PDA

View Full Version : car not starting

greys13
08-16-2012, 06:23 PM
i have a 1992 s13 coupe. I recently replaced the gauge cluster bulbs. When i bought the car it had a ghetto rigged alarm system on it (which I think) is causing the problem. the car was starting at first after putting the gauge back in but after sitting for a day i hear a buzzing sounds from the actually box that is for the alarm and i also hear another buzzing sounds from underneath of the driver side near the radio. I can't really pinpoint where or what is causing the problems. Im stuck until i can find out what is shorting out in the car to get it to come back on

Phil80sxdet
08-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Have you figured this out yet? You can try bypassing the alarm by disconnecting the battery, turning the key to the on position and reconnecting the battery. It's worth a shot, I've had a couple friends bypass their alarm systems in different cars that way

Phil80sxdet
08-18-2012, 07:49 PM
If your not getting any power to the gauges or the car itself seems like it might be wiring issue somewhere behind the cluster? Let me know what fixes it when you get it figured out!!!