PDA

View Full Version : Preferred web hosting provider?

240jake
09-21-2012, 04:32 PM
Just curious if anyone here has a preferred web host, ive been using these guys for a couple years and they are awesome.

https://billing.handsonwebhosting.com/

Good prices and the support helps you out alot, looks like they just started offering cloud hosting as well so i thought id rep em.

Let me know, im specifically wondering if anyone has any thoughts on good VPS providers as well.

exitspeed
09-21-2012, 05:15 PM
I've used Dremamhost since 07 and LOVE them. I've dealt with clients sites who uses gaterhost and godaddy (biggest joke) and the options and ease of use with dreamhost make it the best provider I've worked with. The support is RIDIC as well. I know a lot more now then I did in 07 but the problems are addressed quickly no matter your experience with the situation. I run a site that gets 12,000-20,000 hits a month and I can't afford shit to go down, and (knock on wood) it VERY RARELY does. Like ever.

kalypso123
09-21-2012, 05:24 PM
1and1 is nice, 24 hours support.

but I've never run any large sites on it.

S14DB
09-22-2012, 12:20 AM
Just curious if anyone here has a preferred web host, ive been using these guys for a couple years and they are awesome.

https://billing.handsonwebhosting.com/

Good prices and the support helps you out alot, looks like they just started offering cloud hosting as well so i thought id rep em.

Let me know, im specifically wondering if anyone has any thoughts on good VPS providers as well.

Deleted your affiliate link. We view them as spam.

SimpleS14
09-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Dreamhost if you want to use Google Authenticator (2FA). I'm using Hostmonster and really like it too.

240jake
09-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Right on thanks for everyone's input, wasn't trying to spam haha was genuinely curious who here was into the web hosting world.

exitspeed, are you a web developer as well? If so whats your favorite ecommerce platform?

LEG1T
09-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Good experiences with Bluehost.

90S13Pilot
09-24-2012, 02:59 PM
inmotion hosting. The best hands down.

exitspeed
09-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Right on thanks for everyone's input, wasn't trying to spam haha was genuinely curious who here was into the web hosting world.

exitspeed, are you a web developer as well? If so whats your favorite ecommerce platform?

Yeah. I haven't done a lot with ecommerce platforms actually.