Why would you buy one so old

08-15-2012, 09:17 AM
^says the kid on a 240 forum.

uyyC-PkmTss

Stand ups are super fun!

future
08-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Makes no sense?

But anyways. I have two 96 Yamahas but they are two sEater sit downs. Still will dust the mojority of jet skies on the lake. But I never understood the stand ups?

ineedone
08-15-2012, 12:31 PM
^says the kid on a 240 forum.

uyyC-PkmTss

Stand ups are super fun!

All I can think of watching this is this here! nFWT0CPAlO4

HyperTek
08-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Buy an old one because they are dirt cheap on craigslist.

I rented some sit down yamaha wave runners a few weeks ago, first time and it was really fun. I notice the stand up ones are alot smaller, are they as fast?

D.Adams
08-15-2012, 02:10 PM
I use to ride had a 96 650 Kawasaki and a 650 Kawasaki x2 amazing skee's. Had the pump bored out impeller - motor built - pipe and a ride plate on my stand up. My x2 was mostly stock just impeller and a 1" chop off the back.

That video posted is in my home town that's a fun event to go to those guys get fucking crazy.

Need any help pm me I know a lot about stand ups and know people to get hard to find parts.

Chrischeezer
08-15-2012, 02:24 PM
haha... that shit looks pretty crazy.

But I never understood the stand ups?
I'm going to take a guess at this but.... the stand-up type you stand up on... there are no seat(s)
:coolugh:

future
08-15-2012, 02:26 PM
But why? Jut sit like normal people lol

Chrischeezer
08-15-2012, 02:32 PM
most of us are not "normal"..

pogstar
08-15-2012, 02:34 PM
I have a js300 and love it, although I'm getting to the point where I need a bigger motor to push me around haha

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af71/pogstar43/D4F9D953-1FBE-40E4-8D2D-CE627E6DE2D2-6890-00000B5DA73E3938.jpg

iveexcaped3
08-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Why would you buy one so old
because you can buy them for dirt cheap and its fun to go to the river/lake with

Buy an old one because they are dirt cheap on craigslist.

I rented some sit down yamaha wave runners a few weeks ago, first time and it was really fun. I notice the stand up ones are alot smaller, are they as fast?
some of them haul a*s power to weight ration their 3x lighter than sit downs and can do a 180 practically in one line.
I use to ride had a 96 650 Kawasaki and a 650 Kawasaki x2 amazing skee's. Had the pump bored out impeller - motor built - pipe and a ride plate on my stand up. My x2 was mostly stock just impeller and a 1" chop off the back.

That video posted is in my home town that's a fun event to go to those guys get fucking crazy.

Need any help pm me I know a lot about stand ups and know people to get hard to find parts.
i might take you up on that. i just had to rebuild the starter on mine the contact points werent touching. now when i fire it up its like its in WOT without touching any thing. sat for over a year so im guessing a carb clean out and a fresh tank of gas is in need
I have a js300 and love it, although I'm getting to the point where I need a bigger motor to push me around haha

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af71/pogstar43/D4F9D953-1FBE-40E4-8D2D-CE627E6DE2D2-6890-00000B5DA73E3938.jpg

that things clean, mine still has all the foam pads on the front and the sides. taking those off when i get new hydro turf. any recommendations for good turf at a decent price?

D.Adams
08-15-2012, 05:46 PM
k.......................

D.Adams
08-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Just rebuild it the kits are cheep through any local store i even thing autozona sells the makuni kits.

There are tille mods you can do to get more out. You can take the water box out gain a little more power but you run the risk of water getting in the motor on a tip over. I would do it once you became a better rider. Also look into getting a rite plate and a intake grate maybe a skat trak impeller that will also greatly help If your a big guy that 330 is going to have trouble hauling you around.

Here is a forum that im a member of. Lots of good people and willing to help you on most anything shit load of info to.

X-H2O.com (http://www.x-h2o.com)

I hope this helps and remember keep a fire extinguisher on you at all times its a $50 ticket you dont need to pay.

pogstar
08-15-2012, 06:10 PM
that things clean, mine still has all the foam pads on the front and the sides. taking those off when i get new hydro turf. any recommendations for good turf at a decent price?

Thanks man! I like blowsion for ordering most stuff for my ski, they've got a huge selection and pretty solid prices

Here is a forum that im a member of. Lots of good people and willing to help you on most anything shit load of info to.

X-H2O is really good, another good one is pwctoday. I'm a member on both

iveexcaped3
08-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Just rebuild it the kits are cheep through any local store i even thing autozona sells the makuni kits.

There are tille mods you can do to get more out. You can take the water box out gain a little more power but you run the risk of water getting in the motor on a tip over. I would do it once you became a better rider. Also look into getting a rite plate and a intake grate maybe a skat trak impeller that will also greatly help If your a big guy that 330 is going to have trouble hauling you around.
i was looking at getting the worx maxiloader intake grate for the 440/550, pretty sure its all interchangable? im light, on a good day ill get 150 but 6'0.

I hope this helps and remember keep a fire extinguisher on you at all times its a $50 ticket you dont need to pay.
yeah its in there with my reg. dont know if it works or is any good though lol

Thanks man! I like blowsion for ordering most stuff for my ski, they've got a huge selection and pretty solid prices

X-H2O is really good, another good one is pwctoday. I'm a member on both

i just signed up for both of them so ill be on that forum probably as much as i am on this one as long as this stand up doesnt give me to many problems

Hellother
08-15-2012, 07:44 PM
But why? Jut sit like normal people lol

Bc submarining in stand ups is fun. And take skill to ride. and they are fucking awsome. don't knock it till you try it.

pogstar
08-15-2012, 08:28 PM
i just signed up for both of them so ill be on that forum probably as much as i am on this one as long as this stand up doesnt give me to many problems

I think I probably spend an equal number of hours fixing mine as I do riding it lol It's worth it though!

iveexcaped3
08-15-2012, 08:31 PM
lol sounds like my dirtbike..... well it looks like a brand new ebox so i dont think that will be an issue, over the winter might just pull it out and rebuild the whole thing to learn more and have a fresh motor

S14DB
08-15-2012, 09:06 PM
It's all about the SuperJet!

Nissansota240
08-16-2012, 06:56 AM
I think I probably spend an equal number of hours fixing mine as I do riding it lol It's worth it though!

Isn't that the same for 240's haha

My parents just got a lake home so now I have been seriously considering purchasing one to fix up this winter since I'll will have a place to keep it. I like the sit downs but they in no way look as fun as the stand ups that you can do some crazy shit with.

iveexcaped3
08-16-2012, 09:14 AM
It's all about the SuperJet!
Yeah but you can't complain about a js300 for less than $200
Isn't that the same for 240's haha

My parents just got a lake home so now I have been seriously considering purchasing one to fix up this winter since I'll will have a place to keep it. I like the sit downs but they in no way look as fun as the stand ups that you can do some crazy shit with.

Their a lot of fun best low cost(so far) thing I've bought in a while

Nissansota240
08-16-2012, 09:23 AM
For those of you that have one, what is a good recommendation on a stand up jet ski to purchase?

S14DB
08-16-2012, 10:54 AM
For those of you that have one, what is a good recommendation on a stand up jet ski to purchase?
They are all decent for a newb. It's more how much work do you want to put into it. I like Yamaha but there is a lot of kawi fans out there too.

Buy some wetsuit shorts.

iveexcaped3
08-16-2012, 12:36 PM
They are all decent for a newb. It's more how much work do you want to put into it. I like Yamaha but there is a lot of kawi fans out there too.

Buy some wetsuit shorts.

That or just make sure your shorts are tied tight lol

OutlawLui
08-16-2012, 01:09 PM
fucking sweet , makes me wanna buy one

S14DB
08-16-2012, 02:50 PM
That or just make sure your shorts are tied tight lol
Can still go up your shorts. Need the thickness to not get injured.

iveexcaped3
08-16-2012, 05:15 PM
i was talking about the first timers common mistake and jetting their shorts off..... always funny when anyone does it lol

D.Adams
08-16-2012, 05:30 PM
i was talking about the first timers common mistake and jetting their shorts off..... always funny when anyone does it lol

I have been riding stand up's for over 16 years and i do it every once and a while. sometimes i forget to re tie my shorts after a good fall. haven’t really rode in the last 3 years but that’s due to not owning one.

If i was to get one i would buy a SuperJet they just ride so much better than a kawisaki. We have some local companies that stuff 1200cc engines in these things and they scream. Shit just getting a the conversion plate to put a 650 engine into a js300 hull would be bad ass. But you can only push your pump to a certain level before it wont make you go any faster.

iveexcaped3
08-16-2012, 05:58 PM
someone recommended swapping to a bn/sbn38 carb is it better or whats the difference?

Otto347
08-18-2012, 06:54 AM
lol I have always wanted a stand up. Shit id throw $200 in for one and even if I got tired of it id just give it away. Not a bad deal OP

iveexcaped3
08-18-2012, 09:08 AM
hell no my radiator was more expensive than this thing lol registration is only $30, so far one of the cheapest toys i bought lol

adjumn
08-20-2012, 05:47 AM
good ! :) (https://www.xakep.me/)

iveexcaped3
08-22-2012, 01:25 AM
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz251/iveexcaped3/Mobile%20Uploads/imagejpeg_2-6.jpg
this is my ski. this winter i need to sand the bottom and touch up all the "beached" marks