PDA

View Full Version : ticket advise

1nst1nct
03-16-2004, 08:39 AM
i live right by dallas texas, and on my way home from huston yesterday i got clocked doing 96 in a 60... well this was in a diff county then the one i live in, and i usually dont really drive there, do you think i should just 4get about the ticket, and let them issue a warrant for my arrest since i dont really go there neway, or is there anything else i can do, cuz well that ticket would be huge :hammer:

plan b
03-16-2004, 02:46 PM
i live right by dallas texas, and on my way home from huston yesterday i got clocked doing 96 in a 60... well this was in a diff county then the one i live in, and i usually dont really drive there, do you think i should just 4get about the ticket, and let them issue a warrant for my arrest since i dont really go there neway, or is there anything else i can do, cuz well that ticket would be huge :hammer:

lol? issue a warrant for your arrest? doesnt work like that in florida... ive ignored like 6 speeding tickets already, nothing happened, all they did was send me notices in the mail, and when i finally got around to paying it i did..

my best advice is just take the class, or maybe take it to court, say you had some reason to get back to your county. depending upon the road, 96 is really that unreasonable for most judges, a lot that ive come across think that the speed limit is too slow in a lot of highway areas. but thats just the ones i have come across, they all tell me the same thing, write the governer a letter.

nokeone
03-16-2004, 02:55 PM
i dunno what the laws are in Texas but here in Cali regardless of where in the state you are it's all the same...it's all the California DMV...if you ignore a ticket you will lose your license and will go to jail if caught once a bench warrant is issued for your arrest...doesn't seem worth it to me..

Phlip
03-17-2004, 11:11 AM
Same here in NC... Ignore a ticket, they send you notice, then they suspend your license and issue a bench warrant for the failure to appear and if you get caught driving, they take you in... Also, if you get a ticket for more than 15 MPH over the speed limit you can lose your license as well for some period of time. Personally, I would question people I know who is a good lawyer, give him a couple hundred (if even that much) and have the ticket reduced to some bullshit that carries no weight, like improper equipment, pay the court costs and keep your license.

VEX240
03-17-2004, 11:14 AM
Do something dont just let it go you will regret it. Im revoked until sept 2007 but im eligable for an occupation this september WOOOHOOO!

Ghettokracker71
03-17-2004, 12:15 PM
Same here in NC... Ignore a ticket, they send you notice, then they suspend your license and issue a bench warrant for the failure to appear and if you get caught driving, they take you in... Also, if you get a ticket for more than 15 MPH over the speed limit you can lose your license as well for some period of time. Personally, I would question people I know who is a good lawyer, give him a couple hundred (if even that much) and have the ticket reduced to some bullshit that carries no weight, like improper equipment, pay the court costs and keep your license.
Yeah....agreed..

yougod10
03-18-2004, 12:57 PM
Just sell me your car before you go to jail.

FastBack 240
03-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Just push the ticket off until you can. When I get speeding tickets I just postpone and postpone until I get enough money aquired from under the sofa to pay for it. Usually works like a charm. In other cases such as tints, they are illegal for total tint in front so I got pulled over and was told to remove and show them my car. I took a pic of another 240 w/o tints and showed them the pic. They then asked where my car was and said it was in the shop.