PDA

View Full Version : hood popped for SR?

jeremyuhh
10-02-2012, 09:15 PM
so im debating whether to go sr or stay ka for the next 240 im getting

smog isnt a problem for me, i know someone. the only thing im scared of is getting impounded or some ref bullshit. my friend who has a sr, primered hatch, has been daily driving it in cop infested areas (downtown, panorama, paquioma, reseda) and never had a problem. that being said i wanna know for those who live in the ventura county and san fernando valley area, if youve ever gotten your hood popped and what happened?

92s13Widebody
10-02-2012, 11:16 PM
its simple dont be a pussy and ull b ok ive had srs and ive had hoods popped with them just act cool dont try and be smarter then the cop and when he asked u to pop the hood just simply say no i didnt do anything wrong that is giving you the right to make me get out of my car pop my hood to show you something that 1 has nothing to do with what i did wrong 2 has nothing illegal unless on the other hand u just got cought drifting as a cop watches you do it your pretty much fucked and might as well do everything he says to hope he doesnt impound and crush the shit out of it just my :2c: seeing that we live in the same area and have been dealing with these stupid cops around here with my 240s for the last 3 years

singlecamslam
10-03-2012, 12:35 AM
Dont ever say no to a cop popping your hood, that will just piss them off. All you can really do is play dumb and pray. Probably let you go with a ref ticket. Hopefully just a fix it ticket.

Edwin562
10-03-2012, 12:53 AM
If you know your shit, no need to be afraid. I know i have dealt with cops who want to pop my hood, n i have never popped it for them... :) knowledge is key

shevinkool
10-03-2012, 01:00 AM
I have a KA and the cop asked me to pop my hood and I did cause I know I didn't do anything wrong and he saw that I had headers and exhaust but nothing crazy, then he said as long as no engine swaps Im ok with this. I was in laguana beach at the moment

Flipzide
10-03-2012, 01:20 AM
Do whatever you want.

One direction is the legal route and the other is illegal.

SharkMan
10-04-2012, 04:18 PM
Its really up to you, but being smart is always a plus. I've been pulled a hand full of times and a cop has never asked me to pop my hood. But it always depends on the cop and mostly what area your driving in when you get pulled over. Such as if your driving in riverside or sb your less likely to get asked to pop your hood as say ontario rancho area or LA. Plus it the more inconspicuous your swap is helps I.E. bottom mount without a the stock coil pack cover. :2c:

Unfortunetly for me I just went topmount so I'll see how that goes once I get her back on the street.

iveexcaped3
10-04-2012, 11:44 PM
if you get pulled over ask to view the search warrent unless your under probation then play dumb. cops cant search the trunk hood or glove box(if locked) without finding any thing inside the "cab"