PDA

View Full Version : building a budget(ish) computer system.

fyneyoungstunna
10-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Going through all the tech talk on the good ole internet makes my head hurt.
Its like listening to the cod fanboys vs the medal of honor fanboys.

Anyways, I like the price of the new AMD a10. But I keep reading that it takes a lot to bring out its potential, and you have to reduce your graphics settings to keep it from bottle necking.

Im not against an I3 2012. but from what I understan AMD has better gaming capabilities? ( lets not turn this into a bullshit brand war)

I have no idea when it comes to motherboards. All the features listed are just way too much to take in.

I also read that the amd phenom 2 six core is still a pretty good contender in the game?

Ill be mostly using this build for gaming like cod, medal of honor, battlefield, darksiders and some other games. Lots of movies as well.

Help me out, Dumb it down for me?

zo0d
10-04-2012, 02:27 PM
If you want to save money build your own Barebone kit from tigerdirect. It's not hard at all.

If you are looking to mostly game, then you should be looking at good graphic cards rather than just the CPU alone.

I would go with an AMD based platform because the CPU and GPU can work together. My laptop is set up like that and I can run a lot of games on MAX settings with just a 2.4 A6 quad-core processor and a AMD RADEON 6520 1gb video card.

fyneyoungstunna
10-04-2012, 03:12 PM
I already have an exelent GPU and power supply. Its just time to upgrade my system. I'm stuck with an old amd 3.6 and 3 gigs of memory max lol.