PDA

View Full Version : STI kills ferrari

nightwalker
03-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Sour ass Ferrari owners (http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10401&page=1&pp=20)

funny! Bunch of rich :mrmeph:S!!! Can't wait till someone in a really modified 240 owns one of those Ferraris... oh chit Johnny, an old $1,000 car just whooped my 100k bad ass mobile

....yeah yeah, Ferrari is still Ferrari, but I'm not talking about that, (bling factor) just performance...that's the reason for their lineage right?

also, go to the last page and download the FerrariSubaru highlight video. :Owned:

AkiraDrift
03-12-2004, 02:39 PM
haha...WOW!

Wei240
03-12-2004, 02:40 PM
i just skimmed thru it, but it seemed like they were on canyon roads.
ferrari's, lambo's are not meant for carving down really twisty roads, so yes, i can see how they could lose, but like some others have said, once it's on a real big open track...

nightwalker
03-12-2004, 02:42 PM
but like some others have said, once it's on a real big open track...

hahaha, that's why I said "watch the video", a 360 gets owned there as well

element240
03-12-2004, 04:18 PM
dam that video was sweet!

ferrari owned by a subie! :naughtyd:

s13driver
03-12-2004, 04:20 PM
what video ?

Wei240
03-12-2004, 04:30 PM
ahh, the video, it's at the very last page of the thread,
it's most definitely a kick ass car, but i would think the top end speed advantage has to go with these high end cars, i know the sti is limited at around 150 mph, but how strong can it pull past that range, i think the 360 modena goes to around 190 mph...

but in either case, real world day to day performance, advantage goes to the sti!!!

ONYX S-13
03-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Didn't work for me:(

Hondamatic
03-12-2004, 05:35 PM
it boggles my mind that one guy on their doesnt know what an is300, rx8, or WRX looks like :loco:

nocomedown
03-12-2004, 05:42 PM
i want a subie baaaad.
i think ive been more than a bit influenced by watching all of this WRC

darithS
03-12-2004, 07:30 PM
YAY! Scooby wins!

WilloW
03-13-2004, 12:27 AM
"I hate that car so much I'm gonna go to the Subaru dealer this weekend to check one out." Hahahah :Owned:, they're just using every single excuse to defend their "Ferrari heritage". I would take a Ferrari over my car or the Subaru anytime, but those guys just can't handle the fact that their "Ferrari heritage" just got smoked.

the240sxer95
03-13-2004, 12:45 AM
i had a scooby :)

old_s13
03-13-2004, 11:19 AM
For what its worth, the Ferrari driver was really bad.. I didnt think he was driving the car like a real man would.

As for the folks on the Ferrari forum, they are just two-faced. One minute they think they are king of the hill because they own (rent, or lease) a fairly expensive sports car -- the next minute, they get butt-hurt when they get beaten by another car (or even worse, a less expensive or even less powerful car).

I've got a lot of stories, from pouncing on Ferraris and sport-bikes, to getting my ass handed to me by modified Sentra SE-Rs. While its fun to tinker around and mess with people, there are just SO many variables that people never look at. What if the person isnt driving super hard? What if he doesnt have an understanding for the cars limitations yet and is less of a driver? What if his brakes and tires suck? What if the OTHER drivers tires are extremely high quality race slicks? What if one person doesnt know the road and the other person does?

No one ever thinks about any of the above, they just race.. and when one person wins he's happy and of course, most losers are sad.. especially if they are insecure. When I lose, I am happy.. because I know I had some fun and I dont care.. if I really did care, I'de stop.. go back home, and start upgrading with my GOAL being to attempt to win. But anyone with a rational head on their shoulders will realize that you're spending money on your own car for what, to be the BEST? You cannot be the best forever, your tires and brakes will eventually wear and someone else with a more maintained or upgraded car will come along and smoke you. Unless you make a specific goal and start following your maintanance EVERY time you take your car out, you'll just never be on top.

It doesnt matter how much you spend on your car or how expensive it is, it just comes down to being in touch with your car, a good driver, understanding the road, and of course.. good car maintanance.

If only I can tell you guys the expression I left on the driver when I beat a F355 convertible.. this beverly hills YUTS did a 8 second burnout in fury after getting his ass handed to him by a old crappy S13. Maybe I should've made a video and posted it online just to make these guys tear..

Serious man, you would think people would grow up.. but some of these high-dollar car enthusiasts just have no sense of reality or practical limits. There are just some things you cannot attain when you spend your day making big bank to afford this high-dollar lifestyle, and driving skills are not something you get sitting behind a desk.

- Mike

DaveSev
03-13-2004, 11:57 AM
"Well you know, Ferrari arent all about going fast. I mean you could of told him all about Ferraris racing heritage. Im sure he wouldnt of felt as good for beating you after that!"

That was a joke, right?

darithS
03-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Imprezas can be modded for a lot of horsepower, I don't think you can mod a ferrari that well, so it is possible for a scooby to smoke a ferrari

aznpoopy
03-13-2004, 01:21 PM
interesting read... i didn't think the majority of the ferrari owners were all that bad though. alot of them accepted the fact that their car just wasn't as fast for the $$$ they spent; and they gave props to the soob.

brianglawson
03-13-2004, 05:00 PM
no matter if the sub beats it or not, a ferrari is a ferrari, it is a 3.6 liter v8 that screams like a banshee, a slick bright red paint job, and 2 seats to be imprinted when you step the gas, they are a racing marque, thats whet its all about, but still many probs to sub for beating it, must have been a good driver, but we all know alot of the pretintious rich aholes that have ferraris got it aas a status symbol, not to enjoy the purity of one of the worlds best sports cars

oojpeeoo
03-13-2004, 05:25 PM
ouch..my friend back at home got a stage 4 turbo sti and he took out a b18 crx...he had every seat filled with a decently large person...ac blastin..and his ride was bumpin fat beats

darithS
03-13-2004, 07:27 PM
my homie beat a b18 crx with his stock 350z...

old_s13
03-13-2004, 07:48 PM
bumpin phat beats reduces HP.. MAJOR HP.

oojpeeoo
03-13-2004, 07:53 PM
bumpin phat beats reduces HP.. MAJOR HP.

OOOH IIIIIIS THAAAAT SOOOOOOO WOWOWOWOWOWOW

Caps Lock
03-14-2004, 03:19 AM
I just have to laugh about the fact that the STi owned the ferrari.

G_Fish240
03-14-2004, 02:11 PM
I dont know man, comments like this

"The STi might be about 10 times faster than my 308, but park them both next to each other at a gas station and see which one gets the attention."

make them look pretty bad

1998cc
03-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Ferrari's are for rich assholes. All those guys are talking about is heritage and mystique. This guy said it the best. As Sean Connery said in "The Rock": losers talk about [heritage]. Winners go home and F^&* the prom queen. Ferrari's are cool and everything, but why buy one when you can have a car that can do everything better for cheaper. STI's are badass.

Ghettokracker71
03-14-2004, 04:04 PM
I dont know man, comments like this

"The STi might be about 10 times faster than my 308, but park them both next to each other at a gas station and see which one gets the attention."

make them look pretty bad
lol....sounds like something my dad would say:doh:

EDIT:I wouldn't buy a ferrari just to street race it,thats not what their about though.

old_s13
03-14-2004, 08:35 PM
1998cc> Ferrari's are for rich assholes.

NO. Ferraris are for people who appreciate FERRARIS.

Actually, CARS are for people who appreciate CARS. If you dont appreciate a car, shut the fuck up and dont own one. I am not saying this directly to you, I am saying this to everyone.

If I bought a Ferrari I would buy it because I wanted a Ferrari. I dont have to race it, I dont even have to fucking drive the thing. If I had money and I wanted a Ferrari to park in my living room and use it as a coffee table.. I would buy it and appreciate it as a really fucking nice coffee table.

The point of this post? Enjoy the shit you buy and own, regardless of what you do with it. Buying a Ferrari doesnt make you all of a sudden embrace racing heritage, if you sucked driving a Honda Accord, you're going to suck 10-fold driving a faster and more expensive car. SO, be humble because there's always going to be someone badassed (like myself) who will hand your ass to you.

-- THE END --

HiPSI
03-15-2004, 09:23 AM
sure both cars in the video are fast, but look at how they both got owned by the Radical SR3 (the yellow thing that flys through them on the straight), and that thing's only powered by a 1300cc suzuki motorcycle engine and costs about $50k;). someone's always faster;)

Wei240
03-15-2004, 10:49 AM
yeah, but you don't really drive the radical sr3 (or whatever that yellow car is) straight from the track and back to real roads... would be cool to see one though...