PDA

View Full Version : problems starting car..[1991 Honda Civic Hatchback dx ED6]

xBandiTx
09-09-2012, 01:04 AM
First off im not sure if this is the right place to post this but my car is a 1991 Civic hatch not a 240sx (sorry guys trust me i really want a 240 but i needed a car at the time and i couldnt pass this deal lol)

anyways about a week ago when I tried starting my car to go out to meet with some friends, i sat in and tried turning it on but it wont start. It turns over and than i smell gas. So i talked to my dad and he said it means theirs no spark meaning the ignition coil is out, a fuse is blown, or spark plugs. I believe my dad did try the spark plugs and said he got ha spark but ill double check with him. So now it comes down to the Ignition coil or fuse.

heres my problem.... the apartments I live in dont allow ANY car maintainance what so ever! My dad & I got ycomplained at for jumping our cars and having the hoods open. so i cant really go check the car because theyll complain unless i go ninja and do it at night. For the honda guys on here is this a known problem? the car was driving fine the day before but than all of a sudden this happened.

so again sorry if I posted in the wrong sections, mods please move to appropiate section, just didnt see a place to post this seeing as its not a 240 question.

kaidohms
09-09-2012, 01:37 AM
main relay?

Josh400
09-09-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm pretty sure the Nissan guys will help you out. But why Zilvia? Should of gone to a Honda forum. Any way good luck

Touge180
09-09-2012, 06:32 PM
I've had a couple of these they have a lot of distributor issue's its gonna be the igniter in the distributor more than likely if its turning over but not starting.

xBandiTx
09-10-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm pretty sure the Nissan guys will help you out. But why Zilvia? Should of gone to a Honda forum. Any way good luck
Well tbh Im kinda lazy to register on another forum I know thiers some honda guys on here.

i apologize for my laziness, Im planning to get rid of this car by the end of the month and get a s13 coupe hopefully!!!

I've had a couple of these they have a lot of distributor issue's its gonna be the igniter in the distributor more than likely if its turning over but not starting.

yea its turning over but the engine won't start, than i smell gas!

sucks cause my car isnt registerd (it has a si manifold, came like that smh-___-) so icant get it to pass smog. and it wont start so f my life lol.

im not too mechanic savy yet but imma have my dad check it out.

xBandiTx
09-10-2012, 12:10 AM
by igniter you mean ignition coil correct?

RiversideS13
09-10-2012, 01:54 AM
have you check OBD1 jumper code? see if any error registered.

xBandiTx
09-10-2012, 08:58 PM
have you check OBD1 jumper code? see if any error registered.

How do you go about doing that? I wish I was more tech savy -___-

RiversideS13
09-11-2012, 12:19 AM
ah my bad 91 is OBD0

*HOW TO* check OBD0 Codes - SoCalCivic.com (http://www.socalcivic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3886)

Diagnostic Port for OBD1 1.5 Civic/Cranks but don't start - no spark - Honda-Tech (http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1697091)

xBandiTx
09-11-2012, 09:00 PM
My dad & I tested it today and theirs no spark at all so were guessing its the Ignition Coil, imma see about that OBD0 as well! Thanks for the help guys hope to get my problem resolved, driving automatic is boring =\

Touge180
09-13-2012, 06:14 PM
looks like someone may have converted it to mpfi(multi point fuel injection) unless you have a d16a6?What motor do you have?

bkt808
09-13-2012, 08:39 PM
my apartment area is like that also, not allowed to work on our cars but thanks to the :coold: security they kind of slack on the rules they let us tenants do basic things on our cars, i said F that thats not enough and swapped a rb25 in my s13 in their parking lot lmao