Xaser
07-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi, i read a lot, but no one can confirm

I have this bumper ( oem)
http://www.240edge.com/basics/93stdfr.jpg

and i like to put this :

http://codywellons.com/photos/s13/content/bin/images/large/_MG_7627.jpg

I found a few on ebay, or new one on nissanparts.cc

The silly question is, is necesary the other parts like Extension Brackets , Brackets, retainers and Reinforcement or when mines are ok to change?

sorry the awful english.

Chaluska
07-29-2012, 08:31 PM
yes, all needed.

kikcaffine
07-30-2012, 09:25 AM
I didnt use the foam on mine, I just reused my chuki one for it and same with the crash bar and it fit fine. All the other brackets are pretty much needed though.

Xaser
07-30-2012, 03:24 PM
So many thnks, ill buy everything

cheers!

Kirin
08-01-2012, 12:23 PM
I didnt use the foam on mine, I just reused my chuki one for it and same with the crash bar and it fit fine. All the other brackets are pretty much needed though.

I'm in the process of going kouki on my hatch as well and I second the purchase of bracketry. But one thing I want to point out is the convoluted notion of reusing chuki bumper supports (aka. crash bar). I was definitely not able to get the kouki bumper fitted correctly with the original crash bar, as the bar itself is way to thick, and it ends up interfering with the bottom vents on the kouki bumper.

I'm still trying to find a workaround for this problem, and trying to avoid removing the crash bar completely as many people running kouki bumpers currently do.

Edwin562
08-01-2012, 12:30 PM
you can use the USDM crash bars but you will need to modify them in order for the foam support to fit properly. If you want your bumper to fit perfectly, you will need most of the OEM brackets. I had my 180sx bumper for a year now and during the time i did use all chuki brackets, My bumper sagged, now that i have acquired all of the 180sx brackets and modified my USDM crash bar, it fits like a glove.

Kirin
08-01-2012, 02:18 PM
huh, interesting!

any tips & pointers to what was modified on the crash bar? would be great to be able to follow the advice of someone who has gone through the same, and found a solution.

I was thinking of grooving the mounting brackets on the crash bar to have it sit a bit further back and not interfere with the bumper.