PDA

View Full Version : opinions on carbon fiber trunk

natedizzle
02-26-2004, 09:50 PM
i wanted to know if there is a carbon fiber trunk for a 95 240.. if there is... what are you guys opinions on them.??

NervGS
02-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Get a giant carbon fiber sticker and lay it over your stock trunk.

Carbon fiber trunk = useless. Unless you are insane and have every other body panel made out of carbon fiber.

-glenn

WilloW
02-26-2004, 10:33 PM
Probably going to cost you your nuts, and I don't see why anyway when the s14 trunk is not even that heavy (w/o spoiler).

Ryan of Velocity
02-26-2004, 11:45 PM
Probably going to cost you your nuts, and I don't see why anyway when the s14 trunk is not even that heavy (w/o spoiler).

Unless you're a lightening freak or just want it for the looks it's not worth the money.

OptionZero
02-27-2004, 01:27 AM
I would get it after all suspension and engine work, after i had all other body mods i wanted.
It's a finishing touch, not an integral part...only if ur into that sorta thing.

Matt_240
02-27-2004, 02:10 AM
i wanted to know if there is a carbon fiber trunk for a 95 240.. if there is... what are you guys opinions on them.??

i dont think theres anywhere that sells it but you can probably ask certain shops to make one for you. not worth the money if you ask me..unless your going for show. one of the guys here had his trunk made in carbon fiber and though he does enter shows he also drifts... well the next drift session after the show he hit the wall and his trunk went with it.

Johny5
02-27-2004, 02:28 AM
best weight reduction....EXERCISE! if you're already that thin though, then i'm shit out of ideas.

brokenben
02-27-2004, 02:31 AM
i dont think theres anywhere that sells it but you can probably ask certain shops to make one for you. not worth the money if you ask me..unless your going for show. one of the guys here had his trunk made in carbon fiber and though he does enter shows he also drifts... well the next drift session after the show he hit the wall and his trunk went with it.
even if you have one made.. a custom piece is going to be way too expensive to make it look nice..

No Motiv
02-27-2004, 07:42 AM
:tweak: :eek3:

Why thats sounds like the biggest waste of money.....id have know idea who makes them (why would any company waste their time making them)....but you can get any thing made if you have an ass load of Money!!

Ian
02-27-2004, 07:59 AM
that's why you do it in fiberglass!!! almost as light but it gets painted and the best part? u can do it yourself

Advan
02-27-2004, 08:06 AM
I see no point in getting one myself. Yes they are a waste of money, and depending on the one you get, wet or dry, you have to take care of it alot. I thihnk it's dry carbon that you have to keep waxing it every month or something like that.

HiPSI
02-27-2004, 09:21 AM
why do a carbon hood? come on people, if you're gonna lighten one end why not the other?;) it would definitely lose several LBS off the weight of the car, and when lightening your car if you can lose LBS at a time then it's worth it if that's your goal. especially going from say a trunk with factory spoiler to a spoilerless CF trunk.

natedizzle
02-27-2004, 01:23 PM
well i do have a carbon fiber hood and im going for show. so thats the only reason why i would get one.. i actually think it looks pretty cool

HiPSI
02-27-2004, 02:39 PM
well i do have a carbon fiber hood and im going for show. so thats the only reason why i would get one.. i actually think it looks pretty cool

disregard my defense for you as you just totally went against every reason i used to defend the idea :bite:

Advan
02-27-2004, 03:17 PM
lol, that's one thing I learned when I came to this forum, never mention that you're doing this "for show." At first I wanted to get a 240 and make a show car myself, but then after going to an amatuer car show, and having someone from here, showing disgust that I wanted to make a show car, I decided that I wasn't going that route. Way too much work to do when building a show car, plus I find it rather useless the more I think about it. Reason for that is naturally, some people who build show cars really don't know the ins and outs of the car's potential engine wise. All they think is Air Filter and Turbo.

black s13
02-27-2004, 03:23 PM
theres a shop here that could do it for for (in charlottesville) probably cost you a couple thousand though.

Matt_240
02-27-2004, 03:30 PM
i dont think theres anything wrong with entering shows just as long as you actually drive your car and participate in various motorsports. theres plenty of guys here that drift, drag and autox their show cars.

Initial E
02-27-2004, 04:45 PM

Chargespeed has one coming out for the S14 but the end of March. They also have it coming out for the S13 Coupe and Hatchback. They'll probably be around $650.