PDA

View Full Version : Driving tips

Lilman0128
07-20-2012, 01:51 PM
A little background info, I been having my s14 for around 6 months, my dream vehicle since I was 11, but honestly I never gone out to drift with it or with any other car for that fact ever. Do you guys have any tips for a beginner? We all started as beginners so keep your unhelpful comments about noob drifters to yourself ty:) By the way im stock ka. Thanks.

OgSilviaSkywalker
07-20-2012, 02:10 PM
def. no streets! stick to big parking lots for now.

Edwin562
07-20-2012, 02:16 PM
head out to Willow springs, they offer track/drift event ever so often. check regional section for more info.

fckillerbee
07-20-2012, 02:19 PM
head out to Willow springs, they offer track/drift event ever so often. check regional section for more info.

THIS.

and we also already have a thread for this....in this same section.

Hellother
07-20-2012, 02:45 PM
next time your in vegas go to Udrift. 50 bucks gets you in their cars (welded, cheap coils, no worries about crashing your dream car, and wide open space) , and some instruction (you'll prolly need it) plus your in Vegas..

thescorpion
07-30-2012, 01:25 PM
check out drift bible on youtube

good info; check it out

Karlitos
07-30-2012, 02:07 PM
THIS.

and we also already have a thread for this....in this same section.

x2... Bonus points for getting fckillerbee to do ride alongs with you. He know his s14's and stock ka's well around balcony.

Silverbullet
07-30-2012, 02:12 PM
check out drift bible on youtube

good info; check it out

I'm not sure if i'd agree that drift bible is a good tutorial.
Perhaps I just have a different methodology, but I have found ti easier to learn the track by grip driving it first. Not only will a driver get the muscle memory of the maximum Gs that car/tire combo will exert but he/she will become familiar with the track. From there, its just a matter of giving it a little extra gas at the apex until the driver gets comfortable controling the car with a loose rear. From there the driver will start to learn to get side ways sooner before the apex, making it a real drift.

Dima1127
08-08-2012, 06:13 PM
i learned to drift in big parking lots and behind stores is good. some big store have that big 90 degree turn, thats perfect learn there preferable find a store with asphalt (black) in the back not just concrete, it will be harder to slide on concrete, asphalt is smoother.
im not good at drift so i cant tell you much but hope it helped. you can pm me if you got any questions.

Brian
08-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Good info so far. I'd say....

1. Drive. Reading info and watching video is neat, but it doesn't put you in the driver's seat.

2. Have fun. Don't worry if you don't get the hang of it right away. Keep practicing and you will progress. It becomes quite simple, actually.

3. Let the car do most of the work. You really don't have to do much to drift. The car will work itself out more or less.

4. Look cool. What else is the point????

thefro526
08-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Go to events, especially skid pad events with simple courses, and just drive. Ask for advice from the event organizers and your fellow drivers, most of them will help you without hassle.

Also, video tape yourself while driving. Over the shoulder is best because you can see your handwork, foot work and shifting. Analyze that footage and see what you can improve upon,

Frederick1
09-06-2012, 01:45 AM
The drifting a great job. But not for all. I am crazy to learn how to drift. I want to learn it without any school. because in the school all the restrictions and rules I don't want to stuck in all those kind of stuff. So any one have some short and clear tips for me. Drifting is my all time dream form when I am only 13 but once make a accident with my dad's car and after that my father banned driving for me. now the punishment period is over and I want to learn the drifting and if took admission in any school for drifting I am sure I have to face again that punishment. So share the tips which you know.

karl wasabi
09-06-2012, 02:00 AM
http://zilvia.net/f/motorsports-skilled-driving/313584-drift-entrance-techniques-form.html

End thread...

s13-LBC-562
10-11-2012, 06:02 PM
e brake and parking lots is the easy way to drive

Mofuhcka
11-01-2012, 08:56 PM
i learned to drift in big parking lots and behind stores is good. some big store have that big 90 degree turn, thats perfect learn there preferable find a store with asphalt (black) in the back not just concrete, it will be harder to slide on concrete, asphalt is smoother.
im not good at drift so i cant tell you much but hope it helped. you can pm me if you got any questions.

Im with this, the Raleys down the street from me has a FAT turn for the huge big rigs, plus that asphalt is prime, especially after it rains.

StormTrooperS13
11-17-2012, 10:53 AM
video tape yourself while driving. Over the shoulder is best because you can see your handwork, foot work and shifting. Analyze that footage and see what you can improve upon,

Video taping yourself is probably the best technique I myself have invested in, the only way to better yourself is to see your faults from a different perspective. Though I'm one engine away from completing my S13 build I have brought sideways my truck (a 91 F-150 5.8liter) on the dirt. keeping safe and starting into a turn slower and gradually picking up speed to keep your back end from facing front is the best way I learned. Good luck man and stay safe :)