PDA

View Full Version : lets stop fast and furious 3!!!

HyperTek
03-12-2004, 04:14 PM
I say we make an online petition againts it. It just influances assclowns, look how much street racing has become a problem... people die. Also, it makes people put crap on there cars that distracts other drivers by making everyone look at em. I say we make a petition, and also to save our cars, since this one is gonna take place in japan.

http://forums.club4ag.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=63755

Hawd
03-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Have a feeling they are going to fuck up the drift scene with this one....

ONYX S-13
03-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Hell if there's a petition i'll sign it..Ahh i refused to see the second one and same goes for the 3rd (if it even gets produced).. :down:

Chernobyl
03-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Whooooooooooooooooooooo Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares?

It's just a movie. My car looks nothing like those street racer piles anyway...

SimpleS14
03-12-2004, 05:25 PM
It's just a movie....

however I do not want to see an increase of people wanting to drift out in the public or eyeing my S14. :bite:

The ROMAN
03-12-2004, 05:28 PM
It's just a movie....

however I do not want to see an increase of people wanting to drift out in the public or eyeing my S14. :bite:
People are doing that already cause of the tuner mags. Plus I see more riced out 240's everyday, and more wrecked 240's in my junkyard.

nocomedown
03-12-2004, 05:29 PM
Whooooooooooooooooooooo Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares?

It's just a movie. My car looks nothing like those street racer piles anyway...
my thoughts exactly
just because they make a movie about cars that sucks doesnt mean that im going to change the way i do things with my car. anyways, hopefully this one will be about drifting and will come out in a few years, driving the demand for S13s up, and allowing me to sell my car at an outrageous amount.

ONYX S-13
03-12-2004, 05:33 PM
People are doing that already cause of the tuner mags. Plus I see more riced out 240's everyday, and more wrecked 240's in my junkyard.
Ha ha ha..I've never thought about it that way...If that's the case...Let's promote the movie lol...

The ROMAN
03-12-2004, 05:44 PM
hopefully this one will be about drifting and will come out in a few years, driving the demand for S13s up, and allowing me to sell my car at an outrageous amount.
Heheh - you already can't get a ae86 corolla for less than 3 grand around here, thank you initial D

THX1138
03-12-2004, 07:32 PM
Heheh - you already can't get a ae86 corolla for less than 3 grand around here, thank you initial D

I've seen two AE86s go for over $10K on eBay in the last few months. One dead stock with a pretty good body (no rust, a few dents) and slightly ratty interior collected $10,500, and a show-quality one with every TRD go-fast goodie and JDM engine pulled in $12K even. I'd hate to see what they'd have gone for if either had the panda paint scheme...

matlock
03-12-2004, 07:59 PM
I've seen two AE86s go for over $10K on eBay in the last few months. One dead stock with a pretty good body (no rust, a few dents) and slightly ratty interior collected $10,500, and a show-quality one with every TRD go-fast goodie and JDM engine pulled in $12K even. I'd hate to see what they'd have gone for if either had the panda paint scheme...
That is crazy people definelatly don't research their stuff they think that if you buy a "hachi" you are automatically a drifter. I just think its getting out of hand, but oh well I have my car already muhaha maybe I can get $13K or something haneous for it. I would sign the petition just because I think it might give people the wrong impression on the drift scene...just my 2 cents. :squintd:

driftcrazy
03-12-2004, 08:07 PM
yall know what i am worried about, is now that drifting is hitting up america, i am worried that ricers r gonna start buying 240's, hachi's, FC's. and start riceing em out and sporting ghetto ass KA, or ghettofied SR's with NOS. Jus because drifting is getting popular. I got into drifting in the first place was because of the love of it and it was not a mainstrem sport. I bought my 240 long before the scene. and the popularity is causeing certain problems with the true form of drifting, and wannabes. I wish we could do somthing about it.

HyperTek
03-12-2004, 08:17 PM
I know, its just a movie, but we are in america, people get influanced real easy. besides, people are greedy too. Imagine "Drift Fast and Furious Nitrous kits for 240sx by Nitrous Express" haha.

You know that saying "if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you do it?", when you show this to american youth, its "we can jump off a bridge, and you can do it to!" Haha sorry if Im bashing on youth, but I just dont want to see more problems, if no one says its wrong, everyones gonna do it. Someone has to enforce crap.

nocomedown
03-12-2004, 09:34 PM
You know that saying "if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you do it?", when you show this to american youth, its "we can jump off a bridge, and you can do it to!"
isn't it more along the lines of "we can hit our nawwwzz and make our skyline fly off a raised drawbridge over another car, and you can do it to!" ?? :D

old_s13
03-12-2004, 09:48 PM
lets stop stupid posts like this...

i mean who cares, do you seriously think OPINIONS matter to the studio responsible for making massive profits off idiot kids when making this movie?

NOPE.

- mike

Burmonster
03-12-2004, 10:47 PM

i mean who cares, do you seriously think OPINIONS matter to the studio responsible for making massive profits off idiot kids when making this movie?

NOPE.

- mike

Very true, but I also like my constitutionally protected right to bitch about said occurances :eek3d:

MorganS13
03-12-2004, 10:49 PM

NOPE.

- mike
lol, EXACTLY..

i wish i had enough free-time to whine about some movie thats not even out yet. i could think of a million better things people could spend their time worrying about than this god damn movie, LET IT GO! :-/

WilloW
03-13-2004, 12:16 AM
Have a feeling they are going to fuck up the drift scene with this one....

and then every fucking kids that saw the movie are going to try and drift, I see a lot of totaled 240s and AE86.

yall know what i am worried about, is now that drifting is hitting up america, i am worried that ricers r gonna start buying 240's, hachi's, FC's. and start riceing em out and sporting ghetto ass KA, or ghettofied SR's with NOS. Jus because drifting is getting popular. I got into drifting in the first place was because of the love of it and it was not a mainstrem sport. I bought my 240 long before the scene. and the popularity is causeing certain problems with the true form of drifting, and wannabes. I wish we could do somthing about it.

I'm going to start caring when they start stealing 240s and AE86s like hondas.

Ghettokracker71
03-13-2004, 08:44 AM
When the first F&F came out,I didn't have my license,but I was the proud owner of a Chevelle,and I was on "the scene" (more then,than now! lol damnit)I knew wayy too many people that put "nawz" on their honda civic(Hyundai Tiburon,Accord,etc.) and blew them sky high b/c they wanted to "be cool like vin"....fast forward to 2F2F....In a world where "Civic Skyline body kit" is an all too popular statement,the last thing the import community needed was another damn movie like this,I definitely saw an increase in old-ass turbo supras(and FC's,and civics of course) running around with the biggest walmart cannons I've ever seen mounted on the back,and the biggest tank of 'nawz' the fucker could get his hands on.

I am a not a drifter by any means. I enjoy doing the classic 180 or so just for the hell of it.....but thats about it.I enjoy taking corners fast,and driving agressively. I love my S13....well,b/c its an awsome car,quick,cool as shit,pretty,comfortable,capable and potential.But I've already spotted two or three damn drift wannabe idiots in 240sx's just in my little area in VA,and they always run up to me b/c my shit is clean and well taken care of 'yo you gotz an SR ? you drift? dats a clean silvia,word' .....I can't even goto McDonalds with my girlfreind without the guy handing the food to me practically yelling "damn dude! Thats a silvia! nice car!!!!!!" and my shit isn't even hooked up.....ESSPECIALLY compared to guys on this forums cars.

I have a CAI,a 300zx fuel filter,clear corner lights,MB sidemarkers,wheels,and a system.....whoop-de-fucking-do! I just would hate to have more of the fake ass ricer-boy trend leaning towards FCs/FDs/Hachis/S13s/S14s just because some asshole in hollywood wants to make a mill off of a popular movie series. I already have enough civic guys trying to run me,and enough guys like that asking what its like to be a drifter and everything else. I think I'd sell my S13 if it got that bad....

I mean,name another import thats as cheap as an S13,with as much potential,and is cool as one....and is RWD? (and is as fun as one?) ....I couldn't think of one!

Civic boys can't drive rwd!They can barely drive as is! Dudes are already hurting themselves(and wrecking into others) enough as is trying to street race,and "drift" more like assslide their civic(or whatever) around and be "the shit".

HiPSI
03-13-2004, 08:58 AM
all i have to say is it's hard to get a hold of altezza lights for the S13/S14 right now and overall the parts for these cars are still expensive, so the true riceboys won't be able to rice them out too bad.

The ROMAN
03-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Well at least there's a skill barrier for drifters versus just racing in a straight line up to 80mph. We'll just have to ride it out, ricers will figure out they can't drift after they total two or three cars.

KiDyNomiTe
03-13-2004, 01:25 PM
I wanna see it.

It's obviously not an accurate depiction of the car scene, but is any movie really an accurate depiction of anything.

240KAT
03-13-2004, 02:44 PM
I'm going to see the movie, I like movies..even if they piss me off while watching them (i still watch the first f&f almost weekly). Anyway, here's my thing with the new, supposedly, drifting based fast and furious..
After the first one came out with the emphasis on honda's, civics in particular, i remember how much the GTA rate increased, and the most stolen car was a honda. It might be unrelated, but the fact that it happened is enough for me to get a nice security system for my 240. I don't want some cheapass kid stealing my car and selling it to some posuer. I'd have to kill a man. :rl:

The ROMAN
03-13-2004, 04:47 PM
S13s are to cheap to be worth stealing. I got mine for 2 grand. Plus it now has a stripped interior and a scrapped up rear and front bumper. S14s might be a different story though. And unless you got Lojack or something, security systems don't do anything except make noise and get disabled.

fliprayzin240sx
03-13-2004, 07:53 PM
Hmm...make it JDM fast and furious. Japanese actors, in japanese with english subtitle. =p I can see it now...17 yr old takumi fujiwara delivering tofu at 4 in the morning. *woot wooot i can see it being a blockbuster!!!* Kinda funny how the new rage in japan now is all the shiet we hate out here. NOS, Neons, Gullwings and freakin vinyl graphics.

HyperTek
03-13-2004, 10:10 PM
hey some of you guys say its useless to bitch about it, but if no one stands up and fights it, then nothing happens, if rosa parks didnt sit in the front of the bus, then no one probably would have fought the color lines, im sure later on someone woulda said something tho. But you get where im coming from right? If no one says anything, then they think its ok. and thats what happened before.

The ROMAN
03-13-2004, 10:14 PM
hey some of you guys say its useless to bitch about it, but if no one stands up and fights it, then nothing happens, if rosa parks didnt sit in the front of the bus, then no one probably would have fought the color lines, im sure later on someone woulda said something tho. But you get where im coming from right? If no one says anything, then they think its ok. and thats what happened before.
So are saying Zilvia members unite against FF3? This is a huge forum, strentgh in numbers.

The ROMAN
03-13-2004, 10:15 PM
So are saying Zilvia members unite against FF3? This is a huge forum, strength in numbers.

fliprayzin240sx
03-14-2004, 08:51 PM
So are saying Zilvia members unite against FF3? This is a huge forum, strength in numbers.
Haha...lets all go to socaLi and have a mass rally at UNIVERSAL STUDIOS. R.A.F.F==Racers Against Fast and Furious. *k nm...dat was freakin gay*

NekroKidd83
03-16-2004, 04:08 PM
Well, to save a lot of the Skyline's, Silvias and American Muscle from getting destroyed to promote a movie, then I'll sign. Mass rally in front of the studio? Great idea.

Here's a little fun fact. Universal Studios is being sued for their Fast And The Furious series. A man who wrote the script on a street racing movie he titled "Bet" sent it to Universal Studios and they rejected it. But a few years later, Universal changes the script around and retitled it The Fast and the Furious. I saw this on Celebrity Justice. Also, there weren't supposed to be the japanese cars in the original movie Bet, but muscle cars like Camaros and Cougars. So, Universal is already in the apeshit pit.

TRUENOCOUPE
03-16-2004, 04:12 PM
good fucking lord.

Who gives a goddamn flying fuck. Its a fucking fuckity movie for fucking godfuckingsake.

(that was a little too much fuck)

-asshat

sideviewcivic
03-17-2004, 02:48 AM
this thread seems like the 'on star' should be on a honda one...who really cares. ppl dying while street racing has been going on for well over 50 years. yet i dont see ppl stopping in there tracks seeing what they can do to stop it. its like the economy it rises and falls...i figure drifting wont blow up as big as the honda/acura F&F scene...it will have its moments but it will also fade away as the adolescents grow out of this fad. having the movie setting in japan will definately open up more assclowns to rear-driver oriented cars.

as my wish states::had honda made civics/integras FR imagine the lack of wannabes and assclowns in the world from crashing.

Kain_Pabyeda
03-17-2004, 05:34 AM
In my honest opinion, if you think the movies sucked so bad....write your own.
You'll find out real quick the reality of movie making. Writers don't do shit. I mean that...We pour our heart and love into something, and when it's sold, we lose almost all rights to our idea. It becomes the corporate "baby", where every cumbubble with an idea gets to throw his $.02 in. The writer gets the shaft. Next time you think a movie sucks, take an hour or two out of your day and locate the original screenplay on the web. Chances are, even Fast and the Furryass was an incredible movie....before the producers 2nd cousin in laws step son thought that naaaawwssss would be the shit. There are thousands of screenplays submitted to production companies, and agents every day, to think that one of them was picked and actually made it into production (an act of divine power) means that it was more than likely an incredible story. Once you have a known name in Hollywood.....then you can start writing shit. hell They asked the writer for Scream to write a sequal, they sent him to Hawaii for 4 months to write it. He wrote the movie in 45 min on the return flight to L.A.
I'm gonna preach (vent) a little more and then all of those that managed to read this can Flame away if you choose to. You all remember The latest Godzilla flick right? I've read the original screenplay.....it rocked...period. I have also talked with the writer, they asked him to creat another godzilla type creature to fight against or whatever....but the point behind it was that they payed out millions just to be able to use the name godzilla in their movie, and they wanted to use that creature in future Godzilla movies....doesn't sound like too bad of an idea at first...then you find out that they are trying to do this to create their "own" marketable "godzilla" which they have exlusive rights to. Since they still own the rights to the name, but they don't have to buy the rights to use someone elses Godzilla....you would have gotten to see the sequal to godzilla without ever seeing godzilla. Sound like a good idea to you? would you pay to see "godzilla 2" if you knew godzilla wouldn't be in it? They though you would.
You're never going to be able to change what "the man at the top" thinks is going to sell, they will always take advantage of every money making gimmick they can get their hands on. It'll always be that way. Unless you have Producers who actually want to stay true to form... very rare. Hell I've been writing a movie about drifting for about two years. And let me tell you this...when it's finished I'm going to sell it (I hope) But I'm going to try and have it funded before the Production company gets their slimmy little paws on it. I'm going to push that thing under every major tuning co., and I'm not talkin about some APC bullshit, I'm talkin HKS, Greddy, Tomei, you name it, and I'll knock on their door at least once. And with any luck, they'll help fund it. And when the production co says, you know we want another Paul Walker.....I've got my financiers telling them to fuck off, because thats not they way they would want to see it.
I appologize for the rant, and for kinda skipping around my point about the original thread, if it even makes any sense. I'm drugged again so I don't remember what the f*ck I'm writing about anymore....I guess I'll stop now while I still think I'm ahead.
"Flame ON"

zreau
03-17-2004, 06:26 AM
Yeah you're gonna ask them not to make the movie and they'll do it just like that. Losing a few hundred million dollars, just because you asked them to.... :bs:

the240sxer95
03-17-2004, 10:24 AM
let them make it! i love fast and furious!

matic 240sx
03-19-2004, 12:11 AM
lol.. whats funny is your all gonna see it heh.. really tho.. i do not worry about this crap because its gonna die one day when he new thing comes along.. so it doesn't matter.. what you think they will have 5fast 5furious? it will pass and it will be back to the real people that are really into the culture... ricers will be there.. they see this and still do the same thing.. u just have to seperate yourself from them..

ryan hagen
03-19-2004, 06:40 AM
maybe it will be good? sounds liek there could be less street raceing? sounds liek there might be some kinda order to the movie? and if its shitty i doubt vin diesel will be in it. i went to the last one and laughed the whole way through, so hopefully this oen will be good, or funny liek the last one.
silly ricers

and honestly if they can make 200 million or what ever they make on these, do you think even 25k signatures could stop it?

Ghettokracker71
03-19-2004, 07:27 AM
good fucking lord.

Who gives a goddamn flying fuck. Its a fucking fuckity movie for fucking godfuckingsake.

(that was a little too much fuck)

-asshat
lol....sorry,thats just really funny^^

I kinda enjoyed the first two,but of course the shittyness (rice+etc.) took ALOT away,I still enjoyed them,and own both on DVD (presents,don't flame me!!!)....and if they make numero tres then I'll go see it in theatres

Var
03-19-2004, 09:37 AM
i say make the damn movie and 5 more after it. I hope more people get converted to ricers so there are more people to laugh at.. now people that dont know shit about cars give me props on my hachi with faded red paint and a white door. they know it's not fast or furious. but goddamnit drift king has one so it must be the sexxx. lol and my s13 too. i keep it on stock steelies so people wont give me attention unless they see my cage. i'm happier this way. i'm not getting a body kit to attract attention to myself. and i dont think it's what car you drive it's what you do to it, cause i've seen some civics i'd take over most people's cars i see at the meets. So let the damn movie get produced, and hell i'll even pay 10 dollars to see it. I'll walk out to the parking lot and be happy when i see my 240 or hachi sitting there looking ugly, knowing i'll have more fun in them than all the people that are into the scene and not into the car.

WheelSpin18
03-19-2004, 10:08 AM
LOL you guys are naive.You sound like fuckin' jay and silent bob..."we gotta stop thisa movie from being made!" As someone else said, you ain't gonna stop shit.Funny how you may think we have such say in this country.If that was the case al gore would be running for re-election right now.The world is corrupt little boys and girls, lol.

Oh and to the person who commented on rosa parks...ever seen barbershop? "She ain't do shit, she just sat her ass down.Everybody did that shit back then" or something to that effect :)

Zemus
03-19-2004, 11:34 AM

Hell yea thats what ive been saying for years :)

ryan hagen
03-19-2004, 04:56 PM
honestly do you think about 5% of our nation, if you could even organize that many people could stop a movie producer from making a movie that could make them millions, then make vin diesel toys after the movie and make few more million, then make their hot wheels spin off series of cars and make a couple more million, they dont care, and if they notice drifters complaining maybe they think hey thats cool lets see if we can get that drift king in there he can be one of dom's buddies..........lol its just pointless i didnt read every thing but in no way can u compare any of this to the equal rights sit downs and stuff.

irax
03-19-2004, 06:11 PM
personaly, the way this movie will effect me, is that i can sell my car for 4-5x what i bought it for.. (600x4or5= MONEY!!!!) im not going to be like all those guys with *drift or jdm or s13/14/15* in their names and pretend to be OG... im not, honestly If i were to say I was OG ralley fan that would be the truth.. but i didnt get my car to drift.. i got my car because it was $600.. and naturaly i started to take turns like ralley drivers.. and one of my friends gave me props for a nice "drift" i had to look up what that ment.. got videos, i fell in love with this almost 100% tarmac sport (i took my 240 to a rally, and man that was a nightmare with all the mud).. i dont want no "srdrfiter" to get mad at me because i think its whack his SN reflects his car(its only cute if a chick does it.. blah blah blah yeah yeah dubble standerds i know)... havent you all seen fightclub?? YOU ARE NOT THE CAR YOU DRIVE! well.. im done ranting... i think i might of went on tangents too much.. ohh well

brokenben
03-19-2004, 06:24 PM
haha. this thread is stupid. first of all.. but now that i wasted time reading it.. might as well comment on it.. i didnt know they were making another. im happy. im gonna hold off selling my car until it comes out. ..and as for all these ppl worried about it destroying "the scene".. eh who cares? ..will it make you not like drifting? ..this just makes me think that all you ppl like drifting just because you're one of the few ppl that do it or something. ..as for stopping the movie from being made? yer stupid.

Var
03-19-2004, 06:52 PM
agreed werd amen