PDA

View Full Version : chassis option opinions

whatsastance
09-04-2012, 11:47 PM
alright so i have 2 options on chassis that i will be buying, and they're both 95 s14's. one of which is only 20 minutes and it's a buddy of mine's. the other is about 2 hours away. they're both auto, the farther one is swapped but i don't know how well and it doesn't run. my friends would run and he has all the parts just needs to be put together, (he was gonna swap it but ran out of cash). The one 2 hours away is an se and has the five lugs, and doesn't really have rust other than a few parts starting on the rear quarter and one rocker. my friends has a considerable amount on the quarters and some on the underside, and under the battery tray. i guess i'm thinking would it be better to get the one i know is untouched other than taking shit out and dealing with the rust or get the one farther away that i don't know what they did with any of the wiring or their swap?

Silentoreo34
09-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Honestly the cleaner chassis one or just a clean chassis in general. Working on clean chassis makes things X100 easier no rusty bolts, no fixing rust, no rust problems. If you plan on keeping this car for a good amount of time my be wise to look harder/even travel for a clean chassis because in the long run be better/easier/cheaper than try to fight/fix rust

I personally traveled 8 hours south to get mine and has 235k on the chassis but is cleaner than most 240's in the midwest because I don't have rust. I also got mine 100% stock so I was able to do everything my way which was even better.

whatsastance
09-05-2012, 12:32 AM
yeah i feel ya i don't know how i'd get something so far away back however i'm starting this project due to me not having a license unfortunately but maybe if i find a nice running one with a nice shell i can get someone to drive it back but otherwise fuel for my friend to tow it would be outrageous lol

Silentoreo34
09-05-2012, 12:37 AM
yeah i feel ya i don't know how i'd get something so far away back however i'm starting this project due to me not having a license unfortunately but maybe if i find a nice running one with a nice shell i can get someone to drive it back but otherwise fuel for my friend to tow it would be outrageous lol

Still should find a clean chassis with or without a license you will get more piss off/mad at trying to fix rust and fight rust than just finding a good clean shell.

whatsastance
09-05-2012, 12:43 AM
yeah i've been doing bodywork for over a year, and have access to a brand new body and automotive shop at school which was why i was questioning. the one 2 hours away the rails are flawless and the rest isn't rotting through or anything so i was probably gonna go that route. but i'll see what else i find.

whatsastance
09-05-2012, 12:44 AM
and i wonder is 500 a good price for a kouki front with aftermarket fenders and a carbon fiber hood?

Silentoreo34
09-05-2012, 01:06 AM
and i wonder is 500 a good price for a kouki front with aftermarket fenders and a carbon fiber hood?

Depends, kinda need more info.

whatsastance
09-05-2012, 06:41 AM
the hood is painted the overfenders are new and the bumper is an origin, the headlights are probably not oem though

whatsastance
09-05-2012, 10:19 AM
s13 shell no rust, with s15 front conversion minus the fenders, s13 sr20 front mount intercooler kit, and one piece drive shaft for 2300 pretty good deal?

isaac
09-08-2012, 04:01 PM
definatly go with the one closer it will be less hastle to get and if u have any questions about it you can just ask your mate

whatsastance
09-08-2012, 07:32 PM
i ended up finding one with only one rust spot on the quarter that's less than an inch of surface that i'll probably still cut out and weld new metal in lol. (I'm used to honda's and hate corrosion) it's farther than my friends, but i feel it's worth it cause it comes with turbo parts, and has leather interior and all the factory equipment and straight shell.