PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros

exitspeed
09-02-2012, 09:13 AM
WOW. They just released a 10 min gameplay trailer for the new MGS game running on Komani's new engine. Holy shit it looks awesome. I love when the gameplay starts it feels a lot like the original MGS did.

Here's the extended video.

Extended 14-Minute Gameplay Demo - Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (PS3) - IGN Video (http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/01/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-extended-14-minute-demo)

This and GTA4 are really the only two games I'm looking forward to.

Oh and your map/gps thing in the game is Android powered. lol

fliprayzin240sx
09-02-2012, 09:41 AM
I think my PS3 got a boner...

LoneStarSilvia
09-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuu...

Haven't been this excited since the first trailers of MGS2 for PS3 came out.

exitspeed
09-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuu...

Haven't been this excited since the first trailers of MGS2 for PS3 came out.

MGS2 came out in PS2...

240sxcure
09-02-2012, 05:51 PM
Graphics are always spectacular on a Hideo Kojima game, but the story line is so convoluted now it's worthless to follow it.

HyperTek
09-02-2012, 06:10 PM
heard this was played on a pc, but they say it will look the same on ps3.. PS3 should be nearing the end of its lifespan but there have been games that are pushing its boundaries. Hope they improve the stealth in this game, played alot newer games that made more realistic sense as far as trying to be hidden goes.

kornaz
09-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Exit, You meant GTA5 IV Five, Right? 'Cause 4 is long out. :D

odyvia13
09-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Trailer was sick! Can't wait till it comes out.

tricky_ab
09-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Day one for sure...I'll even take the day off of work so that I can veg out and play this in my home theater...

exitspeed
09-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Exit, You meant GTA5 IV Five, Right? 'Cause 4 is long out. :D

Yeah, my bad.

MadScientist
09-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Metal Gear has always been that game you can't stop playing, because everything moves into something else, and the long ass movies/ story line draw you in further!

s14j
09-02-2012, 08:46 PM
This was the best news i heard all year, did you guys hear about the live action movie as well?

Omarius Maximus
09-03-2012, 12:31 AM
I can guarantee you that it's running on a PS3 dev kit. A retail PS3 will not be able to run the game as nicely.

Daniel.
09-03-2012, 12:52 AM
I love the comments on IGN.

KoreaninQuarantine −
This made my snake solid.

Blokeio
It got mine Naked

THEGAMER61269
Blokeio: mine had liquid

qidelephant
THEGAMER61269: that is exactly how they.. came.. up with those names.

Killzoner21
Big Boss Hard

4DOOR_LIFE
09-03-2012, 01:45 AM
Absolutely stunning!!! I had no idea about this game. Definitely one of my all time favorite franchises.

Got chills when he said "Kept you waiting, huh?"

Think I'll watch it one more time before I go to sleep.lol

Day one for sure...I'll even take the day off of work so that I can veg out and play this in my home theater...

Read my mind exactly.

exitspeed
09-03-2012, 07:15 AM
I can guarantee you that it's running on a PS3 dev kit. A retail PS3 will not be able to run the game as nicely.

Man we're having some serious problems with numbers in this thread. Lol i assume you mean ps4 dev kit and there's no way it can be running on ps3...?

nu_born
09-03-2012, 09:07 AM
Yeah, it's tough to tell; but with the PS3 so close to retirement age an the word of and expected announcement from Sony concerning the PS4 on the horizon it just seems to make more sense that this would be running on a next gen dev kit to be released for a next gen system (hopefully not cross-platform).

I just don't see something this beautiful running on my PS3 slim...but then again they have surprised us before, so who knows.

fliprayzin240sx
09-03-2012, 09:47 AM
They better release this on PS3, if they dont, I'm fucking done with Sony after dropping the ball on the PS3. I have the original first gen 60G edition ones and I dont think I've gotten enough use out of it to warrant the original price I paid for it. MGS4 was the only game that was worth playing on the console, everything else fucking sucked and GT4 was a huge fucking let down.

I've gotten more use on my 360 even tho I didnt buy it till 2 years later.

SDnative_t(-_-)t
09-03-2012, 10:16 AM
I missed mgs so much, i was going to buy the ps vita to play the whole collection, lol. Can't wait for this to come out. And GTA V looks good also!

tricky_ab
09-03-2012, 10:35 AM
They better release this on PS3, if they dont, I'm fucking done with Sony after dropping the ball on the PS3. I have the original first gen 60G edition ones and I dont think I've gotten enough use out of it to warrant the original price I paid for it. MGS4 was the only game that was worth playing on the console, everything else fucking sucked and GT4 was a huge fucking let down.

I've gotten more use on my 360 even tho I didnt buy it till 2 years later.

I'd imagine that it will, but I won't be shocked to hear that it's out for PS4. And there's a TON of great PS3 games you're missing out on (though I don't know what type of games you're into so...)

Daniel.
09-03-2012, 11:13 AM
I was reading one of the IGN threads and it was confirmed that the tech demo was "running on a pc system similar to the current gen PS3".

Ground Zeroes is supposed to be a prologue or segway in MGS5, and the FOX engine is being scaled to work on both current gen and next gen systems.

fliprayzin240sx
09-03-2012, 01:35 PM
I'd imagine that it will, but I won't be shocked to hear that it's out for PS4. And there's a TON of great PS3 games you're missing out on (though I don't know what type of games you're into so...)

Thats the thing, I can count with my hands some of the best ones that came out. I'm talking console specific games, not multi consoles. MGS4, God of War III, and Uncharted. I guess I got spoiled back in the days when the PS2 had a boggle of great games that were sony specific. If it wasnt for MGS and GT4, I wouldnt have bought a PS3. Final Fantasy has been on a downward spiral, the FF13 and FF13-2 killed the franchise for me. Once Square went multi console, it just wasnt the same, specially with the linearity of the game. The Uncharted franchise is the only other thing that saved the PS3 from turning into another Sega Saturn.

meteorite_flo
09-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Damn I'm juiced, now I need to fix my ps3(it YLOD 3 times). But for sure I will fix it before this comes out. The story looks awesome.

dontxploitme
09-03-2012, 04:04 PM
damn i had no idea this game was even being made. i only knew about metal gear solid:rising. is that even being made still? lol either way i can't wait! mgs4 is the only reason i even own a ps3

lenox_240
09-03-2012, 05:44 PM
MGS in my point of view has the best graphics and the story line is just awesome.

exitspeed
09-03-2012, 05:49 PM
damn i had no idea this game was even being made. i only knew about metal gear solid:rising. is that even being made still? lol either way i can't wait! mgs4 is the only reason i even own a ps3

No one did. This was was out of left field.

fliprayzin240sx
09-03-2012, 08:19 PM
No one did. This was was out of left field.

Thats what i was thinking too...thought Kojima's last interview was he wants to do something else. I mean shit, if he doesnt want to make another MGS, I'm all about another Zone of Enders game, I'd play the living shit out of it.

PS: I just looked it up and Kojima is working on another Zone of Enders game using the same FOX Engine from MGS5. Instant boner given, just add a sprinkle of water!!! I even forgot they re-digitized to HD the original ZOE games. I might just buy a copy to relive the original.

Zone of the Enders Sequel Confirmed - IGN (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/25/zone-of-the-enders-sequel-confirmed)

LoneStarSilvia
09-04-2012, 05:09 AM
Wait, now that it got mentioned, WTF happened to Rising? My bad on the MGS2 snafu, I meant the one that starting off with snake on the tanker. That was PS2? Dang.

exitspeed
09-04-2012, 06:14 AM
Wait, now that it got mentioned, WTF happened to Rising? My bad on the MGS2 snafu, I meant the one that starting off with snake on the tanker. That was PS2? Dang.

Yeah, Rising is still coming out. DON'T care at all. That game looks like a pile of shit. I have Zeros (see what I did there?) interest in playing that game after seeing the gameplay and the direction it went.

LoneStarSilvia
09-04-2012, 07:08 AM
I'd still check it out, I love some new console MGS content. I'm going to have to get the MGS4 again to brush up on what happened.

I'm a little confused on the timeline though, prequel to MGS5, why not a sequel to MGS4?

blksylv
09-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Rising is supposed to be after mgs4 iirc.

exitspeed
09-04-2012, 08:11 AM
Rising is a Japanese style hack and slash. FYI.

LoneStarSilvia
09-04-2012, 08:36 AM
MGS4 is only $18 brand new on Amazon right, scooped me up another copy.

fliprayzin240sx
09-04-2012, 04:13 PM
I'd still check it out, I love some new console MGS content. I'm going to have to get the MGS4 again to brush up on what happened.

I'm a little confused on the timeline though, prequel to MGS5, why not a sequel to MGS4?

Rising's story line is basically after MGS4 and its all about Raiden. Its a hack and slash with our favorite MGS ninja/cyborg. Saw some of the video, got the same feel to it as God of War and Devil May Cry but with the MGS4 graphics.
1CU687VjXWo

Comes out just in time for Valentines Day so you can go ignore your wife...

tricky_ab
09-04-2012, 05:50 PM
After watching that Ground Zero trailer again, and the new achievements patch...I'm replaying MGS4 this weekend...

conrad_s13.5
09-06-2012, 03:15 PM
^FUUUUuuCK yeah! Doing the same,...so much to relearn again...hahah

so excited.

So lets get to it.

-Thats Big Boss then right?
-so story takes place after snake eater?
-Who's the kid?
-Whos scarface?

read somewhere,...i think ign, theyre guessing scarface dude is either vulgin(sp?) or the fury. Im assuming the titles of 'Zeros' could have something to do with Major Zero right?

also read that maybe this is the start of the Les Enfants Terribles project. So maybe we'll see little solidus, solid, and liquids running around!?.....lol
sorry for the rambling,. but this is my favorite part,...the guessing,...then figuring out

exitspeed
09-06-2012, 11:07 PM
They think the kid is Raiden...

LoneStarSilvia
09-07-2012, 04:12 AM
Yea some kind of timeline placement would be awesome here. If that is Big Boss, then since this is supposed to be a prequel to MGS5, then 5 is also starring Big Boss?

SimpleS14
09-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Metal Gear Rising looks like some button mashing, fast action fun.

SochBAT
09-07-2012, 05:24 PM
^FUUUUuuCK yeah! Doing the same,...so much to relearn again...hahah

so excited.

So lets get to it.

-Thats Big Boss then right?
-so story takes place after snake eater?
-Who's the kid?
-Whos scarface?

read somewhere,...i think ign, theyre guessing scarface dude is either vulgin(sp?) or the fury. Im assuming the titles of 'Zeros' could have something to do with Major Zero right?

also read that maybe this is the start of the Les Enfants Terribles project. So maybe we'll see little solidus, solid, and liquids running around!?.....lol
sorry for the rambling,. but this is my favorite part,...the guessing,...then figuring out

I thought this took place after MSG Peace Walker? If so, that's Big Boss, their MotherBase is located in the middle of nowhere, and you might get some PMC's to help eventually.

conrad_s13.5
09-08-2012, 05:26 PM
^^ yeah ur prolly right. I never played that one so forgot all about it.
Important plot there I should catch up on maybe??