PDA

View Full Version : What do you want in CF?

amarx2002
09-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Hey guys, Ive been working on a business plan of mine for a while. I'm starting a carbon fiber business to make carbon car parts. I'm just doing a little research to see what is popular and what's not. The question is, what what would you guys would like to see made from CF for the S-chassis? Obviously the basics, hood, deck lid, fenders, possibly doors, front lips, spoilers, and so on. Interior pieces will be developed as well. Center consoles, possibly dashes, different covers and panels, engine compartment pieces, etc. So tell me what you guys want to see in carbon(will be available in colored carbon and carbon kevlar) for the s-chassis. If i get some good feedback on here I'll do some testing intro prices and what not for Zilvia. I look forward to seeing what you guys want.

Thanks,
Alex

Kingbaby
09-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Well you stated everything already...

I've seen a couple folks on various sites start up this same deal. In the end start with a test/promo car and do everything to it so that you have pics on hand of said work! That's where the money comes in fast is if work is quality, like interior pieces where buttons go that buttons still work after being wrapped!

Also if you can do direct replacements would be even better for those purist...

Also the ability to receive and ship back interior parts to customers in a timely fashion!

Good luck

amarx2002
09-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Well you stated everything already...

I've seen a couple folks on various sites start up this same deal. In the end start with a test/promo car and do everything to it so that you have pics on hand of said work! That's where the money comes in fast is if work is quality, like interior pieces where buttons go that buttons still work after being wrapped!

Also if you can do direct replacements would be even better for those purist...

Also the ability to receive and ship back interior parts to customers in a timely fashion!

Good luck

That's what my car is going to be. Rolling example. But I personally dont like the look of raw carbon fiber in large quantities so mine is getting painted once the pieces are on and perfected and ive snapped some pics. I've already started on it. Just seeing what specific things people want that aren't necessarily made or easy to come by. I'll do the basics to my car but would also like to see what odds and ends everyone is looking for to add to my development.

gunmetalr32
09-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Everything!!!!

MrSanchez925
09-07-2012, 11:25 PM
rear back seat deletes for the s13 hatch.

I know they exist but I cant find them =(

alexander240
09-08-2012, 12:29 AM
240sx Centerconsole! i would so buy it instantly the have them for RHD but not LHD =/

240sxDavid
09-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Dash I can't wait see, door panel. How long is development usually?

Kingbaby
09-08-2012, 03:29 AM
See I know in the Z community wrapping is cool and all but direct replacement would be boss

yokotas13
09-08-2012, 10:46 AM
rear back seat deletes for the s13 hatch.

I know they exist but I cant find them =(
origin you tard

!Zar!
09-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Most of the 'carbon fiber' stuff made for our cars is simply a carbon overlay, with fiberglass under it; costs are kept lower and you get the look.

Are you planning on making wet or dry carbon parts?

Keep in mind Kognition is currently doing some carbon work for our cars.

speedgod^s13
09-08-2012, 05:08 PM
Most of the 'carbon fiber' stuff made for our cars is simply a carbon overlay, with fiberglass under it; costs are kept lower and you get the look.

I thought that Kognition, stopped making dress up parts, and were only concentrating on race specific parts? I remember when they made interior parts, and I was too broke to buy any. Then, they announced that they would stop making them. It was a sad day, because their work is outstanding. I'd be really happy, if they start making dress up parts again.

To the OP, I'd really love to have a LHD center console, with ashtray. S13 Rear seat delete (I know that origin makes one, but if you can beat their price, that would be a good selling point)

Matej
09-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Craft Square mirror replicas.

Because the new ones are just overlays. :(

snags
09-08-2012, 07:10 PM
carbon over fenders are always pure secks.. i know ive also been looking for a small hatch/trunk lip made in carbon.

amarx2002
09-08-2012, 10:41 PM
No overlays here. That's what i wanted to avoid. Im a function>form kind of guy so it will be straight carbon. No glass. It's gonna be a wet process. Separate fiber and resin. then vacuum bagged and infused. As far as development time goes it really depends on the part. Obviously a seat delete panel will be harder to make than a trim piece, etc.

STEEZxIT
09-09-2012, 12:14 AM
i've been wanting someone to make rear windshield louvres for s chassis forever. so, you know, do that.

snags
09-09-2012, 06:32 PM
^^^^ this, i would sooo buy it. also, floor scuff panels? like the plastic ones under the doors

mr.nismo.
09-09-2012, 07:00 PM
center console lid with holes drilled for diy armrest cup holders, cluster bezel, and interior door handles/covers around them

speedgod^s13
09-09-2012, 08:15 PM

I emailed Kognition, and they are NOT doing anything dress up related for our cars.

Redsunz916
09-09-2012, 08:30 PM
A carbon fiber roof for convertible s13's...

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Brian
09-09-2012, 08:30 PM
CF windows.

mr.nismo.
09-09-2012, 08:37 PM
oooooo even better, i have a push start and i hate the fat hole where the ignition tumbler used to be. id but a carbon fiber steering column cover without a hole for an s13 from you asap

amarx2002
09-09-2012, 09:20 PM
i've been wanting someone to make rear windshield louvres for s chassis forever. so, you know, do that.

Like the coupe side glass louvers? Please elaborate. Center console is for sure in the works. My idea was a center with no glove box or cup holder thing or anything, just straight race car center. But if the mass majority wants a working glove box and what not, ill work on it. Definitely a steering column trim piece with no key hole as im going straight push button on my build too.

mr.nismo.
09-09-2012, 09:25 PM
if you made just a center console lid lmk, i use my center console lol. and when you have the steering column pieces ready post em up

TheRealSy90
09-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Coupe sunroof delete. /thread.

Tantwoforty
09-09-2012, 10:57 PM
my boss runs a custom carbon fiber company, he makes custom pieces for people like gas doors and center couscous and wings and hatches and stuff.. its pretty crazy

OutlawLui
09-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Rear seat delete cover

Roof spoilers

And definetly moon roof delete covers that you can ribit on

yokotas13
09-10-2012, 08:24 AM
CF roof spoiler for under 100? lulz

OutlawLui
09-10-2012, 08:55 AM
There fixed it

blueshark123
09-10-2012, 09:16 AM
s13 already have a rear seat delete panel so i think you should make a s14 one also. i think fuse cover lids in the engine bay would be good. I know you will have a huge market for sunroof deletes since so many want them still and kognition stopped making it. i wouldnt bother making hoods and wings there is already enough competition. Make new things no one can get

Walperstyle
09-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Chassis. That is all.

Edit: OP, I'm not going to talk smack against your business, maybe you know some miricle way to make a better product then others, but unless you can offer it for cheap, nobody here is going to be able to afford it. Your moulds will cost thousands of dollars to make before you even get started. Then, you need to have the proper oven to make it legit carbon fibre. It says you are 20 years old, I'm just scared its another 'dreamer' thread.

If you have that kind of capital, then play ball and god speed.

STEEZxIT
09-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Like the coupe side glass louvers? Please elaborate.

i meant like delorean/starion etc etc.

http://i49.tinypic.com/fp5a3r.jpg

hOngsterr
09-13-2012, 12:17 PM
s13 cooling panel...

godrifttoday
09-13-2012, 12:20 PM
i want a porsche 930 carbon fiber shell