PDA

View Full Version : Question about Stich wheels

Flicktitty
09-27-2012, 01:54 PM
I picked up some Stich Mesh wheels awhile ago gonna have them cleaned up and put on the 240 over winter. I was wondering does anyone know anything about these wheels? What the model is called? Or What year they could be from? Was stich just a rebraned Work wheel?

Also does anyone know the tread pitch of the center caps? Looking at getting some different ones cause these are beat up and im looking for some replacements. Or what caps might fit?
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o624/axisracingwi/Stich/IMG_2385.jpg

yokotas13
09-27-2012, 03:08 PM
stich mesh iirc

just another random multipiece wheel from the 90s. i had a few sets, sold a few sets. not bad wehels.
use the same centercaps as the same era works for sure.

I use dishes from my emitz on a set

Flicktitty
09-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Awesome, Thanks! Thats kind of what i was wondering if Work stuff works on them.

fliprayzin240sx
09-28-2012, 09:51 AM
stich mesh iirc

just another random multipiece wheel from the 90s. i had a few sets, sold a few sets. not bad wehels.
use the same centercaps as the same era works for sure.

I use dishes from my emitz on a set

Did Stich actually manufactured their own wheels or was it outsourced to other larger companies like Koenig WRVs to SSRs?

yokotas13
09-28-2012, 11:09 AM
not 100% sure at this moment. i remember reading something on the tag of the wheel that insinuated it. but i cannot speak to any certainties

fliprayzin240sx
09-28-2012, 11:17 AM
I figured with the quality of Stich wheels, that they made their own. Its not quite the same quality/craftsmanship as some of the bigger wheel companies like Work. Then again, they are old ass wheels.

Flicktitty
01-29-2013, 04:20 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows the thread pitch on the bolts for these wheels? Having a friend redoing the wheels and would like to have a couple spares just incase anything were to happen.

lougskypes
02-01-2013, 12:59 AM
me too, Thanks! Thats kind of what i was wondering if Work stuff works on them.thanks you http://www.maxin.us/imax/images/3.gif