PDA

View Full Version : 400/450hp ca18det setup

Xaser
07-20-2012, 09:38 AM
* Hi mates, im in plans of 400-450bhp on CA18DET S13.
Until Now I see this pieces.
Turbo
Turbonetics GTK 350

Exhaust Manifold
************** Ebay
Fuel Pump
Walbro 255

Injectors
550cc/m Pulsar GTI R

Valve spring retainers
Supertech titanium

Rod bearing
ACL Racing

Rod
K1

Piston
Wiseco 83.5mm

Head , rod and flywheel
ARP2000

Intercooler
Front Mount

BOV
I dont decide Yet

Exahust
Custom 2.5’ decat.
Chip/nisstune/Megasquirt
I guess so, megasquirt 3
Cams
Custom Cams 260-270

Head
Full restored, ported and polish

Block
All checked and “Straight” sides

Oil/water Pumps
Oem New ones

Air filter
Blitz Stainnless

Gasket
All Around cometic in STD size.
Do you think, with this conf, and 28 PSI ( 2 Kilos) is a good setup to 400/450hp ? and 9000 rpm safely?
I need some more? Or change anything? ( rod, piston, FMIC and exhaust in 2.5’’ are installed right now, I can change the exhaust to 3.0 but I can’t change rods and more)
The use of the car is 100% highway and top speed ( I don’t live in US, I don’t have speed limit /police trouble ) :P
And one more, I have The oem Diff I don’t know the Relationship ( 7400rpm almost 235Km/h on original tire) I like to be a little more longer, do you know if nismo/cusco/kaaz or similar offer more “long” diff?
Thnks to read

Xaser
07-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Somebody?????

vehicle336
07-22-2012, 01:45 AM
First off, the CA18 isn't very common in the US at all, and the ones that are here don't run 400+ HP. (Some may, but not many) I can tell you by looking at your set up and the amount of boost you're planning on running that you'll be out of injector very easily. 2.0 liter motors run 750cc or more to make 400+ HP, I'd imagine you'd want to have a safety zone built in, so I'd reccommend at least 750cc injectors, if not more. Probably 850cc's so you have room to grow if need be.

And yes, you will want a 3-inch (76-80 mm) full exhaust. 2.5 just won't cut it.

Croustibat
07-23-2012, 01:39 AM
Injectors are too small, 2.5" will be too small (2.75" may be enough) .

I dont know about that turbo, only garretts. a gtx3071 would be quite nice and provide a bit of headroom.

On e85, a gt2871r A/R .86 will net you about 400 HP @ around 1.8 bar . I would recommend high Z ID 1000's or high Z FICs, this way you can bin the dropping resistor and use the ECU the way it was intended first (it has a highZ driver).

If you stick to a MAF management, Z32 one is the way to go.

as far as i can tell about the cams you dont want too much opening nor lift. 260/ 10mm is already a bit too much imho. I think 250-256in/9mm 260-264ex/9.5mm will be already quite a lot for high rpms. Dont forget this is NOT an NA engine, and you will be boosting a lot. You dont want much overlap.

Why do you want to rev to 9000 ? It really brings a lot of troubles (Bigger/faster injectors, water pump nearly cavitating, need of underdrive pulley, oil return flow starts to have a hard time, you need a perfectly balanced crank/rod/piston/flywheel assembly and so on) standard lifters can do up to 7500/8000 quite reliably, i suggest you stay there.

that and you will eat through gearboxes with that power level.

ECU wise, a nisture is able to manage that kind of power. I would not go megasquirt unless you know what you are doing, as you wont get any support (most CA owners use nistune / powerFC/ off the shelf chips)

considering the diff, i am quite surprised by what you say, but maybe you got a shorter diff than i have. Anyway, a Z32 gearbox would solve both the gearbox strengh and the gear ratio problem. Or you could get an S14 diff, they are longer than the S13 ones.