PDA

View Full Version : manual tranny problem

Mista Lee
10-02-2012, 10:09 PM
So this problem came out of the blue..
5 speed in my vert doesn't want to go into gear sometimes. It seems like this problem only happens with 1-3 gears. When I am able to shove it into gear, the car will want to move forward even when the clutch is fully depressed and also makes a clunking sound coming from the tranny. When in reverse, it's the same thing and a clunking noise is even present.

Weird thing is that these problems go away after driving the car for a couple miles. After that I would be able to go into gear perfectly, but when driving the car after it's cooled down and has been sitting for a couple hours, the problem comes back..

This problem is only when the car is running, when the car is off, i'm able to go through all the gears normally..

Car has an ACT 6 puck clutch, resurfaced flywheel, and a circuit sports short shifter as far as mods dealing with the tranny..

Thanks for any input guys

Nidd
10-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Sounds like clutch isn't fully disengaging. Have you tried to adjust the rod connecting to the pedal master cylinder? Also check the slave on the trans.

Mista Lee
10-02-2012, 10:16 PM
The rod on the clutch pedal has been adjusted a couple times, its actually almost through the whole rod

kilamax03
10-02-2012, 10:30 PM
check your fluid for the master clutch cylinder make sure its full

Mista Lee
10-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Fluid is good.

shift_down
10-03-2012, 07:47 AM
sounds like tranny fluid. When the car warms up, you can shift perfectly? What tranny fluid are you using?
Let me ask you this, If you let the car run for 10 minutes, without driving it, then can you shift good?

if yes, then it is the tranny fluid.

Mista Lee
10-03-2012, 10:11 AM
I remember putting the cheapest Valvoline 7590 that was available at the moment.

I'll see what happens if I let it sit for that long.
Thanks

shift_down
10-03-2012, 10:50 AM
ok cool cool. The if it is the problem, which I believe so, Chage your fluid to Penzoil Syncromesh or RedLine MT-90, those are legit bad ay es es tranny fluids.