PDA

View Full Version : dimensions for drilling crank angle sensor?? and also flywhee question please!

yaldizzle
09-11-2012, 11:23 AM
hey guys, im planning on dropping my tranny this weekend to drill the hole for the cas cause i have to pass inspection real soon.
i searched all the forums and google and stuff for measurements on where the holes are suppose to be drilled. i know where it's suppose to go ontop of the the bellhousing, but i need the measurements of where the holes need to be exactly. people said that it has to be drilled in the correct spot or it wont work.
also, do i have to get a s14 flywheel for the cas to read it? or will the s13 flywheel do the trick. cause after searching for the cas info, i came across a thread stating the the s14 flywheel has magnets in them for the cas to pick up. is this true?

and if possible, is there anywhere else i can drill the holes so i dont have to drop my tranny? all responses will be greatly appreciated.
thank you

yaldizzle
09-11-2012, 10:53 PM
anyone?
i just need the measurements of where to put the hole.
and my flywheel question answered. pleaseeeeeeeeee!

bunny13
09-12-2012, 01:54 AM
Search for pictures of s14 trannies. Install your CAS in the same location as those. Be sure to shim the sensor properly as it may stick too far into the bell housing and get sheared off by the flywheel. There really are no measurements. Just use your eyecrometers