PDA

View Full Version : Car starts with key not in the ignition!!!!

Linux2501
09-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Alright well I have been running down electical problems with this car and its a ka24de a/t. it starts with the key not in the ignition. and with the ignition no plugged in. i need help with this problem it starts as soon as you put the connection either positive or negative on the battery and now my my relays do not click on please help???? ive replaced the starter relay and the ignition please help.

alzahakar
09-29-2012, 11:07 AM
So basically, without the ignition switch even plugged into the harness, the car starts up when you connect the battery?

Does the starter stay engaged after it starts? It sounds like the starter solenoid and ignition circuits are somehow hardwired to the battery terminal.

Linux2501
09-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Its the matter of wires crossing somewhere I'm trying to find out but nobody can help me what wires go into the big blue relay is it black and brown or is it black someone help with this i. Unplugged the ecu and all nder the dash is it with the relay or what??? Does anybody have Picts of the wires going from the relay box by the battery??

tac 1
09-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Similar thing happened to me before except my motor would start cranking on acc mode. I found out what the problem was by taking out the fuse 1 by 1 until the problem goes away. I think it was the windshield wiper fuse for me, it could be different for you. Start with that process and check your wires (loose, exposed etc..) specially under neath your driver fender. Mine was all chewed up and most were touching each other from my suspension set up.

Linux2501
09-29-2012, 12:09 PM
I'll give it a try but can u tell me what your blue starter relay the larger wires please?

EnemyS15
09-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Look up your car's factory service manual , EL section and trace what you need. Nico has them listed.

1fastser
09-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Why start a new thread?

Linux2501
09-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Look up your car's factory service manual , EL section and trace what you need. Nico has them listed.

I have the fsm and its not helping anything if someone can send me a pict of their interlock relay wires it will help me figure this out and if there is a way to test it. not to mention my relays will not click any solution there? theres 12v going to them

chrism4505
10-08-2012, 06:33 AM
If there is a aftermarket alarm with remote start, that is what the problem might be. I do alarms and its not uncommon for a cheap or even a good alarm not installed right to do same thing. If you have one, find brain for it and unplug. I can go into detail why it does it but writing this from phone.