PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure Regulator

Zalo
09-23-2012, 10:43 PM
So i'm 99% sure my fuel pressure regulator is garbage.
I did a fuel pressure check on the fuel in-line after the fuel filter and got a reading of 47psi while idling and gassing it. no bueno
Megan Racing (http://www.meganracing.com/product_detail.asp?prodid=642&catid=73)
I was looking at getting a Megan Racing Fuel Pressure Regulator^ but when reading the description I noticed it says, "NOT A RISING-RATE REGULATOR."
That tripped me out bc i'm not sure what kind the stock fpr is.
From my understanding the stock fpr is supposed to be at 34psi while idling and 42psi while on the gas. (for many reasons)
My concern is whether or not the new fpr will work the same way.
As you can imagine with my fpr running at 47psi, my car is running rich, and ill tell ya'll its not helping my gas millage.
On top of that i'm getting fumes in my car which makes me think twice about lighting a cig in my car and makes me feel like I need to nap all the time. lol
So can some one please enlighten me.
I'm wanna get this problem fixed as soon as possible for obvious reasons.
Thanks for looking, and commenting.

P.S. My engine is an S13 ka24de. Just in case that bit of info can throw one off.

jr_ss
09-24-2012, 06:00 AM
There are a few places that one could cheap out on, fuel related components are not one of them. Stop looking at knock-off garbage and buy quality parts. Nismo, Tomei, Sard, and Aeromotive are all examples of quality parts manufacturers that make fuel pressure regulators, invest in one of those companies...

Croustibat
09-24-2012, 06:46 AM
Your FPR is supposed to be at intake pressure + 45psi, meaning either it is gone, or the hose connecting it to the intake mani is leaking.

Want a good FPR ? Get an oem one, or an aeromotive one.

Zalo
09-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Hmm they are all expensive.
Ill just go with OEM to be on the safe side. (cheaper side)
Thanks for the help though.

Croustibat
09-26-2012, 06:09 AM
Yes, they are expensive. Because they work.

Dont bin your FPR, check your hoses. If your FPR is always at the same pressure, it means the hose going from the intake mani to the FPR is leaking. A dead FPR usually does not hold any pressure.