PDA

View Full Version : s14 blowing turn signal fuse!!! help!!!!!

Vicious Beaner!
10-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Ok so this happened out of no where yesterday. Turn signals and hazards always worked fine . Made a left turn yesterday on a light and when I hit the signal I noticed it.wasn't blinking as well with my hazards. I switched the fuse. Try the hazards and nothing. The. Try the left turn signal and that works. But as soon I hit the turn signal to the right position it blows the fuse right away. I don't know what can be causing this issue. Went through my.driver's side harness. And some wires were rubbed from bieng low but they've been repaired and still.nothing . No.wires are exposed anywhere it touching for it to be grounding out like that. Hopefully you guys have some ideas. I really need these turn signals to work my job inspection .

Thanks

The Dude
10-14-2012, 06:14 PM
This happened to me years ago. I replaced the hazard switch (wasnt the problem, but it was one of the failure points in that circuit) and the turn signal switch and that did it.

Vicious Beaner!
10-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Can the turn signal switch be causing it to blow the fuse just like that? I can only imagine how much that is from Nissan since it has to have the OEM fog light switch. Its a 97 btw

The Dude
10-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Yes. Mine would blow 3 or more times a week. I do remember the dealer wanting about $50 for the hazard switch. Don't recall how much the turn signal switch was. Pretty sure it was less than $100 though.

Vicious Beaner!
10-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Yes mine blows instantly as soon as I hit the lever to the right position. When I put it to the left position it work. Also like stated hazards do not work. Was thinking earlier, would it be possible for the fuse to go out like that and my hazards to not work by having a bad cluster bulb? The one for the turn signal arrows in the cluster ? Before I go out and spend 100 dollars on the switch. Looked it up btw.

If anyone has any ideas please chime in. Thanks

scarface_613
10-15-2012, 04:04 PM
mine did the same thing a few weeks ago, no clue what it is, hope you figure it out

s14j
10-15-2012, 04:06 PM
have you checked you bulbs? that happend to me once, bulb was just old and creating a short.

Vicious Beaner!
10-15-2012, 04:59 PM
I've just looked at them real quick . They looked fine. I'll have to take a look at the ones from the cluster hopefully its something simple.

flanky777
10-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Try using/replacing new bulbs of the two same kind, it worked for me. When I bought my car, it had different signal bulbs and it kept blowing fuses and bulbs.

Vicious Beaner!
10-15-2012, 10:10 PM
ill try that as well dude thanks!

Vicious Beaner!
10-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Update! So I pulled the whole light switch out unplugged it etc. Put it back in and now the turn signals seem to work. But the hazards still don't work?

Final update. Exposed wires. On drivers side caused it to short. Looks like I'll be doing a wire tuck soon. Thanks for those who helped