PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man 3

4DOOR_LIFE
10-23-2012, 10:23 PM
5EjG-1U3wqA

Discuss.

This trailer was just EPIC and perfect imo. I love how dark and dramatic it seems.

I never read the comics, but my buddy told me that was "The Mandarin" who they showed half way through the trailer?

datpurpledrank
10-23-2012, 10:36 PM
is this after avengers?

big white
10-24-2012, 12:15 PM
looks like its going to be a pretty good movie. im definitely going to watch it

uraznfriend
10-24-2012, 12:28 PM
5EjG-1U3wqA

Discuss.

This trailer was just EPIC and perfect imo. I love how dark it is.

Kinda reminds me of the Dark Knight Rises trailer all dark and a sense of lost hope

nemesisdrift
10-24-2012, 12:35 PM
I can't wait for them to butt fuck a bunch of AC/DC songs into it.

d_nice
10-24-2012, 12:53 PM
cant wait for it to take my kid

K_style
10-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Oh yes ! something to look forward to now.

it's going to be longest 4.5 month ever !!

SimpleS14
10-24-2012, 02:16 PM
Whoa. I knew about some of the stuff to expect in the next film, but this trailer really puts it into better perspective. I can't wait to watch it and hopefully there will be an extra scene at the end that leads into Thor 2 or Captain America 2.

is this after avengers?

Yes.

Josh400
10-25-2012, 07:35 AM
I think this going to be the best one. The drama is going to be badass! I don't about you guys but the Avengers suck.

wonpoo
10-25-2012, 07:41 AM
Fucck the batman!!!!!!!!!!

mowgli 240sx
10-25-2012, 08:31 AM
the must see film of the year

tapdeznutz
10-25-2012, 01:56 PM
I think this going to be the best one. The drama is going to be badass! I don't about you guys but the Avengers suck.

SUCK!? its was pretty good. I mean i did expect a longer movie but it was good. Cant wait to take my kid to see part 3 either.

Josh400
10-26-2012, 02:15 AM
SUCK!? its was pretty good. I mean i did expect a longer movie but it was good. Cant wait to take my kid to see part 3 either.

It was to predictable and short. I got bored really quick. Or maybe I'm just getting old lol

jamg
10-26-2012, 02:21 AM
ok... so whose the bad guy?

iron patriot, whose that?

when some guy in the iron suit grabs his wife while they are in bed sleeping, i assume that's a dream?

beginning of trailer, i guess it's a fight scene where he's getting beat up?

LoneStarSilvia
10-26-2012, 04:08 AM
ok... so whose the bad guy?

iron patriot, whose that?

I heard of this crazy new contraption. I think it's called.............Google? Yea I think that's right Google. They've created this awesome new idea, a search bar! Who knew right?!

simmode1
10-26-2012, 09:08 AM
It was to predictable and short. I got bored really quick. Or maybe I'm just getting old lol
WTF were you expecting from a comic book action romp like the Avengers? At least it was a shitload better & had tons less plot holes than Dark Knight Rises.

tapdeznutz
10-26-2012, 10:28 AM

lol you must of also felt that Expendables 2 was crap too right, lol. Come on we are guys, we need stuff to get right to the point and entertain us for a bit, just saying.

murda-c
10-26-2012, 10:34 AM
I heard of this crazy new contraption. I think it's called.............Google? Yea I think that's right Google. They've created this awesome new idea, a search bar! Who knew right?!

So there's this thing called a discussion forum....

Daniel.
10-26-2012, 10:40 AM
lol you must of also felt that Expendables 2 was crap too right, lol. Come on we are guys, we need stuff to get right to the point and entertain us for a bit, just saying.

Me am man. Me like guns go boom boom.

*roll eyes*

I value movies like Inception way more than movies like The Avengers.

simmode1
10-26-2012, 10:44 AM
I value movies like Inception way more than movies like The Avengers.
Lol... Duh. How could you even attempt to compare these too movies? Completely unfair to both.

Thats like saying you like steak more than slurpees...

Josh400
10-26-2012, 11:39 AM

I haven't watch 1 or 2. But I probably wouldn't like it lol. I rather watch Defiance. (I know it's old)

Simmode1, Dark Night is way better! Avengers should of took some pointers from that movie

simmode1
10-26-2012, 02:24 PM
Simmode1, Dark Night is way better! Avengers should of took some pointers from that movie
True, Dark Knight was nearly perfect. But I said Dark Knight Rises. That movie sucked and reading comprehension ownz you.

Batman's identity deduced by a fucking kid with ZERO investigational skills?! Gordon surviving rattling around a truck trailer with a 2 ton nuclear bomb while the driver died? How the fuck did Bane not hear Catwoman drive up on a fucking motorcycle to blast him? Nevermind how Wayne got back to Gotham after escaping prison without his fortune and resources, why the fuck would he stop in the middle of a crisis to make a bigg fucking pyrotechnic Bat symbol? And since when does Batman ever outright lie to ppl? He knew that damn autopilot shit was working...

A Justice League movie has been announced to come out at the same time as the next Avengers movie. But they don't plan on doing solo features focusing on individual characters and build both anticipation/audience loyalty like Marvel did. I have nearly ZERO hope that DC/Warner Bros is gonna get that film right.

Corbic
10-28-2012, 08:46 PM
lol you must of also felt that Expendables 2 was crap too right, lol. Come on we are kids, we need stuff to get right to the point and entertain us for a bit, just saying.

Fixed that for you.

SimpleS14
03-05-2013, 11:18 AM
O.M.F.G.

New Iron Man 3 Trailer: So. Much. Badass. (http://gizmodo.com/5988658/heres-the-badass-trailer-for-iron-man-3)

K_style
03-05-2013, 11:29 AM
O.M.F.G.

New Iron Man 3 Trailer: So. Much. Badass. (http://gizmodo.com/5988658/heres-the-badass-trailer-for-iron-man-3)

The video doesn't work... :cry::cry::cry:

SimpleS14
03-21-2013, 10:54 AM
The video doesn't work... :cry::cry::cry:

_Z9EbU3APas

v8tUoZrdsts

CoreyCarruthers
03-21-2013, 11:39 AM
This is going to be the best one, 2 sucked balls

A DUDE
03-24-2013, 08:40 PM
can't wait

Daniel.
03-26-2013, 03:24 PM
Pepper Potts as Rescue!
VAs1g4Dk8XE

http://i.imgur.com/mimM2bU.jpg

simmode1
03-26-2013, 07:16 PM
^^^Logical decision after her scrapes with the Iron Monger and the Hammeroids. I'd do the same for my girl.

But I do wish I hadn't seen that. Pretty spoiler-ish.

SimpleS14
03-26-2013, 07:30 PM
But I do wish I hadn't seen that. Pretty spoiler-ish.

Agreed. Kinda ruined the element of surprise.

DenkiMan!
03-27-2013, 09:58 AM
well i mean the rumor was already out there that she would get her own suit, and you see here going through whats pretty much agreed upon as the extremis procedure in the first main trailer.

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/508ab560eab8ea2d7600002e-400-300/pepper-potts-gets-kidnapped.jpg

this was also in the main trailer, which we pretty much all know are extremis soldiers about to go through the process...

http://cdn1.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Iron-Man-3-Extremis-Soldiers-Screenshot.jpg

so you could piece that together. didnt really surprise me that much

EnemyS15
03-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Agreed. Kinda ruined the element of surprise.

I have started to not watch trailers for movies I REALLY want to watch.

Did it for The Avengers, the last Batman, Ironman 2. It sucks, turning away during the trailers for a year, but it was worth it.

K_style
04-26-2013, 01:50 PM
http://nimg.nate.com/orgImg/nn/2013/04/26/1366962506_835.jpg

So it already happened in Korea.. Dang !!!

exitspeed
04-26-2013, 01:55 PM
IGN's review said it's better than the original. Just sayin.

conrad_s13.5
04-29-2013, 09:17 PM
made more money then avengers already.....also,. just sayin

EnemyS15
05-03-2013, 05:19 PM
SO what did you all think ? I thought it was great! Only complaint I had was the direction they took Mandarin in.

Don't scroll down if you havent seen it yet.

Mandarin is supposed to be a bad ass. 10 rings, super smart, strong, fast, etc. Making him a drunk actor was kind of dumb.

Anyone catch any easter eggs? Did anyone catch the "ant man" costume during the switz flashback?

FRpilot
05-03-2013, 05:45 PM
dam i got to watch this tonight or sometime this weekend. then get ready for fnf 6 and hangover 3. this summer is going to have some great movies.

w0nderbr3ad
05-03-2013, 06:13 PM
The movie was awesome. I agree with what was said about the Mandarin. It kinda killed my expectations for him as a villain. Overall it was a good movie and now that Pepper has turned into a beast. I'm still going to buy it when it comes out on Blu-Ray.

xoxide
05-03-2013, 10:35 PM
Movie was pretty good. Definetly liked the second one better though.

enkei2k
05-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Maybe I was too into the IMAX 3D, but did Stan Lee make his usual cameo appearance in his movies? I don't recall seeing him.

PANGES
05-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I think I enjoyed the 2nd one more also. They tried to throw in some twists that I didn't find to be very good.

Slight spoilers below:

I kinda wish they used the old girlfriend to help Tony do the extremis thing on him so he can connect to the suit, etc etc. I thought that's why Tony was in surgery for in the trailer. Was also hoping Pepper was going to get her own suit. Also... hate what they ended up doing with Mandarin.

K_style
05-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Watched yesterday in 3D.

I liked it more than then 2nd one for sure. but I think 1st one was the best..

EnemyS15
05-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Maybe I was too into the IMAX 3D, but did Stan Lee make his usual cameo appearance in his movies? I don't recall seeing him.

Yeah. When Stark went to TN (I believe), he turned on the tv and there Lee cameo'd as one of the judges in the beauty pageant.

santasnowman
05-06-2013, 04:54 PM
This movie was pure shit. Fire people that explode when they over dose? WTF, they really set the bar low on this one... How did he not get his arms and legs ripped off flip flopping out of his suits and getting tossed through steel beams and all over concrete? I also want to know why they didn't die when Stark self destructed all of the suits (including the huge one holding up the oil rig scaffolding)?

fliprayzin240sx
05-06-2013, 05:01 PM
I was disappointed too. I wanted more Iron Man but they focused more on Tony Stark trying to do his thing without the suits. I dont like how this one flowed, need Jon Favreau to direct it again.

conrad_s13.5
05-07-2013, 03:28 PM
I dugg the hell out of it. I got my gripes about it,. but didnt change my overall opinion.

SPOILERS: Dude,.. Mandrin cracked my shit up. Kinda happy they took that route. We kinda figured with Green Lantern, a story around alien powered rings doesnt settle well for some reason. Plus they had more then enough explaining and building to do on top of everything that just happened in Avengers (PTSD, Selfless Stark, General reaction to battling with Gods and Aliens, and throwing bombs threw portals, etc).

Plenty of 'Ironman' still in the movie. One of my favorite things about the movie, is all the ways they have the suit interact and all the different ways they have him and other people jumping in and out of the suits.

SimpleS14
05-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Without spoiling it for me, would you guys consider this movie more 'darker' with a lot of hopelessness for Tony Stark?

lflkajfj12123
05-07-2013, 04:42 PM
^ no

yes he was the judge who said 10/10 for the beauty pageant

Pactin
05-07-2013, 06:11 PM
SPOILERS: Dude,.. Mandrin cracked my shit up. Kinda happy they took that route. We kinda figured with Green Lantern, a story around alien powered rings doesnt settle well for some reason.

Even if they didn't integrate the alien-power into the story, they really fubar'd the story with the Mandarin reveal. I actually liked the bin laden-esque warning videos as they added a sense of real impending terror. I'll admit I laughed at Trevor, but it was a cheap laugh.

On that note, does anyone else think the Mandarin's quote "You'll never see me comin'" fit ever so quaintly with the twist? Lol

tapdeznutz
05-07-2013, 06:35 PM
i would say that it made sense that they went that around with the Mandarin because it would have been too much to have to get into the background of the Mandarin etc.

Ahkaman
05-09-2013, 12:14 AM
I am waiting for this great movie. Its previous parts are really very awesome. Here i tell you one thing personal that i watched the movie avengers only because of the ironman and i think the main role is also of ironman.

240boi115
05-09-2013, 12:23 AM
for some reason i didnt like the ending.. i mean him losing his electromagnet in his chest and the whole him losing the suit ordeal kinda made the movie soft...it was a good movie and i just wish there was a bit more.. gah idk. ps dont read this if you havent seen the movie if you did im terribly sorry. lol

jamg
05-09-2013, 12:53 AM
spoilers-------------

Starks last line in that one scene where he's about to drive off in that audi and the kid was giving him the puppy face... that was fukin hilarious.

tapdeznutz
05-09-2013, 10:07 AM
for some reason i didnt like the ending.. i mean him losing his electromagnet in his chest and the whole him losing the suit ordeal kinda made the movie soft...it was a good movie and i just wish there was a bit more.. gah idk. ps dont read this if you havent seen the movie if you did im terribly sorry. lol

I am sure there will be lots of spin offs of Ironman with other heroes etc. I mean they have the "brand" now so they need to keep milking it. Cause, where are they going to go from there, Thor 2 looks weak, maybe an Avengers 2 is their next big movie at least thats all i can see happening in the short term.

redline racer510
05-09-2013, 10:45 AM
Watched yesterday in 3D.

I liked it more than then 2nd one for sure. but I think 1st one was the best..

I agree with you, the twists kind of killed it especially Mandarin. False advertising much?

Twinkies!
05-09-2013, 11:40 AM
i wish they would have shown all of the suits more, there were some badass suits that stark made that didnt really get glorified, and it would have been cool if the villian would have fought iron man with the iron patriot that would have been tight, all in all i thought it was pretty good

Om1kron
05-09-2013, 11:58 AM
I was disappointed too. I wanted more Iron Man but they focused more on Tony Stark trying to do his thing without the suits. I dont like how this one flowed, need Jon Favreau to direct it again.

I loved the movie, one it was and should be the final one of the franchise, with so many marvel movies coming up and out I think more iron man entries will only take away from the other franchises.

A lot of Adults and other iron man die hards hated how they handled character origins and such. While I think Killian shouldn't of used the "mandarin" moniker on himself after Ben Kingsley was exposed. I think that could've left the actual Mandarin himself to appear at a later date or movie.

And people didn't like the comedy, what they don't realize is we are adults, comics are purchased by kids, toys are purchased by kids, disney owns marvel now and they appeal to KIDS. This movie was easily accessible to create new fans of the iron man franchise and motion them to get into comics, watch the cartoons, purchase the toys.

They're smart, I appreciated that Tony Stark has to use his brains instead of brawn and finally fought an enemy that wasn't ANOTHER IRON MAN. But another person who used their brains, and on top of things they made his character current.

There are multiple marvel universes and there is no CONTINUITY at all in the comic books. So I am just chalking this experience and the use of characters up as a hollywood universe version of Iron Man.

Same way Game of Thrones isn't true to the book or True Blood, it doesn't ruin my experience one bit. I also think this was the best movie out of the franchise. Although I wish they would've just rolled with Terrence Howard throughout the whole deal or waited for Cheadle to jump on the first film instead of adding the black replacement actor to play Rhodes and then correcting that with the next two films.

That's all I really have to say about it.

tapdeznutz
05-09-2013, 12:15 PM
i wish they would have shown all of the suits more, there were some badass suits that stark made that didnt really get glorified, and it would have been cool if the villian would have fought iron man with the iron patriot that would have been tight, all in all i thought it was pretty good

oh yeah, i really liked the one that helped support the falling structure, Egor i think was his name, that one was BADASS!

tapdeznutz
05-09-2013, 12:19 PM
I loved the movie, one it was and should be the final one of the franchise, with so many marvel movies coming up and out I think more iron man entries will only take away from the other franchises.

A lot of Adults and other iron man die hards hated how they handled character origins and such. While I think Killian shouldn't of used the "mandarin" moniker on himself after Ben Kingsley was exposed. I think that could've left the actual Mandarin himself to appear at a later date or movie.

And people didn't like the comedy, what they don't realize is we are adults, comics are purchased by kids, toys are purchased by kids, disney owns marvel now and they appeal to KIDS. This movie was easily accessible to create new fans of the iron man franchise and motion them to get into comics, watch the cartoons, purchase the toys.

They're smart, I appreciated that Tony Stark has to use his brains instead of brawn and finally fought an enemy that wasn't ANOTHER IRON MAN. But another person who used their brains, and on top of things they made his character current.

There are multiple marvel universes and there is no CONTINUITY at all in the comic books. So I am just chalking this experience and the use of characters up as a hollywood universe version of Iron Man.

Same way Game of Thrones isn't true to the book or True Blood, it doesn't ruin my experience one bit. I also think this was the best movie out of the franchise. Although I wish they would've just rolled with Terrence Howard throughout the whole deal or waited for Cheadle to jump on the first film instead of adding the black replacement actor to play Rhodes and then correcting that with the next two films.

That's all I really have to say about it.

AGREE with you 100% on all points. I really like Howard over Cheadle, Howard comes off as more of a badass which i think would have fit better. I did like Cheadle in the Ocean Series :)