..... yeah never again. they are good for like a show car or something. just buy used megans if you want to be cheap. check classfields

turbob16ef
11-08-2012, 04:36 PM
had them on my mk4 jetta that was just my daily, so wasnt to concerned. And at 300 shipped you cant complain. lol. they def go lower than needed. and id rather them be stiff, especially being slammed.

for what they are you cant complain, but there is a huge difference in quality. Def dont ride anywhere as good as my flta2 coils on my s14.

jcanady
11-08-2012, 09:53 PM
I have them on my four door E36. I bought the Ultimo's with custom spring rates. I would never buy the basic Racelands due to the valving in the actual strut. I am extremely happy with them to be honest. They are only slightly bouncy but the rebound it pretty good. The biggest thing is they are MADE IN THE USA!! When you call customer service you will be greeted by someone who speaks English as a first language which is certainly a first! If you have any problem with them they will send you a new set "no questions asked." They do go extremely low (to the extent of scraping frame if you so choose.) The only thing I wish they did differently is to add dampening adjustments. Other than that buy them and let us know how you like them!!!

P.s. I have Megan Streets on my S13 and I like them pretty well too with the 32 way adjustability but they are almost twice the price.

purplove
11-10-2012, 11:59 AM
I just put a set of these on my na miata along with the complete poly bushing kit. The ride is much stiffer than OEM and feels pretty well for $379. The springs are pretty soft so I would suggest them for a daily. I'm really not sure if I would like them on a s chassis. But hey, try them out and tell us what you think!

Akito86
11-14-2012, 10:22 PM
For MX5 i don't recommend them. GL