PDA

View Full Version : too bad civics dont have onstar....

justinhustle
03-15-2004, 09:07 AM
http://www.sublimedirectory.com/pod_archive/pod_20040313.jpg

SimpleS14
03-15-2004, 09:15 AM
http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/greddy2.gif

s14xman
03-15-2004, 09:16 AM
LOL funny pic!! But i guess it should apply to ugly ass cars not just civics because some civics are hotness!!

justinhustle
03-15-2004, 09:34 AM
true, it was general to them

honda owners are like tampons, every pussy has one

s14xman
03-15-2004, 09:37 AM
I happen to like hondas!!! some really clean/fast cars are built by some owners you have to appreciate that!!

STOP HATIN' ON HONDA OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

fliprayzin240sx
03-15-2004, 10:23 AM
I happen to like hondas!!! some really clean/fast cars are built by some owners you have to appreciate that!!

STOP HATIN' ON HONDA OWNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh STFU X...your just wishing you had a 92 civic hatch DX auto rite now.

WilloW
03-15-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm think the Honda guys might say the same about 240s.

s14xman
03-15-2004, 11:37 AM
Oh STFU X...your just wishing you had a 92 civic hatch DX auto rite now.

HAHAHA ur crazy man!!

SimpleS14
03-15-2004, 12:27 PM
true, it was general to them

honda owners are like tampons, every pussy has one

LOL

note: I like the S2000 and NSX :yum:

hondaguy
03-15-2004, 01:13 PM
so are you sayin that civics should pull over and burn im lost here lol

oojpeeoo
03-15-2004, 02:15 PM
wutz wrong with a civic? hondas are the OG's of importcars

Ghettokracker71
03-15-2004, 03:45 PM
I'm think the Honda guys might say the same about 240s.
Why? Because 240's are faster,cooler and better stock,and more aftermarket potential?....Jealousy I geuss...

BTW I do like hondas!(some,very few,and far between)

nokeone
03-15-2004, 04:09 PM
Why? Because 240's are faster,cooler and better stock,and more aftermarket potential?....Jealousy I geuss...

faster stock?..SI?..Type R?..GSR?..S2000?..NSX?..mmmhmmm...you'll be smokin those cars with your stock KA...

cooler?..matter of opinion..so it's worthless as an arguing point...

better?..in what ways?..on whose scale?...fact or opinon?..if fact..elaborate..

more aftermarket potential?..doubtful..if anything they are rather equal in aftermarket support, availability, and potential...just about anything you can get for one you can get for the other...with enough money anything is possible with either...

think people...then post...it's a simple 2 step process...

toreno
03-15-2004, 04:32 PM

BTW I do like hondas!(some,very few,and far between)

I dont think you know what you are talking about......

SimpleS14
03-15-2004, 04:43 PM
My 95 SE ownz a 89 Civic DX!!!!1 :p

Ghettokracker71
03-15-2004, 05:41 PM
I dont think you know what you are talking about......
NO?

SR20DET or RB25DET VS. B18C5 ? Enough said.

Tein,JIC Magic,and etc. are definitely better than companies like DC Sports and DNX performance.

Cooler is definitely a matter of opinion. But in my area,there is NO other modded 240's I've seen running around....I can't go somewhere without seeing a modded honda,therefore,rare car is cooler! Somethings not cool if you can't go somewhere without seeing 20 of them running around all in your face.

Faster? My DOHC S13 with an auto trans BTW has definitely owned its share of coffee-canned civics with SI's badges,and "Type R" badges....Lets talk JDM to JDM....at least if you are talking stock car against stock car.(hmm...SR20 vs. B18 ??)

STOCK:
Civic=econobox.

240sx=economy sports car.

Wich is better? 100% econo box,or econo sports car?

FR or FF?

And don't bring up NSX,this thread was started talking about a civic....and I'm sure a MINE's(or whoever) skyline would kill a Spoon(or Mugen,or whoeverthefuck you want) NSX....

EDIT:Yes,the S200 is cool,but a Z33 owns it(not really same class,but if you must compare...)

So,how do I not know what I'm talking about except maybe the jealousy thing b/c most honda guys I've met think that honda is the best company,and their specific honda is the best one ever....but alot more of them are getting alot more jealous of the 240sx b/c of the new drift craze(or fad,or movement,or whatever term you wish to call it,I don't care.)

:fawk: :mrmeph:

Ghettokracker71
03-15-2004, 06:02 PM
Look at your car,
enough said.
Was my car what the disagreement was about? Nope.

As the guys on this forum tell people all the time,its whether or not YOU like it. Besides...

Ghettokracker=poor boy.(funny,you say look at my car....I get complements on it all the time,from vette owners like the guy I bought it from,from hot-rodders who don't know what it is,and just think it looks/sounds cool,and from 'ricers'...etc..)

Note:You couldn't disagree with the fact that 240sx owns civic,modded or stock.

I didn't buy the 240 to be a street racer,or a show car anyway....as in,to impress people(you) or to show people up(hondaboys)....I bought it as a car that I wouldn't care what other people think,just to enjoy,and put some money into.

EDIT:as I stated earlier....I like some hondas. I would drive an ITR or even a Teg GSR....hell,proble a base model 'teg,....I would drive a "sleeper" civic. I know the potential they have first hand(black w/gray primer hood,with B18,not sure if its C1 or C5,but it did have a skunk2 intake mani,DC sports header,replaced cams but I didn't recognize the brand,and nitrous) but you cannot disagree that the nissan 240sx has alot higher potential. CA18DET,SR20DET,RB20DET are alot better choices then the B16C1,the B18C1,the B18C5 and the H22A(yes,its doable into a civic....). Plus FR is alot better then FF in general. I like FF,its easy to drive,and has nice things about it.....but there is a reason why the best performance cars using 2WD systems are RWD (ferrari ENZO,porsche GT2,Bugatti Veyron 16.4.....hell....supra,viper,'vette and even the HONDA nsx?)

Chernobyl
03-15-2004, 06:19 PM
I will bet you that if you put a 98 240sx SE up against a 99 civic SI, the civic will match if not beat the 240's performance. So stop with the Honda bashing already. Jeezus.

SimpleS14
03-15-2004, 06:25 PM
I will bet you that if you put a 98 240sx SE up against a 99 civic SI, the civic will match if not beat the 240's performance. So stop with the Honda bashing already. Jeezus.

How about handling? j/w

justinhustle
03-15-2004, 07:40 PM
ya know, i think people here just wanna argue, out of boredum

its pretty common knowledge, a civic was never intended to be a performance vehicle and most of the owners are idiots

whereas atleast our cars are a little sporty designed, and were all still idiots :)

toreno
03-15-2004, 08:15 PM
This post is gettin useless....... Cars are just Cars... takes you from point A to point B.

No Motiv
03-16-2004, 07:09 AM
hahaha ^ yes

Red
03-16-2004, 08:23 AM
Its not the brand thats for sure... I like the NSX... and a few others.

I dislike all Civix and tegs and all those other "rice" cars...

And its not the car's, its the kids who drive them... Most are punks who need a good ass kicking becuse they are retarted... There ideas are retarted... All kids are retarted...

It is also true that every kid has one... almost every one is moded... And they all want to race... Its kinda anoying. I hate punks like that.

I like the 240... Its rare... I like that... other then that... Its a shitbox too.

Johny5
03-16-2004, 10:05 AM
hate the g3 tegs if you're gonna hate tegs. g2's can just be so much cleaner and who can hate oldschool? thats probably the only honda i'd take. and so you honda haters don't fckin argue with me, i'm not saying its any better, i just appreciate the looks and SOME of the suspension qualities of them.

TRUENOCOUPE
03-16-2004, 10:17 AM
NO?

SR20DET or RB25DET VS. B18C5 ? Enough said.

Tein,JIC Magic,and etc. are definitely better than companies like DC Sports and DNX performance.

Cooler is definitely a matter of opinion. But in my area,there is NO other modded 240's I've seen running around....I can't go somewhere without seeing a modded honda,therefore,rare car is cooler! Somethings not cool if you can't go somewhere without seeing 20 of them running around all in your face.

Faster? My DOHC S13 with an auto trans BTW has definitely owned its share of coffee-canned civics with SI's badges,and "Type R" badges....Lets talk JDM to JDM....at least if you are talking stock car against stock car.(hmm...SR20 vs. B18 ??)

STOCK:
Civic=econobox.

240sx=economy sports car.

Wich is better? 100% econo box,or econo sports car?

FR or FF?

And don't bring up NSX,this thread was started talking about a civic....and I'm sure a MINE's(or whoever) skyline would kill a Spoon(or Mugen,or whoeverthefuck you want) NSX....

EDIT:Yes,the S200 is cool,but a Z33 owns it(not really same class,but if you must compare...)

So,how do I not know what I'm talking about except maybe the jealousy thing b/c most honda guys I've met think that honda is the best company,and their specific honda is the best one ever....but alot more of them are getting alot more jealous of the 240sx b/c of the new drift craze(or fad,or movement,or whatever term you wish to call it,I don't care.)

:fawk: :mrmeph:

This guy is a FUCKING oxymoron. ^^^

Im not even going to sit here and explain it to you cause its obviously have no idea what you talking about.

For god fucking sake, You are comparing the B18C5 to RB and SR. The Tein and JIC. Do you think JIC and Tein do not make any suspensions for Civics? *shakeshead furiously*.

nokeone
03-16-2004, 10:53 AM
:werd: Al...thank you for saving me the time...couldn't have said it better...:bow:

Ghettokracker71
03-16-2004, 12:03 PM
The thing was whether or not one could build a civic better than a 240sx,right?

Therefore we must compare the swappable engines,their potential,their advantages and disadvantages. We must compare the aftermarket parts available for each car,I was not aware that companies like JIC and Tein made products for the Honda Civic. Therefore I take back that argument. However,the S-Chassis is alot more rigid stock,compared to the stock honda civic chassis,and has alot more suspension componets to make it alot more rigid,modified to modified. The RB,and SR engines are STREETABLE engine swaps into the S-chassis car. The B series engines are streetable swaps into the Honda Civic,therefore they are compared b/c those are the available engines (if you're gonna swap) that would be compared.H22A is not a streetable swap into a honda civic,my cousin goes to UTI in houston,and they did that swap,the car won't take turns above 20MPH because the engine weights so much more then the chassis was designed to handle.Therefore how am I an oxymoron? I am comparing the available parts for each car as fairly as possible. It is an unfair comparison for obvious reasons(FR VS. FF,etc).

If you are going to compare a car,you have to legitimately,therefore allowing me to compare the SR and RB engine to the B series engines;As well as allowing me to compare JIC Magic and Tein to DC Sports and etc.,once again,sorry for the mix up about JIC and TEIN....

EDIT:To do a true "shoot-out" competition,I feel it would only be fair to allow the honda to have some form of forced induction seeing as both the SR and RB are turbocharged engines.

TRUENOCOUPE
03-16-2004, 12:11 PM
http://www.und.edu/dept/ULC/banghead.JPG
http://www.pinegrovebiblechurch.org/images/banghead.gif
http://www.macaddict.com/phpbb2/images/smiles/banghead.gif
http://palmia.org/assets/images/banghead.gif

edit>> The RB,and SR engines are STREETABLE engine swaps into the S-chassis car. The B series engines are streetable swaps into the Honda Civic,therefore they are compared b/c those are the available engines (if you're gonna swap) that would be compared.H22A is not a streetable swap into a honda civic,my cousin goes to UTI in houston,and they did that swap,the car won't take turns above 20MPH because the engine weights so much more then the chassis was designed to handle.Therefore how am I an oxymoron?

God... Please... Please... make it stop...

Im done.

FRpilot
03-16-2004, 12:35 PM
This guy is a FUCKING oxymoron. ^^^

Im not even going to sit here and explain it to you cause its obviously have no idea what you talking about.

For god fucking sake, You are comparing the B18C5 to RB and SR. The Tein and JIC. Do you think JIC and Tein do not make any suspensions for Civics? *shakeshead furiously*.

:werd:

this guy is comparing jic and tein to dc sports and skunk2. why not compare jdm manufacturers to jdm manufacturers. jun and toda have largee support for civics and integras in japan. probably even more than some sr20 parts. tein and jic make suspension systems for civics too. im sure if you comparee usdm companies for 240s and usdm companies for hondas you'd pick skunk2 over what littlee support the 240s have in the us. (unorthadox racing? fidanza? they only make flywheels and clutches for 240s and injen makes intakes for kas)

a car is a car and it depends on how much you spend on it. i love dc2s and ctrs. if i was to get a honda that was affordable it would be a dc2 with jdm front end. good gas mileagee, awesome at the corners, and na power.

you talk about rbs like they just bolt on. theres a lot of custom work required. SEARCH. if it wasn't for companies like mckinney motorsports making drop in kits that cost 1500-2000 jsut for the parts to make them fit then the RB would just be a dream engine into a 240. of course anyone would take a turbo 6 over an na 4. but stock for stock i would take a 280ps na 6 from the nsx over a 280ps turbo 6. to make almost 300hp na is such a feat. plus the sound of na is sweet. im not giong to say nas are more reliable because reliability depends on tuning. but with an na car the response is instant compared to the response of a turbo car w/ lag.

man i can't believe i wasted time typing this shit. :duh: GO BUY a BestMotoring video and you'll see how hondas are tuned in japan.

nokeone
03-16-2004, 12:50 PM
The thing was whether or not one could build a civic better than a 240sx,

engines,their potential,their advantages and disadvantages. We must compare the aftermarket parts available for each car, :blah: :blah: :blah: I . However,more suspension componets to make it alot more rigid,modified to modified. The RB,and SR engines are STREETABLE engine swaps into the S-chassis car. :blah: :blah: :blah: The B series engines are a streetable swap into a honda civic,my cousin goes to UTI in :blah: :blah: :blah: houston,and they did that swap,the car won't take turns above 20MPH because the engine weights so much more then the chassisobvious reasons(FR VS. FF,etc).

If you are going to compare a car,you have to legitimately,therefore allowing me to compare the SR and RB :blah: :blah: :blah: engine to the B series engines;As well form of forced induction seeing as both the SR and RB are turbocharged engines.

i don't think you have any clue what you are talking about...you are so misinformed your arguments are horribly weak...you heard such and such from so and so and now you think you know something...guess what...you don't know shit...back up your statements...please!..

you are just making blanket assumptions about the different cars...and you keep mentioning the exact same brands...even after you were told to compare JDM to JDM manufacturers...there are more companies then just DCsports who make parts for civics...lol...

i prefer the 240 as well...no question as i've owned a built up civic...but c'mon..be informed if you are gonna start bashing something else...

that's all i would like from anyone on these boards...think, research, inform yourself, and then make statements that are more then opinion and heresay...

SimpleS14
03-16-2004, 09:36 PM
wow....this thread is full of some lengthy posts. All I can say is...everyone is entitled to his/her own opinions...there are some exceptions if your in the military.

SilviaDriver
03-16-2004, 09:42 PM
this will shut everybody mouth who hates on honda and their potential

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid107/p6ab7d3649fbf8bbfc7ccba1376381ba8/f951d28d.jpg

that car will say bye bye to SRs..and has a potential to say Hello to an RB..with the stock swap

if most people already think B18Cs in EG hatches were crazy enough or B20Vtec..heres one for size

K20 EG civic Hatch

K20 Type S engine

my friend has a EG civic with B18C and he beats SRs stock all day long

240s are NOT GODS CAR!

and if they got those K20s in an EG hatch..u know they have it possible for every other car now..its been in DCs for a while now too

streets means NOTHING...go by numbers

please dont ever compare a RB vs a B18 ever again..that was not very smart..different class cars

Yes,the S200 is cool,but a Z33 owns it(not really same class,but if you must compare...)

not in the same class..but the S2000 can probably outhandle the Z33..only problem is the power difference

I know the potential they have first hand(black w/gray primer hood,with B18,not sure if its C1 or C5,but it did have a skunk2 intake mani,DC sports header,replaced cams but I didn't recognize the brand,and nitrous)

how can u not know if its a C1 or C5???? look on the block tag! also wat does black w/gray primer have to do anything with having experience with honda first hand?? haha silly boy

and hondas dont have much aftermarket support? last time i checked there were a lot more faster hondas on the street/track than 240s

nightwalker
03-16-2004, 11:53 PM
hahaha, this shit is funny. I have friends who are running low low times in their Hondas. Just one of them will hand 99% of the SR powered cars on this board his ass in a drag race. I haven't seen many SRs post super low times (enough to rival the pro drag racers) But that's drag racing. 240s are for a totally different type of driving.

Hondas have been the popular car to hate now because of the new generation of idiots who tried to emulate what the original guys did back then. But beware, because there are some really really fast street Hondas that will quickly put a cocky SR owner in his place.

Don't forget that the CRX will also own most of you in a auto-x or touge.

toreno
03-17-2004, 01:15 AM
yup... even Civic Hatches with H22s can hit in the 14s...

s14xman
03-17-2004, 01:25 AM
What do you guys think was the cause of the fire to that Aztec? look like it was started in the rear. HAHAHA

DRFT
03-17-2004, 01:31 AM
who cares that car is ugly as hell, like my sig

toreno
03-17-2004, 01:32 AM
What do you guys think was the cause of the fire to that Aztec? look like it was started in the rear. HAHAHA

some fat kid prolly farted by the exhaust.... Fart and fumes dont go together....

sideviewcivic
03-17-2004, 02:20 AM
im curious as to what ghettotracker stated in his comments "However,the S-Chassis is alot more rigid stock,compared to the stock honda civic chassis,and has alot more suspension componets to make it alot more rigid,modified to modified" i have yet to see a glue'd chassis that was more rigid than a welded chassis. Civic suspension has less pieces which eases in ability to modify. Also when have you seen 14Kg and higher on S-chassis that didnt require major work(as any car would need extensive work to run that) Tein among other coilover companies offer very high spring rates for civics. Not bashing S-chassis tho, i have own'd both. Just a note KA isnt that fast. i used to beat them in my SOHC vtec motor, on basic mods.

anotherblusi
03-17-2004, 02:31 AM
my cat's breath smells like cat food...

TodaGuy
05-19-2004, 09:39 AM
yup... even Civic Hatches with H22s can hit in the 14s...

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=686872 ...14s eh?

DRFT
05-19-2004, 11:17 AM
shut up this post is old news

nokeone
05-19-2004, 12:20 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=686872 ...14s eh?

stupid noob....

G_Fish240
05-19-2004, 12:59 PM
I like some Hondas, like the s2000, too small for me though

ICKY
05-19-2004, 02:55 PM
LOL, some newbie trying to get some posts. PosT WhoRe! not to mention... newbie.

toreno
05-19-2004, 03:16 PM
too many assclowns on this forum lately

sykikchimp
05-19-2004, 03:47 PM
HONDA SUX CAUSE I SAY SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now :bowdown: to NISSAN

toreno
05-19-2004, 04:09 PM

I prove my case.

Ghettokracker71
05-19-2004, 04:30 PM

I coulda said it better myself ! :rawk:

sykikchimp
05-20-2004, 08:21 AM
I prove my case.

lol.. I think you proved your own point..

btw - I didn't actually read any of the thread after people started whining about the honda bashing.

:ughug:

S14Speed997
05-20-2004, 08:36 AM
too bad civics dont have detonation switches....

Kreator
05-20-2004, 08:48 AM
btw - I didn't actually read any of the thread after people started whining about the honda bashing.

heh, so did i

but since we resurrected the thread, i say we keep at it :-p

1. Honda sux

2. VTEC was created as an economical feature, not as high rpm race mod. Whoever decided that it was, was either a performance company owner or a crackhead.

3. We already have cars that go fast in the straight line and can't turn. They are called 'domestics'.

4. FF has never been and will never be a race platform. The whole "Honda Challenge" and similar honda only events were only invented to make those cars competitive at least somewhere.

5. The 2004 honda civic si puts down the same skidpad numbers for $19K as ford escort gt did for $12K 13 years ago. Runs slower too.

6. The only 2 cars i'd ever consider worthy of a race car are the NSX and the ITR. Both however are outhandled by cheaper cars in the same class.

7. Honda's are overpriced and overrated, ppl buying them are fairly dumb, ppl modifying them for 'performance' are prolly even dumber.

Not all of this is true, but hey, some exageration always needed :) And btw, all this is being said from a point of a person who's not biased due to the 240sx factor.

edit:

Honda CRX SI
Price: $2500 average for a pre 90 model with ~150K miles
Skidpad: 0.81g
Slalom: 59.84mph
0-60: 8.5s

Ford Escort GT (aka Mazda Protege)
Price: $1000 average for a 91-94 model with ~150K miles
Skidpad: 0.82g
Slalom: 61.9mph
0-60: 8.0s

ICKY
05-20-2004, 01:27 PM
The thing is, I dont think Honda's suck. Its just the people who "modify" them are retards. Lights, rims, bodykits, and mufflers dont make a car go any faster.