PDA

View Full Version : D1 Rules Question

DarkRaptor42
03-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Long time fellas but having a subie and losing my 240 kinda makes that happen. But I have a question for all you d1 fans out there. Ive gotten pretty darn good at slidding my STi around and after this weekend at D1 decided Id try out for the drivers search when it comes around. I was looking at the rules on drifting.com and it didnt say anything about AWD or 4WD cars. Then I hop over to d1gp.com and it says 4wd cars are not permitted. This made me think that maybe AWD cars like the STi and EVO dont count as 4wd cause they are AWD. Make sense? And from what i remember rhyes millen qualified last year in his rally evo right? Anyone know the answer to this??? Thanks for the help fellas.

thx247
03-01-2004, 10:54 PM
AWD...4WD...is there really that much of a difference?

The rules are completely retarded as they stand right now, I say just press the issue and take the car there to compete.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=44373 for more on this topic...but not exactly what you are looking for.

Dousan_PG
03-01-2004, 10:57 PM
no Rhys never qualified
because he never particiapted in the DRIVER SEARCH
he was just invited by event organizers

part of the WWF/D1 politics.

KiDyNomiTe
03-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Make it RWD like the one in SCC.

I'm almost 100% sure you won't make it to D1 in an AWD, 4WD or FWD car.

Even if you did you probably wouldn't do as good as they would or else it would have been done by now.

HyperTek
03-02-2004, 06:19 PM
hey go for it.