PDA

View Full Version : New Initial D Anime Announced!

Dignity
07-30-2012, 08:42 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/xg095l.jpg

Source:
New Anime of Initial D Announced - Forums - MyAnimeList.net (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=470239)
Original Japanese Source:
コミックãƒ*タリム- しげの秀一「é**æ– ‡å*—D」アニメ化〠新シリーズのバムˆãƒ«æã (http://natalie.mu/comic/news/73769)

I translated what's important:
"...A new production of Shuichi Shigeno's Initial D anime has been announced in this week's issue of Weekly Young Magazine, issue 35.

Specific details have not been revealed as of yet, but more information will be provided in Weekly Young Magazine's 36th issue, which will be released on August 6th...."

Keep your eyes open for the anime and your ears open for the new soundtrack!

iyarv_8B5Hw

mowgli 240sx
07-30-2012, 09:02 AM
Initial d ftw!!!!

simmode1
07-30-2012, 09:08 AM
They need to just pick up from where Project D left off. Its still on going in the manga. But it is pretty one dimensional though, at this point. Still, I'm excited about new content.
1pbW-tgI3aE

silverarrow27
07-30-2012, 09:11 AM
They need to just pick up from where Project D left off. Its still on going in the manga. But it is pretty one dimensional though, at this point. Still, I'm excited about new content.

I agree 200%.

Dignity
07-30-2012, 09:15 AM
I'm hoping producers don't just decide to cut costs as soon as they open their mouths about it by just making an OVA to cover what's between the anime and manga. There'd be too much to cover in one OVA for that to happen, so things are looking good in that sense :bigok:

simmode1
07-30-2012, 09:24 AM
I think there's enough new content from the manga for a 26 episode season at the least. Takumi and Keisuke have had, like, what? 3 races each and now Ryosuke's in one? That's like 7 races to cover and they haven't even finished the Sidewinder story arc yet. Gotta race that NSX guy.

But I'll go ahead and say it now. The creator has been wondering what to do with Takumi for a while now. We all know the AE86 has its limitations and the kid can't continue to win with the competition getting stronger and stronger. They've been dropping hints that Takumi needs a new car.

Enter GT86. The timing is just too right not to.
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/425828_320074351363341_185851534785624_829220_1806 091582_n.jpg

Agent S14
07-30-2012, 09:33 AM
My life has meaning again.

FRpilot
07-30-2012, 10:40 AM
But I'll go ahead and say it now. The creator has been wondering what to do with Takumi for a while now. We all know the AE86 has its limitations and the kid can't continue to win with the competition getting stronger and stronger. They've been dropping hints that Takumi needs a new car.

Enter GT86. The timing is just too right not to.

it seems like a natural progression from ae86 to gt86, but he would somehow need to get more power on that car against stronger competition if he gets that.

I would also think Toyota/Saburu would have to pay them a lot of money to write that in? realistically, i see him driving his dad's impreza but they could always write it in that his dad says no, tough luck kid. haha

simmode1
07-30-2012, 11:19 AM
^^^Yeah, I personally don't think Takumi even likes the STI. He just views it as a learning tool to improve his 86 skills. I can't really imagine him pulling the Impreza out for his inevitable rematch with Keisuke, since he's already aware that he can't really keep up with the Fd in his Hachi anymore.

He's near the limits of what the TRD Atlantic 4AGE powered AE86 can do. So, yeah... the GT86 will need to be tuned to a pretty high level to exceed the old car's performance but we've already established that Takumi isn't overly fond of forced induction. It's an interesting thought to ponder if they go that route.

An S2000 would be a good fit for him, but I don't know if they'd do that since he's already defeated one.

Matej
07-30-2012, 01:08 PM
I would also think Toyota/Saburu would have to pay them a lot of money to write that in?
If anything Toyota and/or Subaru probably asked them to write a new season so they can use it as viral marketing.
My guess is those two automakers have always had a hand in the series.

tricky_ab
07-30-2012, 01:46 PM
It's about time...There's been two arcade releases since the last season of Initial D. It's going to be nice to finally see this start back up again :)

LoneStarSilvia
07-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

2slow2go
07-30-2012, 03:41 PM
^^^Yeah, I personally don't think Takumi even likes the STI. He just views it as a learning tool to improve his 86 skills. I can't really imagine him pulling the Impreza out for his inevitable rematch with Keisuke, since he's already aware that he can't really keep up with the Fd in his Hachi anymore.

He's near the limits of what the TRD Atlantic 4AGE powered AE86 can do. So, yeah... the GT86 will need to be tuned to a pretty high level to exceed the old car's performance but we've already established that Takumi isn't overly fond of forced induction. It's an interesting thought to ponder if they go that route.

An S2000 would be a good fit for him, but I don't know if they'd do that since he's already defeated one.
Bro did you just say takumi should drive a s2000.. Have you no shame?

59bhp
07-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Cannot wait

alixander2012
07-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Omg sooo excited!!!!

stinky_180
07-30-2012, 04:25 PM
TIGHT! can't wait

simmode1
07-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Bro did you just say takumi should drive a s2000.. Have you no shame?
240hp high revving N/A four banger in a lightweight, taut chassis renown for it's handling. Plus, its ceiling for performance improvement is pretty damn high. Sounds like its right up his alley. What else could you see him in, if not an 86 or S2k?

Hell, Takumi was about to lose to that S2k if the old dude didn't get sick. He even broke the 86's suspension just trying to catch up to the Honda. Honestly, in terms of raw performance potential, even the GT86 is inferior to the S2000, IMO.

DJ-of-E
07-30-2012, 05:24 PM
it seems like a natural progression from ae86 to gt86, but he would somehow need to get more power on that car against stronger competition if he gets that.

I would also think Toyota/Saburu would have to pay them a lot of money to write that in? realistically, i see him driving his dad's impreza but they could always write it in that his dad says no, tough luck kid. haha

I swear, if there's a GT86, then I am completely confused about the timeline of the manga.

It was originally set around 1996 - 1999 timeline. However all of the sudden, racing against 2 350z's?!?! I though Ryosuke is doing 1 season, not 4 more years...though the manga pretty much took almost 3 years for the sidewinder arc.

The natural progression would have to be the WRX tuned with bigger turbo. Keisuke's car literally is outclassing the AE86, both in power and maybe in handling. Takumi may need to realize to win, he can't just take his AE86 all the time. Funny, Keisuke stated he hates racing against AWD.

We still don't know what Bunta had in store for him. One of the later chapters he mentioned Ryosuke (and his team) tuned far more than he could imagined. However, he also know the car won't last much longer (dunno whether it was performance or just competition). I'm guessing Bunta has a secret car for Takumi in case that happens...

...and it better not be a freaken GT86. :duh:

K_style
07-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Guess it's time to watch old stages just to refresh my memory!!!

simmode1
07-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Great points, DJ-of-E. If Takumi wanted to confine himself to N/A FR's and limit his growth, then S2000 or GT86 would be great for him. But I totally forgot, Bunta is guiding his developement (somewhat) and pops ain't gonna let that happen. Even though the S2000 and GT86 are fantastic cars, Takumi needs to pick something that actually has a chance of beating Keisuke's beastly ass FD and I don't really see either of those cars doing it. Takumi piloting the Impreza with some upgrades should give Keisuke tons of problem though.

But as for the timeline, yeah. The GT86 would totally torpedo it. 350Z's though? They're not too far off the cusp since they came out on Japan in what? 2002?

DJZ
07-30-2012, 06:41 PM
cant wait to watch it. best show ever. I doubt they're going to give him a "new" car like a s2k considering how big the 86 was in the show, and how it made it so much more intense when he was racing his beater against newer better cars and winning

dawagarage
07-30-2012, 07:25 PM
id rather more wangan midnight

ghoti
07-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Guess it's time to watch old stages just to refresh my memory!!!
^This. My guess is "drift tax" on the hachi is going to go up even higher

Wangan Midnight is for like Car aficionados only. That shyte gets into lots of detail in some episodes,
like when they explain stitch welding and chassis stiffening

DJ-of-E
07-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Wangan Midnight is for like Car aficionados only. That shyte gets into lots of detail in some episodes,
like when they explain stitch welding and chassis stiffening

No kidding, the chapter when they mentions due building a chassis with nothing but a fucken set of hammers, it reminded me of those old track instructors on their 70s and 80s cars that still whoop a ton of people's socks off.

KiLLeR2001
07-30-2012, 08:06 PM
If they introduce the 86GT, it will be in the hands of a rival, and Takumi will defeat it with his AE86. The whole point of the show is Takumi's ability to beat any car with his trusty ole AE86, even if there is a little luck involved.

Trinidrift3
07-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:jerkit:
if you could not tell i am a huge initial d fan

Trinidrift3
07-30-2012, 08:11 PM
If anything Toyota and/or Subaru probably asked them to write a new season so they can use it as viral marketing.
My guess is those two automakers have always had a hand in the series.

i thought that too, but if that were true i feel like we would have seen more toyota's in the series like the supra's, chaser's, cressida's etc

DJZ
07-30-2012, 08:30 PM
If they introduce the 86GT, it will be in the hands of a rival, and Takumi will defeat it with his AE86. The whole point of the show is Takumi's ability to beat any car with his trusty ole AE86, even if there is a little luck involved.

agreed. thats what i was saying

2slow2go
07-30-2012, 08:33 PM
240hp high revving N/A four banger in a lightweight, taut chassis renown for it's handling. Plus, its ceiling for performance improvement is pretty damn high. Sounds like its right up his alley. What else could you see him in, if not an 86 or S2k?

Hell, Takumi was about to lose to that S2k if the old dude didn't get sick. He even broke the 86's suspension just trying to catch up to the Honda. Honestly, in terms of raw performance potential, even the GT86 is inferior to the S2000, IMO.

im not talking in terms of performance and stuff.

it just takumi has been a toyota guy. seeing him in something else would just be not right.

simmode1
07-30-2012, 08:36 PM
^^^Lol... Takumi has NEVER given a fuck about brands. What are you talking about? He was too dumb to understand anything other than 'driving feel'.

Man guys... two things I would LOVE to see in the new series:
- A Wangan Midnight crossover episode. Remember the one when the kid took the S30 into the mountains and hit the touge for a little bit?
- AE86 defeats the GT86 is a battle. Seriously. I hate that fucking car. In fact, I wanna see Itsuki's turbo 85 beat that shit.

ZenkiKid
07-30-2012, 08:38 PM
AWESOME.

First I hear that a new DBZ movie is coming out in 2013

Now I hear that Initial D is coming back?!?! YES.

simmode1
07-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Damn. 2012 and 2013 are shaping up to be good years to be into anime. I had a feeling a DragonBall revival was being planned ever since they released this a few years ago:
QiDwn4kjmHs

Big Zee
07-30-2012, 09:04 PM
wasn't Keisuke's FD heavily modded the last couple episodes ? like full kit, different rims and more power ? why is the vid of him racing the r34 showing his car back to the old setup ?

simmode1
07-30-2012, 09:27 PM
That clip is from an earlier race that was never shown during the show.

word sux
07-30-2012, 09:36 PM
very surprised with this announcement

but I wonder how many seasons it will be and how they will end it seeing as how the manga has been trudging along at the same snails pace for years

Smurf_240SX
07-30-2012, 11:06 PM
It's about time!

stinky_180
08-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Found takumi's new car

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

gusisboosted
08-02-2012, 04:14 PM

after reading this... i youtubed it....

dude thanks.
Such an amazing show.
Never liked initial D too much, never really gave it a chance with all the intense techno sessions.

but wow man that wangan midnight show is just on point.

HyperTek
08-02-2012, 05:00 PM
I didnt like wangan midnight too much, Initial D gave you that sense of rivaly/competition that I just didnt feel in Wangan midnight.. of course tho I watched wangan midnight when it wasnt even subbed very good at that time.

I got tired of the Initial D arcade games though

silverarrow27
08-02-2012, 05:01 PM
I wanna see Takumi and Bunta go at it.

simmode1
08-02-2012, 05:07 PM
I didnt like wangan midnight too much, Initial D gave you that sense of rivaly/competition that I just didnt feel in Wangan midnight.. of course tho I watched wangan midnight when it wasnt even subbed very good at that time.
I agree. Wangan Midnight's story just wandered aimlessly. They have no goals. They just want to be highway racers forever and ever. And some of those storylines were infuriatingly retarded. Like the guy with the glasses that built the R33 claiming the highway racing was inherently superior to circuit racing... WTF?!?

I wanna see Takumi and Bunta go at it.
What? Again? Takumi would just get whooped like he did last time. He hasn't advanced enough to give Bunta any problems or even make him worry, IMO. now, if Takumi had legitamately beat that Godhand racer guy... Maybe then.

Weedm
08-02-2012, 05:14 PM
i bet 3/4 of the people in this thread are asian

Z_Spool
08-02-2012, 11:47 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif

DRIFTER-M
08-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Found takumi's new car

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Seems legit!

dawagarage
08-03-2012, 03:42 PM
dont get me wrong, i enjoyed reading/watching/playing initial D
but i just enjoyed watching wangan more. im sure part of it was that
i discovered wangan a little after having bought a 280z. i liked the technical
side of it, not necessarily the wangan aspect as im against street racing aha.

DJ-of-E
08-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Damn. 2012 and 2013 are shaping up to be good years to be into anime. I had a feeling a DragonBall revival was being planned ever since they released this a few years ago:
QiDwn4kjmHs

That and actually spending money and time cleaning up Dragon Ball Kai. Seriously, the pace of Dragon Ball Kai is what is should be and not like before where it takes 15 episodes and 3 planets later just to charge up a fireball.

tricky_ab
08-03-2012, 07:02 PM
I agree. Wangan Midnight's story just wandered aimlessly. They have no goals. They just want to be highway racers forever and ever. And some of those storylines were infuriatingly retarded. Like the guy with the glasses that built the R33 claiming the highway racing was inherently superior to circuit racing... WTF?!?

That show didn't have a chance from the jump. It wasn't animated well, the story was WEAK, and overall it didn't draw you in for more. I kept watching, hoping that it would pick up...

...Nope...

kingkilburn
08-07-2012, 12:29 AM
You'd think someone would make a solid attempt to fill the void in the auto enthusiast market for manga and anime.

Both Initial D and Wangan Midnight are pretty weak. The car stuff is on point but everything else is hit and miss.

Kouki_monstr
08-07-2012, 02:08 AM
Dragon Ball Z-Movie-8-Broly The Legendary Super Saiyan-Part-1/5 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlIVhyrRTwQ)

old but still my favorite dragon ball z movie

sparkyS13
08-07-2012, 02:16 AM
:D after a long wait..

raz0rbladez909
08-07-2012, 08:59 AM
i bet 3/4 of the people in this thread are asian
LOL

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif
:hey: It's not racist, just a stereotype ;)

You'd think someone would make a solid attempt to fill the void in the auto enthusiast market for manga and anime.

Both Initial D and Wangan Midnight are pretty weak. The car stuff is on point but everything else is hit and miss.

I agree with this. I enjoyed some aspects of Initial D and some aspects of Wangan Midnight, but both of them just seem to drag out each episode almost to the point where it gets kind of boring. I'm curious as to where it will end up at the end? Is there an actual goal? Does Takumi go pro eventually? I only see the storyline ending abruptly after they do the same thing over and over. Hopefully I end up being wrong.

simmode1
08-07-2012, 01:49 PM
At least Initial D has a goal in mind: Beat the best mountain racing teams in Japan in preparation of taking the pro-racing world by storm. Wangan Midnight just wants to highway race forever. They don't care about careers, girls, their own kids or nothing! It's kinda funny how stupid it is.

And I'm not asian. What kind of damn sense did that even mean?

kingkilburn
08-07-2012, 01:54 PM
Sooooo How about getting moving to actual racing?

<<<<Herra Asian right here.

Kouki_monstr
08-07-2012, 01:54 PM
For the record, im not asian as well.. Looks like your stereotype is off

LoneStarSilvia
08-07-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm only 1/4 asian, so suck it.

This is probably my favorite part of the whole series. Literally held my breath the first time I saw it. I'm a total fanboy for Keisuke's RE A'd FD, minus the whole yellow thing.

I6PZuHjwWsQ

You silly ninnies stop complaining and just be glad we're getting new content. If they wanted to be more realistic, it'd consist of waking up, going to school, dragging through the work week, eating ramen and hot dogs, and blowing the rest of the minuscule paycheck on parts and gas. I don't wanna see my high school/post-high school life relived.

The animation and car models were pretty good in the last series, excited to see the visuals for the new stuff they're cooking.

FRpilot
08-07-2012, 09:58 PM
You silly ninnies stop complaining and just be glad we're getting new content. If they wanted to be more realistic, it'd consist of waking up, going to school, dragging through the work week, eating ramen and hot dogs, and blowing the rest of the minuscule paycheck on parts and gas. I don't wanna see my post high school/post-high school life relived.

:rofl: :bow: :werd:

kingkilburn
08-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Personally I think the story of a guy scarping everything he has together to try and make it as a circuit racer could be great.

Flipzide
08-08-2012, 02:49 AM
You have no idea how happy this has made me. I still go through the series at least once a year because I love it so much.

YAY!

Outlaw13
08-09-2012, 03:10 PM
i honestly would not mind tak changing his car. the true point was to show that tak is able to tackle any opponent with the 86 but now that the cars have much more to give i see him changing car. before, you saw tak upgrade his attitute then upgrade his car now he has completeley changed his attitude so its only reasonable he change his car. imo

FRpilot
08-09-2012, 03:35 PM
i'm not familiar with 4th stage. i think i may have watched it once out of order or sporadically so i don't remember the details of what cars he goes against. i remember he faced a miata and a bunch of civics and integras with the rx7 competing against all the high horsepower cars.

isn't his car kind of capable for what he deals with and that racing engine? i know he's still running a 1.6L motor, but it's not some ordinary corolla ecobox motor. that thing pulls 240 ponies and still in his light weight well balanced car. do you guys think he needs a car with upwards of 300+ hp and more modern suspension technology or just a new car to keep things interesting?

DALAZ_68
08-09-2012, 03:39 PM
That clip is from an earlier race that was never shown during the show.

It was most likely the clip from initial 2nd battle stage, when they drove against the er34

Outlaw13
08-10-2012, 11:55 AM
do you guys think he needs a car with upwards of 300+ hp and more modern suspension technology or just a new car to keep things interesting?
exactly what im saying thanks frpilot. he should need a new car due to all these other cars having all new tech and different suspension setup and so on and so forth. we have seen just about everything on the 86 except a turbo/supercharger set up and thats something that he has on his dads subi so either he starts racing in his dads subi or he goes for a new car something like the s2k since he technicaly lost to the car and its n/a motor.

DJ-of-E
08-10-2012, 12:06 PM
we have seen just about everything on the 86 except a turbo/supercharger set up and thats something that he has on his dads subi so either he starts racing in his dads subi or he goes for a new car something like the s2k since he technicaly lost to the car and its n/a motor.

Right now, Takumi is going against an even younger "genius" driver who drives a Levin. So no on Takumi driving a new car on the last of the Project D races.

Outlaw13
08-10-2012, 04:30 PM
^ darn really hoping to see something new out of tak

TheRealSy90
08-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Right now, Takumi is going against an even younger "genius" driver who drives a Levin. So no on Takumi driving a new car on the last of the Project D races.

Where is this at?

DriftN00b
08-11-2012, 04:59 AM
Where is this at?

the manga tard.

TheRealSy90
08-11-2012, 04:21 PM
I meant, where can I read it at. But I already found it.

Initial D Manga - Read Initial D Manga Online For Free - MangaPark (http://www.mangapark.com/manga/Initial-D)

Matej
08-11-2012, 05:47 PM
My guesses as to what Takumi's next car will be are either a 240SX with an LS1, or a Ford Mustang.

Also, I heard he will find a boyfriend this season.

PRADOgy
08-11-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm getting old.

simmode1
08-12-2012, 09:21 AM
isn't his car kind of capable for what he deals with and that racing engine? i know he's still running a 1.6L motor, but it's not some ordinary corolla ecobox motor. that thing pulls 240 ponies and still in his light weight well balanced car. do you guys think he needs a car with upwards of 300+ hp and more modern suspension technology or just a new car to keep things interesting?
Takumi will eventually need to rematch against Keisuke. Takumi himself has already confirmed the Keisuke's skill level has grown to match his own, however, Keisuke's FD far outclasses the 86. The 86 might keep up on the downhill, but on uphill sections there is absolutley NO contest between them.

This is what Takumi is worried about. Not the other team's drivers.

HyperTek
08-12-2012, 03:52 PM
My guesses as to what Takumi's next car will be are either a 240SX with an LS1, or a Ford Mustang.

Also, I heard he will find a boyfriend this season.

Cool maybe Bunta will put "Im killing it" on the windshield too