PDA

View Full Version : hello.. moving to ramstein ab:)

562s13
08-12-2012, 08:12 PM
Currently active duty in the air force and im pcsing to ramstein air base.. can anyone tell me what to expect? Besides great beer:D hows the car scene there? How easy to get ahold of aftermarket parts? Any places you'd recommend the wife, son and i can travel to see?

AsleepAltima
08-12-2012, 09:28 PM
travel everywhere. hit the concentration camps too - very surreal. the food and beer is absolutely awesome. i dont know how the car scene is though... i was there in the mid-late 90's and it was cool then but it was primarily german cars - go figure. lol.

fliprayzin240sx
08-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Are you bringing a car? Its hard to find JDM parts if you're bringing an S-chassis there. Easier to get parts from the states more than anything. So if you have bulky car parts, bring that shit with you in your TMO.

I got a couple buddies out there right now. For the most part, Nurburgring is 45 mins away. That was the first thing he did when he got there. You are pretty much in the middle of europe. You can drive in any direction and you can be somewhere different in 4 hrs. Head west and you'd be in Paris, north and you'd be in Amsterdam, south and you'd be in Switzerland, head east and you'd be in Czech Republic.

2sav
08-14-2012, 05:56 AM
I just came back from Baumholder(army base) about 4 months ago. Airforce guys are so lucky, Ramstein is the best post in Germany. You will have fun there specially if you like to travel. There are trips organized by the mwr to different countries. Its pretty cheap so I suggest you hop on that.

Car scene is different, mostly euro cars but alot of jdm cars around are owned by soldiers. I seen supras, skylines, nsx and other rare cars for cheap that you can own while your there but will be hard to bring it back. They have a german CL there if u want a RH drive car.

Parts and labor for vehicles services are ridiculous btw, just use the auto shop for $5 if your mechanically inclined.

Oh be careful driving on the autobahn..no speed limit lol

mattack69
08-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Hit me up when you get here I'm stationed at Spang about a hour north.

562s13
08-14-2012, 04:19 PM
For sure matt and thanks everyone else.. ill check out paris with the wife... Should be fun looking forward to it

mattack69
08-15-2012, 11:30 AM
bring me a navan bumper ;)

562s13
08-15-2012, 04:57 PM
Gimme monies and find it and maybe