PDA

View Full Version : power steering pump questions, need help ASAP

jesse1984
10-08-2012, 01:32 PM
ok here's what happened. i started the car there was a loud screetching sound and smoke from under the hood. popped the hood to look around but i couldnt tell where it came from becasue it was dark. tried to start it again so i could get around to the front and see if i could find the smoke. it made the same sound then stalled the engine. waited a few minutes and the car started fine, no sound, no smoke.....BUT the power steering wasnt there. now i read around and it said if the pump was bad it would make noise and the fluid would look burnt. well....it doesnt make any noise now, and the fluid looks fine. the belt loks good, the fluid looks good, the pulley turns, everything looks and sounds fine, but the power steering isnt there. could this be the pump? never had any problems with pwer steering before so im not sure if im checking everything that needs to be checked. i deliver pizza in the evening and i go back to work on wed. so it would be great to get the car working again. thanks in advance.