PDA

View Full Version : Few suprises on my new 240sx

devil280z
07-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Just bought a 1992 s13. And i found out it has kyb buzz spec shocks. Are these any good? Cant find any info on them. Also i pulled the motor and i found a luk 6 puck clutch. Are these any good also?

Sileighty_85
07-27-2012, 09:52 PM
So why is it when I google that shit that i find a good bit of info on it?

Stop Failing Florida.

devil280z
07-28-2012, 04:53 AM

Stop Failing Florida.

Why you gotta be a dick?

sodel_s13
07-28-2012, 05:06 AM
because its the internet. and i agree, google is your best friend.

jr_ss
07-28-2012, 06:47 AM

Stop Failing Florida.

I swear we are not all complete morons down here... However, I am noticing more bad than good and that's not helping the cause.

Future240
07-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Devil280z to answer your questions KYB is good for shocks however they don't compare to coilovers in terms of handling and drop. Comfort is another story. How good that is depends on your opinion.

I would prefer coils to shocks not all would. As for the clutch what engine KA, SR, RB etc? It depends on your setup. Based on the questions you are asking unless you dropped a lot of cash at one time I am going to guess KA or stockish SR which IMO a 6 six puck clutch would be too much for.

When asking for opinions to simple ask which is best will usually be met with responses like th above. As a 240 owner you have tons of parts and information available to you. Utilize your resources, search the forum. Ultimately what is good or bad depends on three things

1. Build Quality
2. Opinion
3. Use

1. Don't expect $800 coils to compare to $1500 coils. (disclaimer: while it is not always about price per say just remember you get what you pay for)

2. Remember unless something is just shitty, what you feel may be different for another person. Their means to an end may be different than yours but may not always be "right" (see SR VS KA)

3. A lot of this stuff breaks down to what you are using it for. Street warriors dont need a lot of stuff track cars do. Once you realize what you want your car to do build around that.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/chat/297481-small-questions-thread-search-first-use-instead-making-new-threads.html