PDA

View Full Version : Reduce body roll, increase grip in my DD?

solo_ryder
09-11-2012, 06:41 PM
S14

Have rsr race springs and kyb's, also have 225s front 245s rear on 17x9s..

Looking to reduce roll and gain some more grip for fun times on the canyon runs. Not into drifting just grip driving, also like my ride comfort as i like to take long trips hence the springs

What do you guys recommend for my next mods.? Sway bars? Strut bars? All arms and bushings under car are stock and in good shape

future
09-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Metal bushings

DJPimpFlex
09-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Buy my sway bars!

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/471549-s13-progress-sway-bars-f-r.html

4x4le
09-12-2012, 05:28 AM
Springs and strut combos really are going to limit you on how much body roll your going to rid yourself of. Even with good sway bars (which is the next step you should take) your going to end up with probably more roll than you like. Metal bushings are probably something you dont want if you like long trips and ride comfort and really have little to do with roll, more with rigidity.

Look into kw suspension if your want a coilover with a good ride. Just be prepared to pay for it. They are typically too soft for my taste but every car I have ridden in with kw suspension rode really good even being really low.

PoorMans180SX
09-12-2012, 06:40 AM
You definitely need sway bars. The next thing that is going to limit your grip and fun times is your front camber though, and with those giant-size stock springs up front, there's not much you can do unless you can extend your lower control arm.

I'd recommend looking into coils like Fortune Auto or FEAL. To me the ride on both of these is better than with springs and struts.

The McPherson strut suspension design really needs a lot of static negative camber to maintain it during body roll.

solo_ryder
09-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. Coils may be a option for me but I would be wanting something with a lower spring rate obviously for my extensive drives. I was looking at Stance LX+ for abit but there are so many coilovers out there its confusing to what is decent and what isnt as everyone has a different opinion on whats best for the cash. KW is gonna be outa my price range unfortunately.

I think I may go with sway bars next. Should I invest in both front and rear or just the front? What are the best brands to go with for the money? I am familiar with Whiteline products from my last car, are they any good for s14's? I seem to question their endlink durability... I hear progress sways are good as well? I should point out I have a LE model so I already have a rear stock sway bar installed.

DJPimpFlex
09-12-2012, 07:12 PM
For a grip car adjustable sway bars are a must. The progress bars are awesome and I would be running them if they were bent differently. My wheel hits them reducing my angle and in drifting that is the worst.

Te37
09-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Geomaster knuckles. They bring your suspension arms to how they were originally when nissan made them. I have ordered a set, and from the reviews i have read they reduce roll and are grip monsters, with the correct set up of course.
Paired with my sway bars, front brace, spl arms, and tein flex coils they should do good....im going for grip aswell.

PureRush
09-13-2012, 01:44 PM
I would skip sway bars and just go with a nice set of coils

solo_ryder
09-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Geomaster knuckles. They bring your suspension arms to how they were originally when nissan made them. I have ordered a set, and from the reviews i have read they reduce roll and are grip monsters, with the correct set up of course.
Paired with my sway bars, front brace, spl arms, and tein flex coils they should do good....im going for grip aswell.

That sounds like a sick setup!

Is there a lot of maintenance involved in gettiing a sway bar with spherical hiem joints? I notice some barss have there and some have what seems to be urathane oem style links..