PDA

View Full Version : s13 tension rods

chewyrps13
09-09-2012, 07:35 PM
im looking for a set of tension rods that function looking to spend no more than 40 shipped txt me 2096587999

Edwin562
09-09-2012, 08:22 PM
i got stock 180sx tensions off my clip. LMK if your interested.

chewyrps13
09-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Ment to say aftermarket ones sorry

Kaomon
09-09-2012, 09:24 PM
yea with that kind of budget, good luck finding some aftermarket ones. That budget is more in lines with stock tension rods with ES bushings at best. If you do find some for $40, I would be very very iffy about the condition of them.

chewyrps13
09-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Well considering there 60 new shipped on eBay I don't think it would be hard to find some used ones for 40 bucks so thanks for the info but not needed.

Kaomon
09-09-2012, 11:31 PM
uuugghh, do yourself a favor, if you aren't willing to pay $60 for a new set from "ebay" which is really cheap and really crappy when it comes to tension rods, I suggest not even having this thread at all. It clearly suggests that you don't the financial stability in the first place to be modding your car at all, and the only things you are doing are wasting your our own time and bandwidth.

"You gotta pay to play"

chewyrps13
09-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Excuse me but no one is asking for you too post at all do you really have nothing better to do I can buy whatever I want I have the money I thought I'd try here first. So please keep to your self and don't post back thank you.

Clutchkick Murphy
09-10-2012, 06:40 PM
I have a set of ISIS ones used for $85 shipped. You won't find good stuff for $40, sorry it's not possible unless someone is paying off a Mob debt by midnight and they are having a firesale.

chewyrps13
09-10-2012, 08:37 PM
Not looking for a good set don't need to spend a lot of money on something someone ain't gona see besides me honestly

Bernie (NoVA)
09-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Not looking for a good set don't need to spend a lot of money on something someone ain't gona see besides me honestly

FWIW - ebay parts are made w. low quality bearings, metals are of unknown quality and the finish falls off. It's not about "seeing" it that matters, its the fact that when the junk breaks you can crash your car and injure yourself and others.

@ $40 you are better off replacing the bushings in your stockers then installing used crap parts. If your budget increases I have a nice set of Kazama S13 tension rods w. great condition bearings available.

chewyrps13
09-11-2012, 10:41 PM
I drive the car 12 miles to work and home round trip I have an 08 Chevy Malibu I use to get somewhere far or to drive comfortably I do not see the pint in spending more than the 60 for the eBay ones when I drive it 12 miles a day. If it was my drifter and was actually nice to look at I would go all out and buy some pbm ones in a heart beat without a second thought but this is not the case.

Close this I just bought some new ones

Bernie (NoVA)
09-12-2012, 05:58 AM
I drive the car 12 miles to work and home round trip I have an 08 Chevy Malibu I use to get somewhere far or to drive comfortably I do not see the pint in spending more than the 60 for the eBay ones when I drive it 12 miles a day. If it was my drifter and was actually nice to look at I would go all out and buy some pbm ones in a heart beat without a second thought but this is not the case.

You<------------------------------------------------------------------->the point

GLW your purchase.

Neverliftchassisworks
09-12-2012, 01:32 PM
FWIW - ebay parts are made w. low quality bearings, metals are of unknown quality and the finish falls off. It's not about "seeing" it that matters, its the fact that when the junk breaks you can crash your car and injure yourself and others.

@ $40 you are better off replacing the bushings in your stockers then installing used crap parts. If your budget increases I have a nice set of Kazama S13 tension rods w. great condition bearings available.

Preach..............

jdmlivin
09-13-2012, 04:51 PM

Well said my friend.

chewyrps13
09-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Dead thread

Fist Pump Yo Face
09-15-2012, 01:12 PM
i have actually seen megan tension rods for sale in good condition for 40 bucks just gotta wait. Sometimes the stuff you want doesn't pop up till you bought a seat already haha.

Clutchkick Murphy
09-22-2012, 02:40 PM
I have a nice set of stock ones that have VERY good bushings off of a front clip I imported...they came off a 1996 180sx (S13) I can do $28 shipped and paypal'd if you need some with better bushings or yours bent or whatever....just trying to help without getting some jank ones from China that will break and kill you or some family in a damn mini-van.