PDA

View Full Version : Presently available SOHC CARB legal parts/modifications? aka Califonia Sucks

Bambi
09-11-2012, 09:18 PM
So after doing some searching I've just come up with really old threads with little or mixed up information and sometimes the information I do find is just about the KA24DE and not the KA24E.

I live in SoCal :picardfp: and all the ref ticket/cop stories and such are horrifying. Luckily I myself don't drive like an ass and have NEVER been pulled over in any of the 6 cars I've owned despite the heavy amount of cops that roam around all the time where I live. But in the event that I do, I do want to risk getting into any trouble and or having to pay some fines/tickets or worse.

So my question is what CARB legal parts are available on the market today for the KA24E that are worth it in any way? Any good sleeper exhaust systems/set ups, etc. that haven't got you any trouble? Any things I can do the internals or other and still pass smog?

Any information and help is highly appreciated. :)

Lunghz
09-11-2012, 10:23 PM
You could get a high flow cat(around $200 for CA legal one), search around google for exhausts and headers if your not going turbo go for 2.5 inch piping(same with cat). not any giant improvements but its something :)

Bambi
09-11-2012, 10:39 PM
I plan on staying N/A. And specific brands/products and links to where I could buy them from would be helpful too. :)

Because I've already tried the whole Google search but end up just stumbling upon people arguing whether something really is smog/carb O.K.

example: DC headers

tapdeznutz
09-11-2012, 11:16 PM
your answer is ZERO. but everyone rolls with intake exhaust headers, etc u get the picture.

Bambi
09-14-2012, 10:16 PM
your answer is ZERO. but everyone rolls with intake exhaust headers, etc u get the picture.

:faint:

Okay, well, shit. There's that. :(