PDA

View Full Version : Life after my 240's.

theronin
08-28-2012, 05:14 PM
Well Zilvia it's time for our relationship to come to its conclusion. After both of my s14's were stolen and stripped from me, I have decided that as much as I love them I can no longer continue our relationship. I would like all of Zilvia to rejoice with me as I discover my Fast! After 4 months of searching and flying to LA for 3 days to buy her, I have purchased a Candy White 07 VW GTI.

Everyone, I would like you to meet Winnie!

http://mob120.photobucket.com/albums/o181/ron9ne/2012-07-26134547.jpg?t=1346195740

I've owned her less than a month and have already replaced my cam follower and pulled my intake manifold and cleaned my valves.

I will always have a special place in my heart for the 240, but I simply cannot do it anymore.

Rejoice with me as I move on.

Sincerly, Logan

p.s. to all of you Sacramento 240's I will still continue to throw you all love. So next time you see some old guy in a white hatchback throwing you the deuces, you know who it is ;)

KiLLeR2001
08-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Or you can move away from a state with the highest amount of 240sx theft in the country, annoying ass emissions regulations, and ass backwards politics...

Or you can stay in California, leave the community you love, and join the hipster festival that is the VW community.

Good luck either way!

theronin
08-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Or you can move away from a state with the highest amount of 240sx theft in the country, annoying ass emissions regulations, and ass backwards politics...

Or you can stay in California, leave the community you love, and join the hipster festival that is the VW community.

Good luck either way!

Your logic is flawless.

Anyways, thank you for the positive feedback. I was simply sharing my joy, thank god some random from Zilvia was here to bring me back to reality.

Hipster festival? I wasn't aware VW was a hipster associated brand.

Thanks anyways tho.

K_style
08-28-2012, 05:37 PM
Sounds little drama going on .. LOL

Good luck !

exitspeed
08-28-2012, 05:45 PM
I always thought they werea homo brand...

I don't mind those though.

Even after you move on from 240's it's hard to completely leave zilvia behind. I sold my 240 like 3-4 years ago now.

theronin
08-28-2012, 05:50 PM
I always thought they werea homo brand...

I don't mind those though.

Even after you move on from 240's it's hard to completely leave zilvia behind. I sold my 240 like 3-4 years ago now.

I never said i was leaving Zilvia behind. I just said I simply cannot build another 240. I am still very active in off topic and if I am needed in tech help n such.
After perusing the major VW forums for a while I have concluded that they are just like us. They argue about knockoff parts, stance, mods, and everything else. I want to bridge the gap.

KendallH
08-28-2012, 05:52 PM

Yes what a genius idea. Uproot his life, move to a completely different state, just to make driving around in a 15+ year old tuner car easier.

Flawless logic.

Sumslapper
08-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Enjoy your nice new rattle-less purchase! ALways liked the hatchbacks and R32's. And yes there are many hoes in Roseville I love going there for a brew at Yardhouse or D&B.

KiLLeR2001
08-28-2012, 05:55 PM
I never said i was leaving Zilvia behind. I just said I simply cannot build another 240. I am still very active in off topic and if I am needed in tech help n such.
After perusing the major VW forums for a while I have concluded that they are just like us. They argue about knockoff parts, stance, mods, and everything else. I want to bridge the gap.

They are NOTHING like us. NOTHING, you hear me?

Sounds to me like you are giving up. The flame that once kindled inside of you has now been extinguished. The thieves got the best of you, destroyed your enthusiasm. Looks like they won.

There will be no bridging of the gap from that treacherous community, which at times I would consider being exactly like the Honda community, but with a little more money and a lot more douche-baggery.

Punished
08-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Is the euro scene not as popular in California as the east coast? VAG is the Honda scene our end and it has been that way for years.

Own a garage and theft becomes less of an issue. Apartment owning any modified vehicle justs asks for theft.

theronin
08-28-2012, 05:57 PM
They are NOTHING like us. NOTHING, you hear me?

Sounds to me like you are giving up. The flame that once kindled inside of you has now been extinguished. The thieves got the best of you, destroyed your enthusiasm. Looks like they won.

There will be no bridging of the gap from that treacherous community, which at times I would consider being exactly like the Honda community, but with a little more money and a lot more douche-baggery.

only douche around here at the moment is you. no offense, but are you reading what you are spewing?

and yes to the poster above you, Yard House is always good, I know many people who work there. We should meet up for a drink n to shoot the shit about cars sometime!

theronin
08-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Is the euro scene not as popular in California as the east coast? VAG is the Honda scene our end and it has been that way for years.

Own a garage and theft becomes less of an issue. Apartment owning any modified vehicle justs asks for theft.

both of my 240's were stolen while I was at work.

honestly I do not know much about any scene because I have literally been balls deep into Nissan's since the turn of the century. It was just time to own a car that is not over 15 years old.

usdm180sx
08-28-2012, 06:00 PM
Cool my first ever modified car was an '84 Scirocco. Keep us posted on how the nazi tuner community is doing!

HyperTek
08-28-2012, 06:01 PM
i hear that dude, my first car was my 240sx, 2001 to early 2007 i got rid of it due to fear of theft, law enforcement and it just wasnt the same anymore, all the big heads I looked up to all moved on. I did get bored so i got an rx7 which is another story in itself lol, but i still visit zilvia to see whats new here and there etc.

theronin
08-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Cool my first ever modified car was an '84 Scirocco. Keep us posted on how the nazi tuner community is doing!

ya back in 97 I was a hairs breath away from buying a Corrado, which iirc is the kissing cousin to the Scirocco.

theronin
08-28-2012, 06:06 PM
i hear that dude, my first car was my 240sx, 2001 to early 2007 i got rid of it due to fear of theft, law enforcement and it just wasnt the same anymore, all the big heads I looked up to all moved on. I did get bored so i got an rx7 which is another story in itself lol, but i still visit zilvia to see whats new here and there etc.

oh ya Hyper, you and I registered around the same time, I've always considered you a fellow brother. Thanks for all the positive vibes guys, I just wanted to share my love for cars.

HyperTek
08-28-2012, 06:06 PM
I think now is just a really hard time to have a 240sx as your only car daily driver especially when you start putting mods on it. The scene wasnt that bad 8-10 years ago. I know I would be in a better financial state if i didnt get into cars lol

I like the Corrado too

Omarius Maximus
08-29-2012, 12:14 AM
good luck!

I did the same a long long time ago. Ditched the 240, bought a 20th anniversary GTI. Then bought an M3, then a zhp, and then an M roadster, etc.

But yeah, so many nice cars out there, why limit yourself to a 240 (unless you're broke).

future
08-29-2012, 12:21 AM
I tried. But ended up saving 6k in a couple months and blew it all on my vert and parts for a Ls swap. Still no engine haha.

I need to give up but I don't think it will be soon. Not till I finish this one at least

Kingbaby
08-29-2012, 06:48 AM
Op pics of your car?

What did you do to prevent theft?

Just curious!

The love never dies and no VW can replace it...

PRADOgy
08-29-2012, 10:47 AM
"Track only" 240 maybe? and daily a fuel efficient car.

ORRRRR dump your money on a newer z?

11Banger
08-29-2012, 08:32 PM
Glad the army moved me far away from Ca, i love the place & all but damn cali has the highest theft rate & the worst for cars

towlie
08-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Driven one of these. They are actually fun to drive. Look great lowered on some miro wheels.

Ladies always will love a vw

!Zar!
08-29-2012, 10:24 PM
I've never been worried about theft.

Most of the time it is where you live.

One_love_silvia
08-31-2012, 11:05 PM
you'll be back. they ALWAYS come back ;)

theronin
09-01-2012, 01:26 AM
not this time kid.

lucky7
09-01-2012, 03:05 PM

No they don't. :p

Nice VW. Should have bought a BMW though. :D

fliprayzin240sx
09-01-2012, 03:49 PM
Shit, goodluck...think the only way I can get away from S-chassis again is if I get stationed somewhere I can't bring a car again.

Eramo323
09-01-2012, 03:57 PM

^ This
Roseville gets thefts i think because of the whole Rio Linda, South and West Sacramento areas..

theronin
09-04-2012, 03:47 PM
just got her first oil change today! VW had a coupon apparently and a full synthetic change was only 30 bucks!!! had em check my diverter valve for any tears or whatnot, only to be told that i had a very nice aftermarket unit installed that was in very good condition. this car surprises me more and more. now i'm just waiting for my new upgraded fuel filter. =)

theronin
09-04-2012, 03:55 PM
^ This
Roseville gets thefts i think because of the whole Rio Linda, South and West Sacramento areas..

I live in a very nice area of Roseville and work in an even better area of Rocklin, my last s14 was stolen while i was at work in Rocklin on a monday night.

I'm viewing this as a blessing in disguise now.

Matej
09-04-2012, 04:07 PM
VW is the generic daily beater throw-away car of Europe.
It is funny to me how American VW owners put them on a pedestal.
Same with BMW and Mercedes.

theronin
09-04-2012, 04:12 PM
VW is the generic daily beater throw-away car of Europe.
It is funny to me how American VW owners put them on a pedestal.
Same with BMW and Mercedes.

thanks for the positive feedback!

fliprayzin240sx
09-04-2012, 04:48 PM
I live in a very nice area of Roseville and work in an even better area of Rocklin, my last s14 was stolen while i was at work in Rocklin on a monday night.

I'm viewing this as a blessing in disguise now.

Did they ever find the car after it got stolen? Figured most of the time they'd atleast find the shell dumped somewhere if it wasnt taken on a joy ride.

theronin
09-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Did they ever find the car after it got stolen? Figured most of the time they'd atleast find the shell dumped somewhere if it wasnt taken on a joy ride.

ya she was found about 2 months later completely stripped in Lincoln. :-/