PDA

View Full Version : B+M Customer service -comments

thx247
03-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Who else has called B+M and talked to customer service about their shifter? I was under the impression that they gave everyone a hard time but my experince with them was very agreeable. I called to replace the shift boot and plastic bushing on my shifter. No sooner than I had finished stating my problems and he was asking for my address to send the hardware out. I almost thought he was joking it happened so quickly.

This wasn't what I was expecting after reading about B+M on the forum...so who else has called them and dealt with customer service before?

old_s13
03-15-2004, 06:01 PM
the rep i spoke with last time was a fucking moron.. but who cares, thats just one person.. i dont let one person represent the entire company. they make good products, we're not talking about APC or anything.

so anyway, what the hell are they sending you anyway?

- mike

thx247
03-15-2004, 06:16 PM
Intelligence of the rep aside, I'm more focused on the policy of the company which allowed the rep to send the parts so quickly.

I need the plastic bushing at the bottom of the shifter, and a new rubber sleeve for the top of the shifter, mine has a hole which leaks tranny fluid now. I'll probably rotate the sleeve around this time around so that it does not wear so quickly in one place.

old_s13
03-16-2004, 12:34 AM
the lower sleeve for the rubber shift boot is garbage, throw it away unless you enjoy hearing rattle noises at higher rpms. my lower boot never tore, but hey I guess I have more things to worry about whenever that does happen.. ha.

B&M makes some good quality products, too bad they need a bit of modification before they are PERFECT.

- mike