PDA

View Full Version : Clogged/Bad fuel filter

marryson
10-04-2012, 06:59 PM
I replaced my fuel filter because I think it is clogged. but just to confirm, I took my old fuel filter out, turn it upside down and start pouring water into the inlet(bottom), after filling that thing with water, no water is coming out of the other end. Does this mean that the fuel filter is clogged? or is it just the way it is? and needed some kind of force to push the fuel out?

dawagarage
10-04-2012, 07:43 PM
put your mouth on the inlet and blow. modern cars are fuel injected with electric fuel PUMPS, which is the force what forces the fuel through the lines

marryson
10-04-2012, 11:30 PM
put your mouth on the inlet and blow. modern cars are fuel injected with electric fuel PUMPS, which is the force what forces the fuel through the lines

blew into it. doesnt take a lot of effort to blow thru without water. so I guess its not clogged? but when I remove the old filter from the car, the fuel that came out of the filter was black, not very black but like murky dark. I hope that dirty filter is the reason for failing NOx in the emission test.....

iBlaze240
10-10-2012, 04:58 AM
If youb haven't already, I would pull the fuel filter and check your fuel pump strainer. Those can get really clogged too. If you have low fuel, put on a nitrile glove and scrape the bottom of the fuel tank for rust. If it feels like there's a pile, pull the fuel tank and powerwash it out. I dealt with a lot of rust clogging my filters and it killed 2 injectors.

fliprayzin240sx
10-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Who the fuck troubleshoots a fuel filter, just replace it and get a new one. Its less than $10 for crying out loud.

codyace
10-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Who the fuck troubleshoots a fuel filter, just replace it and get a new one. Its less than $10 for crying out loud.

He need more allowance!

marryson
10-12-2012, 09:39 PM

I did replace it. the reason why I wanted to troubleshoot it is because i wanted to find out if it is the fuel filter thats causing me to fail the emission test.....