PDA

View Full Version : Losing license

The ROMAN
03-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Yeah, so I got a ticket for prohibited left turn and I'm still on driver probation from my last suspention. I'll probably lose my license again for up to 3 months. I'm in NJ. My question is what are my chances of driving to school/work/etc and not getting caught? Anyone here drive on a suspended license? I know it's stupid but I can't drop school and have got bills/rent to pay.

brokenben
03-11-2004, 11:30 PM
Yeah, so I got a ticket for prohibited left turn and I'm still on driver probation from my last suspention. I'll probably lose my license again for up to 3 months. I'm in NJ. My question is what are my chances of driving to school/work/etc and not getting caught? Anyone here drive on a suspended license? I know it's stupid but I can't drop school and have got bills/rent to pay.
dont they let you drive to work and school strictly? i dunno i thought they did in cali.. as for you getting caught? haha.. whos gonna know those odds?

WilloW
03-11-2004, 11:45 PM
I know someone that've been driving without an L for months, ofcourse I don't recommend this. Try to get/ask for a restricted lisence like Brokenben said.

The ROMAN
03-11-2004, 11:46 PM
Restricted licenses aren't given out anymore in NJ. I hate this state.

brokenben
03-12-2004, 12:33 AM
Restricted licenses aren't given out anymore in NJ. I hate this state.
dam.. that really sucks.. take the bus! thats wat i do now that my car isnt running... :down:

airsoft
03-12-2004, 12:46 AM
rollerblading or skateboarding...

DRFT
03-12-2004, 01:04 AM
seriously, does anyone still rollerblade?

plan b
03-12-2004, 05:33 AM
i do.... roces 5th elements!

south beach in and out of cars.. downtown..

hookedup240
03-12-2004, 10:43 AM
hey if you have to drive to get around for job/whatever....take the risk i would. Just don't speed or do anything stupid at all.

nightwalker
03-12-2004, 12:54 PM
driving on suspended L's = getting car impounded for a month in Cali. Costs about 1200 total to get out. Don't ask me how I know.

DRFT
03-12-2004, 02:52 PM
how do you know?

nightwalker
03-12-2004, 03:10 PM
I told you not to ask me!

The ROMAN
03-12-2004, 05:25 PM
I just need an SR for out running cops and one of those show car license plate flippers and I'll be good to go.

Pepperoni
03-12-2004, 05:53 PM
I just need an SR for out running cops and one of those show car license plate flippers and I'll be good to go.

lol

it's hard to say what your chances are of getting caught. From what I can tell, you have a high chance of getting caught, since u've been in trouble at least twice now. Third time isn't a charm in your case imho. :nono: The odds arent in your favor

The ROMAN
03-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Yeh but I've been driving like an ASS and getting pissed of behind the wheel and stuff. If I just drive the speed limit, stay off the roads late at night, etc it might work right? Also my car is stock looking.

Pepperoni
03-12-2004, 06:21 PM
Yeah, don't give a reason for cops to pull you over and you should be fine... in theory :)

thx247
03-12-2004, 07:31 PM
Yes, driving like a normal person will keep you off of their radar.

It may be difficult to see the point to what I'm about to say, but maybe you should just not drive. Its really easy to keep getting caught up in the system, and the hardest thing is making a clean break from it. I suggest not breaking the law for the time being, even if you think you won't get caught.

black s13
03-12-2004, 09:54 PM
my friend was driving on a suspended for a few weeks, didnt do anything at all to get attention, then he got rear ended, anded up losing it for another 6 months. he did nothing to get caught, and still got screwed. not worth it IMHO. my licence will be suspended on monday, and i will not be driving till im legal again.

elevator
03-13-2004, 01:37 AM
You can end up in the slammer for driving w/o license.

Rollerblades are gay. Skateboards rule. ...or get a bike.

Bill Roberts
03-13-2004, 08:28 AM
......and the unsuspecting police license checks around the corner

Ghettokracker71
03-13-2004, 10:39 AM
......and the unsuspecting police license checks around the corner
Yeah,its going to be the day you least think about it,the day you least expect it.A day after you've been doing it a while,and its become a habit to you,something you think nothing of,and your going to be running late for work,and you can't do it another time or you'll get fired so you push the speed limit a little bit in an area where you've never seen a pig and......BAM! Blue lights!

(I like to dramatize things....:))

The ROMAN
03-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Yeah,its going to be the day you least think about it,the day you least expect it.A day after you've been doing it a while,and its become a habit to you,something you think nothing of,and your going to be running late for work,and you can't do it another time or you'll get fired so you push the speed limit a little bit in an area where you've never seen a pig and......BAM! Blue lights!

(I like to dramatize things....:))

LOL Yeah I can see that happening. Lucky me though, we don't have police checkpoints up here unless it's like 4AM.

matlock
03-13-2004, 05:11 PM
My friend drove without his L for quite a while but then got pulled over for like a burned out taillight or something and got a ticket it was somewhere in the $200 range. I live in a really small town where cops have nothing better to do with their time, so just be careful and take the risk...especially since you can't get like a school/work liscense.