PDA

View Full Version : Replacing S14 brakes with Z32

KiwiZenki
08-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Hello Zilvia,
I have a 95 S14 that I will be starting to dissemble soon. First, I apologize if I could find all of my answers someplace else. I understand most the "Definitive Z32 swap guide" but I am wondering what I am missing. I'm a little confused on the e-brake setup/options.

Parts acquired/on order:
Stance GR+Pro coils
OEM 5 lug from FRSports

Parts currently in shopping cart from enjuku:
Circuit Sports Z32 Rear Brake Rotors
Circuit Sports Z32 Front Brake Rotors (26mm)
Agency Power Stainless lines (front and rear)
Hawk HPS pads for Z32 (front and rear)

Other parts needed:
Z32 Calipers
Brake MC
E-brake components (I would consider installing a hydro)
5 lug wheels

Any help would be great, I'm learning about all of this and I'm sure I will run into issues. I do have help installing all of these parts.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt98/automotiveeyecandy/IMG_1477.jpg

Gier

KiLLeR2001
08-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Make sure you get the correct calipers. 26mm calipers were only offered on 1990 Non-turbo 300zx's.

KiwiZenki
08-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Make sure you get the correct calipers. 26mm calipers were only offered on 1990 Non-turbo 300zx's.
I will make sure to specify to PDM that I will be running 26mm. Thanks

zooopreme
08-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Why do you need a hydro?

Based on your list, you NEED to ABSOLUTELY MAKE SURE that you get the 26mm calipers. I would have just gone with the 30mm since they are easier to find & make sure that when you buy the rear drum assembly, make sure the e-brake shoe still has life. Also, you will need to get your hands on R33 cables for the e-brake.

jr_ss
08-12-2012, 03:17 PM
If your car is an auto, you don't need the Z32 BMC. The autos have a larger booster and BMC than the manual cars did and have plenty of brake for Z32s all around. Just a heads up so you are wasting cash.

KiwiZenki
08-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Why do you need a hydro?

Based on your list, you NEED to ABSOLUTELY MAKE SURE that you get the 26mm calipers. I would have just gone with the 30mm since they are easier to find & make sure that when you buy the rear drum assembly, make sure the e-brake shoe still has life. Also, you will need to get your hands on R33 cables for the e-brake. I am planning to do some drifting with the car so I was wondering if I should skip ahead to that upgrade. Ok, I'm not set on 26mm, I've heard the 30mm calipers have trouble clearing some wheels. I will probably be getting SE wheels first, I will be lacking funds for a full wheel set up. I read that the SE wheels clear the z32 setup, is this true for 30mm? Anything besides the rotors and calipers that need to match 26/30? Will the hawk pads work with both? It's either 26mm or 30mm all around? Calipers and rotors that is.

Looks like SE wheels clear 30mm, confirm anyone?

If your car is an auto, you don't need the Z32 BMC. The autos have a larger booster and BMC than the manual cars did and have plenty of brake for Z32s all around. Just a heads up so you are wasting cash. Manual

zooopreme
08-13-2012, 08:43 AM
I am planning to do some drifting with the car so I was wondering if I should skip ahead to that upgrade. Ok, I'm not set on 26mm, I've heard the 30mm calipers have trouble clearing some wheels. I will probably be getting SE wheels first, I will be lacking funds for a full wheel set up. I read that the SE wheels clear the z32 setup, is this true for 30mm? Anything besides the rotors and calipers that need to match 26/30? Will the hawk pads work with both? It's either 26mm or 30mm all around? Calipers and rotors that is.

Looks like SE wheels clear 30mm, confirm anyone?

You don't need a hydro to brake. It's handy but I'm sure a foot brake will serve you well until you get better. Plus it's no substitute for an e-brake.

S14 SE wheels clear & obviously Z32's will also clear.

S13 SE wheels will also clear if you have 15mm spacers, at the very least.