PDA

View Full Version : Beat V8's

darithS
03-15-2004, 11:37 AM
Anyone have stories of beating some big V8's?

plan b
03-15-2004, 11:54 AM
91 red 240 back in tampa, by the name of trogdor... with Secret Services

i used to run with a group named badrap-- bay area drag racing and performance..

anyways there was this 240 meet in tampa, and one of the guys in a viper talked shit, they set up a race

needless to say the viper got trashed bad.. by that red 240. its a pretty nice ride too, blacktop sr, around 539 rwhp i think

www.secretservices.net i think, when i get home ill post the real site if that isnt it

gsracer
03-15-2004, 01:41 PM
beat a 02 camaro ss auto 3 times , from a stand still, from a roll of 30 and from a roll of 50, he had intake headers and flomasters, when we got back from the last run i was feelign pretty cocky and asked him if hed like to go from a roll of 100 mph, (j/k ofcourse ) he was pretty angry, got a 96 s14 with s13 sr 14 psi and some bolt ons . it was funny lol got plenty of witnesses too.

Banana Drifter
03-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Beat a 5 slow Crapstang with a 90 BMW 325i with intake and exhaust!

nightwalker
03-15-2004, 01:59 PM
use to ride with my friend (built b18b, crower rods, JE pistons, sleeved block, T04E turbo, spearco, blah, blah blah) in his 96 integra. Every weekend was V8 huntin time. Modesto has a lot of V8 idiots. His car has not been beat yet (running 15 psi). Just love the look on their faces when they hear the turbo spool (external dump) After that, it's all over.

LonePhantom
03-15-2004, 06:27 PM
I drive a pretty much stock S14 200SX (AUS SPEC) with a high flowed T28 and have only been beaten by one V8. Most of the V8s that race me are Holden Commodores (They have GEN 2 LS1s or what ever those chevy motors are) ranging from 225-250kw. Gotta love beating old heavy pushrod v8s with turbo 4 power!

Ghettokracker71
03-15-2004, 06:31 PM
use to ride with my friend (built b18b, crower rods, JE pistons, sleeved block, T04E turbo, spearco, blah, blah blah) in his 96 integra. Every weekend was V8 huntin time. Modesto has a lot of V8 idiots. His car has not been beat yet (running 15 psi). Just love the look on their faces when they hear the turbo spool (external dump) After that, it's all over.
holy shit....now THATS a nice honda/acura :hyper:

great stories....keep them coming!

I don't have any from my S13....well...because I'd get my ass kicked by them.hah hah!:)

I don't hate on V-8s(for the most part),but these stories are cool.

nightwalker
03-15-2004, 11:33 PM
the best kill my buddy ever had (my kills are boring, cause I haven't street raced/drag in years) was against two Pontian GrandPrixs. They rolled by him laughing at his car (this integra is basically a stock white car with GS-R wheels, only lowered, and not sporting the nicest 3 inch exhaust either. But external dump makes it loud. No stickers, or wacky shit, just a plain jane.) Well the two cars stop with him at a light and are mocking him.(Both cars also had "Powered by wHAt?" stickers...H, and A being Acura, and Honda emblems. My other friend starts talking shit to them, and they start acting like assholes back. BOOM the light turns green, everyone takes off. These are the supercharged models, so they think they're hot shit. First gear, my buddy sandbags a little, second gear, the passenger in the left car starts waving bye. A second later, they're not pulling. My friend looks over and flips them off before letting hell break loose. He pulls aways hard. They stop again at a light, and my other friend in the passenger seat is yelling out the window "Powered by what?" "Powered by what?" Those guys won't even roll up beside him.
A couple years ago, a kid who had just bought a Supra (actually his parents bought it for him) starts talking a gang of shit about my friends and I (our Crew). We see him at a Starbucks chillin with his crew. My friend with the Turbo CRX walks up to him and tells him to meet us at a certain street to race cause he claims he smoked us already. He doesn't say shit. We see him at the street races a couple weeks later. My friend walks up and starts talkin shit to him and calls him out (he's got a shiny front mount now, and a blingin exhaust) He says "no", something about his clutch. Everybody watched as my friend called him a poser, and to stop talking shit unless he's ready to back himself up. He doesn't say shit, and neither does his homies. Funnier than shit. Even worse, one of my good friends ends up dating his hot ass sister! hahahaha! Don't fuck with the simple and clean Hondas, they be the real killers.

The ROMAN
03-16-2004, 12:08 AM
I have plenty of stories of me beating cars with MY V8 94 Firebird that I used to have. One civic though, took em off the line, then I guess his turbo spooled or whatever. Phoooossssss! I was like, "you gotta be F~~kin kiddin me!?!?!" Hehe fun times.

Jeff240sx
03-16-2004, 09:36 AM
V8? A 240sx with a good driver can beat a Mustang GT easily. My friend with auto and nitrous can beat a Z28. In my KA-T, I've not met a stock-ish V8 that could hang with me. I've been spanked by some S/C mustangs though :(, and a Corvette with bolt-ons. But then again, I don't really race V8s. I hunt the imports.
-Jeff

QMDrifterRPS13
03-16-2004, 10:33 AM
Hmmmm Stories, i have quite a few, I live in socal (909) area and my friend used to have a black 93 240 [it rests in peace now] built by Jspec.com i think it used to have a HKS GT2385 (i dont know if i got the #s right) turbo, running ~16 psi ~360-390 HP to the wheels, Blitz LM FMIC, HKS SSQV BOV, HKS boost controler, C:Z's short shifter, Cusco LSD, Blitz Powerd ID meter to keep track of speeds above 100mph, and an Avant Garde battle exhaust, there was more, but couldnt remember, but anyways, i rememeber the days over the summer when we just went out on hunts down the 91, 57, 55, and 60 freeways. there was a chase if you could call it that on the 91 freeway, our black 240 chasing our friends black Supra TT (had ~ 500 hp upgraded turbo FMIC DP exhaust etc) anyways, we entered the 91 west from the 71 south, supra went first, it pulled away, we darted through traffic to catch it and then we did at about 75 mph we got it then he ran from us again, there was a 3-4mile staright of the freeway, Wide open throttle, 4th , then 5th needle stuck, Blitz ID reading 120.....125....135....140....caught him 150 almost maxed out, then we pulled over at frys to let the cars cool off, shit was fun trying to catch the supra, 240 felt like it was flying...another story was against an SVT cobra (old one) 55 freeway south roll from 40, he pulls hah 1/2 a car only, then we just dump on him, he got owned by approximately 10 cars doing 120......another is an NSX 57 north, rolled from 60, i guess hes pretty light, he stayed with us till 80+ mph, we heard his VTEC working all hard "bwaaahhhhhhhhhh" hahahha, then we pulled from there till 130, then exited, 0wned hands down.......he crashed the car later into a semi.....long story after that....but it was fun while it lasted.

-Enjoy

gsracer
03-16-2004, 11:41 AM
me nad my sr got beat by a lexus gs 430 with a 125 shot of nitrous running 12.90's. it was my first loss, i did beat a 03 posrche 911 carrera all the way up to 115 mph (speedlimiter) by about a car length, its not a v8 but it cost about 90 grand to get spanked by a 4 banger lol

nokeone
03-16-2004, 01:58 PM

dude...your sig...please fix the size...

nightwalker
03-16-2004, 02:02 PM
hahahaha, his Sig was freakin HUGE!!!! hahahaha, I first thought it was part of his post!

ProjectSlideways
03-29-2004, 10:06 PM
I beat a v8 cougar xr-7 with exhaust.

I ran a 16.044 and he ran a 16.174... talk about close.

kandyflip445
03-30-2004, 05:41 AM
That is one slow ass v-8 lol.

crioten
03-30-2004, 11:09 AM
um, my dad beat the shit out of a persuit camaro in his supercharged bmw z3 (it has about 400+rwhp)...it stoped chasing us when we were at 180ish mph :)

beat that story...and did i mention it was a cop? lol, true street racers actually race to get away from something

darithS
03-30-2004, 11:41 AM
My sister's bf beat a v8 firebird on the freeway with a g35, I have no idea how, I think the firebird got slowed down by a truck, fuckin trucks, they scare me :(

Another night we beat a supercharged v8 mustank by like 2 cars, he drove his 350z this time, that shit was too crazy

-both g35 and 350z are stock :ughd: